Chapter 32

Average Me

After lunch, the whole group of us decided to eat dessert. I was feeling really full at the moment as I just sat on a chair. I didn't know the others could still be this hungry, now even craving for ice cream. It must be the exam stress that caused them to be this hungry. Earlier on, when we reached the ice cream parlour, Baekhyun suggested to get seats near the window and we just agreed to that. I placed my haversack on my lap and hugged it tightly as the others went to get their orders.

"Not eating?" Yeon Joo stood up while asking and I replied by shaking my head. 

While waiting for the 7 of them, I used my phone just to kill time. Luckily, the service here in the ice cream parlour was fast and they all managed to get all their desserts in less than 5 minutes. 

"I can't wait to eat it!" Yeon Joo came back with a cup of ice cream.

"What did you order?" I looked at her cup and questioned curiously.

"Vanilla flavour." she grinned, "You know that's my favourite."

"Yeah. Looks like I guessed correctly." I told her with a radiant smile.

"Gosh! This is extraordinary delicious!" Yeon Joo remarked excitedly as she ate a scoop, "You sure you don't want a scoop?" she asked while showing me a spoon of vanilla ice cream.

"Nah." I replied but the ice cream looks really tasty though.

"You sure?" she repeated again.

"Nope."

"Really?"

Aish. Stupid Yeon Joo, trying to tempt me with her damn ice cream. 

"I said no." I stated while trying to put on a serious face and she chuckled.

"Okay fine." Yeon Joo ate another scoop and laughed.

Okay, so I was seriously getting a little hungry when I saw the whole bunch of them eating their desserts. I was trying to divert my attention to my phone but it always didn't work. The group of them were chatting and laughing while I was just being a little anti-social over here. Maybe I should join in, right?

I was about to place down my phone when I heard them whispering to each other about something. 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! What is so secretive that you even need Jongin to block me from listening to you guys?" I suddenly heard Kyungsoo questioned while sounding a little annoyed.

"It's nothing, hyung!" Jongin grinned cheekily while pushing Kyungsoo away from the group.

i was getting a little curious over the current situation and decided to ask the group of them who were talking at a low volume.

"What...are you all talk-"

"Oh hi there!" Yeon Joo suddenly greeted me for no apparent reason.

"Huh?" I grew confused. What's wrong with this girl?

"Do you still want some vanilla ice cream?" she asked me and I became suspicious.

"I-"

"I know you want it. You can have the entire cup." she slide the cup of ice cream over and with a bewildered expression, my eyes darted from the ice cream to her.

"I will start first." I heard Yeon Joo quickly whisper softly to Baekhyun and he started to laugh as he tapped on his phone screen.

Chanyeol, Suho and Sehun were covering their mouth as they tried to prevent themselves from errupting into laughter. Weird people. What are they doing?

Yeon Joo's phone got my attention turning to her. She had a neutral look on but her lips was about to form into a mischievous smile. I could totally see that. She glanced at her phone and tapped on the screen before placing her phone on her ear.

"Mom?" she started and I stared at her with eyes filled with suspicion.

"Now?" she asked and looked up at me.

Meanwhile, Sehun and Chanyeol was still cupping their mouth and holding their laughter. While Baekhyun was looking at his phone and Yeon Joo at the same time. I seriously don't get what is funny.

"Okay! Bye!" Yeon Joo ended the call and sighed.

"I got to go. My mum said I need to rush back home now." she frowned as she announced.

"So fast?" Chanyeol questioned as he finally lowered his hand down from his mouth.

"Yeah." Yeon Joo stood up as she took her bag.

"Oh and speaking of rushing back. I need to rush back to do my homework!" Sehun suddenly exclaimed while he had a panic look on. 

This is getting really absurd.

"I almost forgot! I need to meet up with a friend soon." Suho stated as he started to tap on his phone.

Why is everybody leaving out of a sudden? I don't know what's going on but all I know that all their actions are just plain weird.

"Damn. How could I forget I have a dance practice later? Hyung, I got to go." Jongin tapped on Kyungsoo's shoulder and informed.

"You don't have dance practice today. You said it's only on weekends." Kyungsoo looked at Jongin and stated.

"Oh wait...err they changed it to today!" Jongin paused and continued after thinking before dashing off.

"Yah! You almost ruinned the plan!" Chanyeol shouted softly to Jongin but his voice was a little audible.

"What plan?" Kyungsoo and I spoke in unison. He turned to look at me and chuckled while I giggled a little. 

"Idiot! Why did you say it out?" Baekhyun hit Chanyeol's head jokingly and I watched them. My mind was telling me that something was going on and I might have to agree with it.

"You guys look suspicious somehow." Kyungsoo remarked as he ate a scoop of ice cream.

I nodded and stared at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were changing their seats to seats near Kyungsoo and I. I had to agree with what he said.

"What are you all talking about? I don't understand." Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo and I with a blur expression.

I'm not sure if he was acting but he looked like he wasn't. Aish! I really don't know!

"Maybe I'm wrong? I don't know." I spoke while trying out Yeon Joo's ice cream. But hey, the ice cream is really delicious and I couldn't deny the fact that it is. Wait, I'm getting myself distracted. I should be finding out on what's exactly going on.

"Kyungsoo-ya, you don't know what's going on?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo who was just sitting directly in front of me. 

Kyungsoo shook his head while eating his ice cream. I, myself, don't even know what's going on as well. It's just really absurd that Yeon Joo and the 3 guys just left so quickly.

"Ahh...Okay then..." Baekhyun smirked out of a sudden and I looked at him with a perplexed expression on.

