Chapter 7

Average Me

Kyungsoo did not expect the sudden confession in the class chat. He was flabbergasted up till now, even though it was said to be a dare from you.

"Are you heartbroken to know that it is a dare?" Baekhyun asked, making a sad face at him.

How does Kyungsoo feel? Heartbroken? Upset? He just met you days ago. Maybe just a little disappointed? He did not know. Do you really like him? He have all these questions in his mind.

"Don't start to annoy me, especially when it is early in the morning." Kyungsoo commented. He said that because he did not know how to answer Baekhyun's question. 

"Don't try to avoid my question, Do Kyungsoo." Baekhyun folded his arms and stated. 

Kyungsoo really did not want to answer Baekhyun, hence he stood up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" Suho asked, surprised to see Kyungsoo suddenly moving off.

"Going out for a walk before class start a.k.a to avoid Byun Baekhyun." Kyungsoo answered, his hands in his pocket and exited the classroom. Maybe he just needed to think for a while.

 

Just nice, when Kyungsoo left, you and Yeon Joo entered. You were still a little traumatized from the situation that happened earlier. 

Most probably you could avoid all these problems by just avoiding Kyungsoo. That might be easy, you thought. You played with your fingers and sat on your seat.

"Good morning! By the way, Hyo Jin was it really a dare?" A curious Sehun questioned.

No. It was not a dare. It was a confession that was in the wrong chat and the confession is such a big mistake. I'm so careless. 

"Ouch!" Sehun groaned, "Why did you step on my leg?"

"Atmosphere over here is not good right now. Don't ask any questions relating to the dare." Yeon Joo whispered softly, loud enough for the 3 other boys to hear.

"I'm going to the washroom." You finally spoke. You stood up from your seat and were about to head out when Yeon Joo grabbed your arm.

"I will go with you."

"It's fine! I'm alright." You weakly smiled and pushed Yeon Joo's hand off. You then walked out of the classroom with your head lowered down.

"What happened?" Suho asked with concern.

Yeon Joo sighed and lean back on her chair.

 

You the tap and let the cold water run. You looked at your reflection in the mirror. Your skin was still pale white. You took a deep breath and started to splash the cold water on your face to wake yourself up. 

After calming down, you turned off the tap and walked out of the washroom.

Your thoughts were still running.

To prevent yourself from getting hurt any further, you thought the best solution is to stop being around Kyungsoo or even to stop liking Kyungsoo. Being forced to not like someone really hurts. To add on, that someone is a person you like. It hurts so badly. You want to come to a conclusion when your head started to ache. 

After you came out of the washroom and turned left, you spotted a group of female students just in front of you.

One of them, most probably the leader, started to walk towards you slowly.

Not this thing again.

She was walking so near towards you making you walk backwards.

I need to escape.

Before you could think of something, another female student pushed your shoulder, making your body hit the wall.

Why didn't I realise earlier? These are a group of popular students.

"Ouch!" You winced in pain.

You glanced around, hoping that there will be someone here to your rescue but unfortunately, nobody was around to help you. The hallway was empty. It's just you and that group of popular female students. Most likely, everyone went back to their classroom already. 

So suddenly, the leader slapped you really hardly.

It made your cheeks turn red. It was totally swollen. You touched your cheek and looked at the leader.

"You deserved that. It will teach you a lesson." the leader folded her arms and glared at you. 

What? Do I really deserve that?

"Kyungsoo is not yours." she continued

When since did I say that Kyungsoo is mine? 

Like a bolt out of the blue, the leader pushed you. She was so strong that you landed on the ground. Your whole body was on the floor. This woman's strength was no joke. Your elbow hurt a lot. You examined your elbow and found out that it was bleeding. But it was not bleeding profusely.

"Stay away from EXO. Stop hanging around them." 

Many people told me that already. 

The leader stepped on your hand that was on the ground. It made your hand turn sore. It was definitely painful.

A tear managed to escape from your eyes. You could not take it already.

Why is this happening?

You could feel your hand becoming redder and redder. It was no joke. The more you groaned in pain, the more the smile on those students' face spread wider and wider.

"Park Hyo Jin. You are getting popular. You think you will get popular when you are with EXO? Yes. You will be popular. But in a bad way."

Another step on your hand. You felt like your hand was about to drop off but you were just thinking too much.

You can't tolerate this anymore but there is nothing you could do about it. Here you were suffering in pain. You did not want to listen to those students already.

"Stop being around EXO or you will get it from me. Understand?"

You were about to expect another step on your hand. Instead, the leader launched a kick at your stomach.

You rather a step on your hand and not a kick launched to your stomach.

You covered your stomach and winced. The agonising pain. Tear drops started to come out one by one, rolling down your cheeks. 

The group finally headed off, leaving you all alone, lying on the cold hard ground. 

Is this what you get for liking someone? What was this? You wiped a tear off your face and looked at your hand that was super sore.

"Hyo Jin! What happened to you?" A familiar voice approached to you.

You looked up to see Kyungsoo. His eyes were full of care and concern. Wasn't he here as well when you were injured? The first day of school when you fell down. And now when you just got bullied and he does not know what was going on.

He extended his hands out to you. You grabbed his hand and tried to balance yourself to stand up. His hands were warm. Really warm. Warm, nice and pleasant. These were the top three words that you can use to describe.

"I'm fine. I....I just fell." You lied. You definitely don't want to say that you were bullied because you like him.

"How could you be fine? Your elbow is bleeding!" Kyungsoo stated as he observed your injured elbow.

You forgot your elbow was bleeding. Like last time, it was some magic. When Kyungsoo came, the pain seem to lessen.

"Oh...small cut. It's nothing much." You replied with a weak smile.

 

Just then, a worried Yeon Joo came running towards you.

"Hyo Jin! You are injured! You need to go seek medical aid!"

"No need for that! Class is about to start. Shall we go back?" You asked.

 

                                                                    __________________________________________________

 

Being bullied was never a good thing. 

Forced to not like someone?

Forced to not be around someone?

Why am I so easy to control?

Oh yeah. My fear.

These fans don't go to Yeon Joo. Why? Because I'm much easier to bully. That was the reason why Yeon Joo told me to confront them and not fear them.

There wasn't a reason to fear them actually. So why am I so scared? 

Liking someone is not wrong.

Being around someone is not wrong.

Am I right?

 

Thoughts were all running continuously in your mind when Yeon Joo interupted it.

"You were bullied just now?"

You nodded slowly.

"I told you. You should let me follow you. At least you won't get hurt." Yeon Joo sighed,"You alright?"

You nodded slowly again and stared at your textbook.

"Yeon Joo. I don't think I like Kyungsoo anymore." You whispered softly.

It was lesson time. You did not want others to hear what you were saying.

"Park Hyo Jin. Others are controlling you. You don't need to follow their instructions." Yeon Joo sighed again,"What is he to you now then?"

"A friend." You answered straight away.

"Fine. You can continue to be like that." An irritated Yeon Joo remarked. She could not take it anymore. Yeon Joo cared about you a lot. She did not mean what she said actually. In her heart, she still wanted to help you.

You can't stand people bullying you and one thing you could stop it from happening was to take Kyungsoo as a friend. Not a crush.

Okay then.

You were going to act like Kyungsoo is just a friend to you.

But in your heart.

He is not only your friend.

He is still your crush.