Chapter 26

Average Me

"Hyo Jin..." he called me again.

"Yeah?" I hummed and Luhan eyes darted from me to the ground.

He is hesitating again, most probably unsure of what he wanted to say.

"Is there a problem?" I questioned and he bit his bottom lip.

Luhan wasn't replying, but instead he looked away. What's wrong?

"Erm...Take your time to spea-"

"Hyo Jin, I still love you." he looked at me straight in the eyes and his confession left me in a state of shock.

"W-what?" I asked again but stammering. 

"I'm not lying. I know we have broke up but I really still love you. You have no idea. I came back because of you. I missed you so much." he spoke in a soft voice and my heart was just beating so fast, I don't even know why.

He confessed. I did not know what to do. I stared into his eyes and I felt my heart trying to tell me something but I could not figure it out. All I know is that, I don't have any feelings for Luhan anymore. 

"How about her?" I asked directly and Luhan sighed.

"I told you already. We aren't together." Luhan looked away and spoke in a low tone.

Why did I bring this up again? I was already near to forgetting everything but he reminded me of it again. Flashbacks came back so quickly, scenes replayed instantly on my mind. I almost died. 

"You could tell me you already had a girlfriend. Why didn't you?" I asked and he sighed deeply.

Before he could continue, I quickly cut him off. "You were together. Don't lie. Or else why would she look for me?" I was near to shouting.

"I'm not! I told you that we already broke up. I dated you after me and her broke up." Luhan tried to be as clear as possible.

"Okay really?" I was trying hard to be calm but my blood was boiling and I was about to erupt in anger soon. He was once again lying. 

"THEN WHY DID YOU HELP HER ESCAPE WHEN I WAS NEARLY KILLED BY HER?" I stood up, yelling at him. I was out of control. I wasn't composed anymore. Unexpected tears started to fall when I thought of that situation again. The reason why we broke up. I clenched my fist until my knuckles turned really white.

 

-Flashback-

It all happened a few weeks after Luhan and I were together...

"Hey Yeon Joo, then I will meet you later. Sorry that I'm late." I apologised to my best friend.

"It's alright. I will wait for you." I could sense Yeon Joo smiling over the phone.

I was suppose to meet Yeon Joo and my other friends for a BBQ party that started this evening. I thought I would reach there earlier than expected but in the end I was late because I took a nap and overslept. I quickened my pace so I could reach the venue earlier. Damn, why did I overslept?

Now I had to walk pass this pretty dark alley and I was getting a little afraid. This area was total pitch black and I could not really see a thing. I was starting to tremble as I looked around. Gosh, how do I get out? Things got more scary when I could hear sounds of footstep gradually growing louder behind me. My palms were sweating and I bit my lips really hard. Who is it behind me? I hope the person behind me wasn't following me. 

Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright.

I was in a state of trepidation. The person was now a metre behind me. I could not think anymore. I was clueless on what I should do. 

Don't harm me. Don't harm me.

I wanted to turn to look behind but I did not dare. I couldn't run as all I see in front of me is just darkness. If I run, I might fall and injure myself. I quickly dialed  Yeon Joo's number just in case.

"Y..Yeon Joo..." my voice was shaking and my hands were trembling.

"Yeah. Hyo Jin?"

Before I could reply, I felt someone push me against the cold wall. Due to shock, I dropped my phone on the floor. I could not hear Yeon Joo's voice anymore.

The unknown person placed her right hand on my neck, tightening the grip. It was really painful. I tried to push the person but I did not have the energy to.

"Park Hyo Jin." It's a female voice.

I wanted to scream for help but it was difficult to with her strangling me.

"W-w-wh--who are you? Please don't harm me!" I managed to speak and pleaded her in a timid tone.

She strangled me harder and I could not breath properly. My tears were starting to fall unknowingly. It was extremely painful. I could not take it any longer. 

"Hello? Hyo Jin, are you there?" I heard Yeon Joo's voice full of worry. The girl suddenly kicked my phone afar and looked at me.

"I'm Luhan's girlfriend." she spoke. Upon hearing, the words sink in and it got me confused and shocked.

I wanted to speak but I couldn't. I was starting to go out of breath and I was feeling extremely uncomfortable. 

"Listen up. Stop looking for Luhan. Oh wait...I realised you won't be able to anymore." she suddenly laughed and it creeped me.

I was losing conscious. My vision was getting really blur due to my tears. I did not want to think anymore.

"Because you are going to die this instant and you won't be able to see Luhan anymore." I could slightly see her smirking.

She tightened her grip at the fullest and I felt myself nearly going out of breath. My tears fell down as the grip caused pain. 

"Yoo Ra!" I heard a familiar voice.

The girl finally released her grip and I fell straight to the ground, a little unconscious now. I started to breathe heavily.

The guy ran to her and spoke to the girl. "What are you doing?"

"Luhan?"

Luhan? I attempted to open my eyes and looked up.

"W...were you harming someone?" Luhan's voice was clear now and I could confirm it was him.

I could see Luhan looking at me. And when our eyes met, he stood rooted to the ground.

"H..Hyo Jin?" he mumbled, audible for me to hear.

"HYO JIN?" I heard a voice from another direction and I slowly turned to see who was it.

"Let's run!" I heard Luhan told the girl as he held her hand before sprinting away.

"Hyo Jin, are you alright?" Yeon Joo ran towards me worriedly.

"Stop right there!" my other friends shouted before chasing.

-End of flashback-

 

Months after he went to study overseas, I couldn't let him go somehow after we broke up. I still loved him at that time. But later on, I was able to stay strong and forget about him. When he came back, I decided to forgive him. I thought we could at least be friends. I told all my friends who knew the matter to forgive him. But after he lied to me once again that he and that girl weren't together, I realised I should not have forgiven him. I was sure they were together. I had evidence that Yeon Joo and my friends sent me before but as to forgive him, I deleted everything. 

"Hyo Jin.. I-" Luhan stood up.

"You were lucky you didn't got caught." I stated firmly.

"I nearly died. Don't you know that?" I bit my lips as tears rolled down.

"Hyo Jin." Luhan took a step towards me.

"Don't come close." I stated as another tear fell.

"Hyo Jin. I'm sorry." he did not obey and took another step closer.

"I SAID NOT TO COME CLOSE!" I lost composure and shouted unknowningly. Luhan looked at me with wide eyes.

"What's happening?" I heard someone asked whom was near us.

Damn. Where did this two come from? They might have heard everything.

"Hyung? Hyo Jin? Are you quarelling?" Sehun asked, he seemed bewildered.

"Hyo Jin, are you crying?" Kyungsoo asked me with concern as I wiped a tear off my cheeks.

Not wanting to be here anymore, I walked back a few steps before turning to run off.