Chapter 10

Average Me

School. School. School. Lessons are still as boring as usual. It was always common to see students falling asleep in class or just staring into space.

For you, you were just daydreaming and pretending that you are always listening. 

Time never waits for anybody. Fast forward, in a few more weeks time, the change class process is going to start again. 

Seriously, why do we always have to change class?

You spinned your pen and just stared at your textbook. 

Surprisingly, Yeon Joo was paying attention today. Usually, she will be dozing off during every single lesson.

She is so not Yeon Joo today.

"Why are you so focused?" You questioned since you were bored.

"Shh..." Yeon Joo silenced you and locked her eyes on the whiteboard.

You rolled your eyes and sat up straight, "Tell me. Why are you so unusual today?"

"What's wrong with listening in class?" Yeon Joo turned to face you.

"So well-behaved today..." You mumbled and laid your head on the textbook.

 

Finally, something that is not boring at all: recess. After a number of boring lessons, there is finally a bit of freedom.

You were just quenching your thirst by drinking a cup of juice and waiting for Yeon Joo to arrive with her food when those 4 people came over again.

"Hey!" Suho greeted and waved at you.

You waved back while you were playing with your straw.

"Where's Yeon Joo?" Baekhyun asked. You pointed at where all the stores selling food were at and he nodded.

"Not eating?" You questioned after you drank a sip from the juice.

Kyungsoo shook his head and sat down in front of you.

Did he just choose the seat in front of me? You bit your bottom lip and just continued to drink your juice at a much faster speed.

"We are not hungry." Sehun spoke as he and the other 2 sat down.

After a while, Yeon Joo came back and sat next to you. 

"Hello there! Long time no see!" Baekhyun greeted with joy.

Yeon Joo just looked at Baekhyun and rolled her eyes.

"I just met you this morning." Yeon Joo replied, annoyed.

You thought about earlier on. Why was Yeon Joo so attentive in class?

"You have not told me yet." You stared at Yeon Joo and waited for a reply.

"Oh. Just now? I needed to know the topic well so I can win Baekhyun in the next test." Yeon Joo answered you and glared at the boy just in front of her.

Baekhyun just smirked and shook his head, "Seriously."

"You two are so close to each other. You did not even reply my message yesterday but you replied Yeon Joo?" Sehun remarked and folded his arms.

"What? Excuse me, stop asking me to buy bubble tea for you. And Yeon Joo kept asking so many questions, hence I needed to reply." Baekhyun explained and rolled his eyes.

"Something is going on between this two." Kyungsoo joked and Suho nodded his head, agreeing.

You chuckled and continued to finish your juice. There was still one-quarter of the liquid left in the plastic cup. 

"You are always drinking a drink, otherwise you are not eating at all." Kyungsoo turned to you and spoke.

"I just don't feel like eating sometimes." You answered and gave a grin.

"You should at least eat something. It's not healthy if you keep skipping meals." Kyungsoo continued with a warm smile.

He cares about me?

You nodded your head and quickly finished your drink.

Of course he cares, right? I mean he cares for his buddies as well and we are friends... What's wrong with that?

 

                                                               _________________________________________

 

After school, you and Yeon Joo stayed in the classroom for a while since she did not want to go home yet.

Yeon Joo tapped on your shoulder. You closed the book you were reading and faced her.

"Hyo Jin." she called you.

She then turned to glance at EXO and back to you. 

"Kyungsoo is your?" She lowered down her volume and spoke.

How many times did she asked this question? You lost count. Probably this is the thousandth time. How many times do you needed to repeat yourself?

"Stop asking me. For the thousandth time, friend! Friend!" You whisper-shouted in an irritated tone.

And for the thousandth time, Yeon Joo facepalmed herself.

"Stop lying to yourself." 

"Oh. And I'm getting used to just taking him as a friend already." You beamed and replied.

That was true though. You were starting to not take him as your crush anymore. You felt that you don't like him anymore.

Just then, there were noise coming from just behind you.

"You lost! Go now!" Sehun instructed with a cheeky smile.

"It's your turn to buy snacks today!" Kyungsoo replied, annoyed.

"Just go! This bubble tea guy is always lazy to buy snacks for us." Baekhyun giggled.

Kyungsoo reluctantly stood up and kicked Sehun's chair before he left.

You sighed and shook your head slowly. These people were always creating a noisy commotion.

You went back to the interesting book you were reading a minute ago.

Yeon Joo looked at Kyungsoo, who was exiting the classroom, and looked at you.

"I'm going out for a while. I will be back soon." she said as she stood up.

You nodded slowly and continued reading your book.

 

                                                               _________________________________________

 

"Kyungsoo! Wait up!" Yeon Joo stopped to take a deep breath and continued to chase after the boy, "Damn! You walk so fast."

Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks and turned around to Yeon Joo who was panting.

"What are you doing-"

Kyungsoo was cut off when Yeon Joo suddenly pulled him to a corner nearby.

Yeon Joo did a quick glance around her surroundings.

Hyo Jin? No. Baekhyun? No. Suho? No. Sehun? No. Anybody else nearby? No. Okay. That's great. Yeon Joo heaved a sigh of relief before turning back to Kyungsoo.

"What were you trying to do?" Kyungsoo asked, folding his arms.

"Do you want to do something fun?" Yeon Joo asked softly, voice filled with excitement.

"What?" A confused Kyungsoo looked at Yeon Joo with a weird expression.

 

"Aish! Hyo Jin, why do you keep on reading and reading?" 

"Keep quiet."

Just when you were about to flip to the next page, Baekhyun snatched your book from you.

"Hey! Give me back my book!" You demanded and stood up from your seat.

"Just sit down!" Suho pulled you back to your seat and Sehun sat on an empty seat in front of you.

"You all up to something?" You tried to gain back your composure and talked.

You were about to reach the of the story when suddenly these idiots just disrupted you. Seriously? Can't they just stop fooling around?

"What do you want?" You questioned again, shooting the 3 of them a glare.

"I want you to tell us the truth." Sehun smirked at you.

Truth?

 

"Are you serious, Yeon Joo? It is not even necessary to do that."

"It's fun." Yeon Joo replied with a grin. 

"Why must it be me? Can't it be Baekhyun or Suho or Sehun or just some random student?" Kyungsoo sighed and looked at the person in front of him.

"Come on! Please?" Yeon Joo tried to persuade as she titled her head sideways.

Kyungsoo did not want to do this. How do you describe this? This is just so...absurd? Weird? Whatever. 

"No." Kyungsoo denied as he lean against the wall and adjusted his bangs.

"Seriously? Don't spoil the fun!" Yeon Joo sighed.

Who would want to do this? Can't she just do something else? Alright Kyungsoo, just say no.

"Yes. Wait, I mean-"

"You just said yes! You better keep your promise!" Yeon Joo laughed and ran back to the classroom.

What the hell, Do Kyungsoo? Why did you say wrongly?

 

"What truth?" You asked with a questioning look.

"You are a great actress. Stop trying to pretend." Baekhyun smirked and folded his arms.

What are wrong with these peoples? Oh gosh! Can't they just wipe off that smirk? It's driving me crazy!

And what truth do they want? What did I do?

"I don't know what-"

"Just tell us. Do you like anyone in class?" Suho cut you off and questioned with that stupid smirk.

OH MY GOSH! GUYS! PLEASE STOP SMIRKING! Of course you did not say that out loud. They might think you went nuts.

You kept calm and shook your head.

Baekhyun and Suho looked at each other and looked back at you.

"Really? You are lying." Sehun commented and you looked at him.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not." You beamed and replied.

What are they talking about? Do they mean Kyungsoo? Oh I get it now.

"I'm not lying. I know what you all are talking about. Wait. This is weird. How do you all know?" Your eyes widened and you glanced at the 3 boys.

"What are you talking about? What do we know?" Baekhyun quickly lied.

So they don't know? 

Oh! I get it now! They might think I like Kyungsoo because of that ideal type thingy.

"I don't have a crush. Yeon Joo knows me the most. Ask her if you think I'm not telling the truth." You looked up and finger-comb your hair.

The three exchanged glances. They seemed really confused.