Very soon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol swept the whole suspicious atmosphere away by talking about other things.

 

"Aren't you stupid?" Baekhyun laughed out loud as I was trying to hold back my laughter.

These two boys are extremely odd. I have no idea why they are talking about their first love, crushes and relationships out of a sudden.

"I'm not." Chanyeol denied and finished his last scoop of ice cream.

"Hyung, you really are. Just accept the fact." Kyungsoo joked and Chanyeol glared at him.

"HAHA! Why are you so stupid? You even forgot where your crush's seat is and you put your letter on the wrong table? HAHA! Hilarious! I need to give you an award." Baekhyun started slamming the table as he erupted in laughter.

"Yeah...I placed it on the seat next to her table actually and the person sitting beside her was a guy. So he thought I was gay." Chanyeol pressed his lips into a thin line after stating.

"That must be so so embarrassing!" Kyungsoo started to chortle, eyes forming into a crescent shape. And gosh, that's really adorable.

"Okay. I don't even know why I'm talking about this. That happened many many years ago." Chanyeol closed his eyes and sighed.

"Then do you still like her?" I casually asked while eating the last scoop of ice cream. I felt like I was kind of helping Yeon Joo at the same time though by finding out more.

"Nah. I like someone else now." Chanyeol grinned.

"Who?" Kyungsoo asked curiously.

"If I say it out, this guy," Chanyeol points at Baekhyun, " will tell the entire world with his big mouth. You see, I'm not stupid."

"Did you just call me a big mouth?" Baekhyun stopped laughing and questioned seriously.

"Yeah. You talk too much." Chanyeol remarked sharply, earning a glare from Baekhyun.

Now I'm wondering who he's crush is. Just curious.

" Oh and Hyo Jin." Baekhyun grew serious, "I just wanna ask. Why is Luhan hyung acting so differently nowadays?"

"Actually you are also acting a little unusual nowadays. What happened between you two?" Chanyeol added and I bit my lip at the sudden question.

Why are they talking about this now? I don't really want to talk about this and especially, hearing that name got me feeling a bit displeased.

"Just something happened, you see." I gave a vague answer and Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged glances at each other.

"I...don't think that's the right thing to talk about now." Kyungsoo coughed and looked at me worriedly.

After hearing what Kyungsoo say, the two quickly changed the topic and I heaved a sigh of relief. I didn't feel like talking about it and to add on, I guess the matter was a little personal, so I didn't want to tell many people about it.

 

                                                   ________________________________________________________

 

"Chanyeol and I haven't thought of a reason yet. Where are you all?" Baekhyun turned to face another direction as he answered a phone call.

They are still acting really weirdly.

"OKAY OKAY!" Baekhyun shouted to his phone, "Stupid Sehun!" 

We already exited the ice cream parlour and now just somewhere in a mall. And here we have Baekhyun yelling at his phone and he didn't know his voice was garnering people's attention.

"Hyung, you really are a nuisance." Kyungsoo told Baekhyun as he walked pass him.

"Just tell Sehun to keep quiet. He's really noisy." Baekhyun cooled down and glanced around his surroundings, probably searching for something.

I was leaning against the wall as I watched them. We weren't really walking. We were just standing and doing nothing.

"Ahh! I know!" Baekhyun stared at an area and tapped on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"What?" Chanyeol simply asked while being pre-occupied with his phone.

"Hyo Jin and Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and I want to get more ice cream. Just wait here. We will be back." Baekhyun stated with a cheeky grin as he dragged Chanyeol away with him.

"Hyung, are you insane?" I heard Chanyeol spoke to Baekhyun.

Well, I think they are really crazy. How much more ice cream do they want?

"I think Baekhyun hyung has a fever. He isn't like this." Kyungsoo shook his head slowly as he spoke.

"I guess we have to wait for them." I told Kyungsoo and he nodded.

"Hyo Jin, sorry for bringing this up again, but what Baekhyun hyung said earlier was right. Luhan hyung has been looking really down these days." Kyungsoo faced me and spoke slowly.

"I know." I replied as I stared at an area further away.

"Are you going to at least...you know, talk to him?" Kyungsoo questioned and I sighed.

"Honestly...I'm a little concerned about him acting kind of gloomy these days. I was thinking if I had went a little too far or something. But then, my heart has been telling me not to forgive him." I answered frankly.

"Actually, do you still...like him?" Kyungsoo asked out of the blue and I immediately tilted my head up.

"Huh?"

"Well, you said you have a crush on someone. So I was thinking if it was-"

"It's not him and I don't have feelings for him anymore." I made eye contact with Kyungsoo and continued.

He's not my crush. It's you, Kyungsoo.

"Oh really? Because you two seem close, so yeah..." he nervously looked away and spoke.

"Kind of close but not really..." I spoke honestly.

"Where are the two by the way?" I asked and glanced at my watch, also trying to avoid the topic about Luhan.

"I don't know." Kyungsoo shrugged as he looked around. 

"They are taking a long time..." I remarked while leaning against the wall again.

"How about while waiting, let's play that?" Kyungsoo pointed to a ufo catcher machine and grinned at me.

"Sure. I'm actually good at that game." I teased with a smile plastered on.

 


 

A/N: HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sorry I'm kind of high xD LOL jkjk Here's a surprise chapter for all of you! Yay! This time, I wrote a longer chapter haha. I felt like updating today so why not? Hehe. Of course, there will be an update on Tuesday yay~ So what do you think will happen next? Get ready for the next chapter! ;)

If you have not done so, pleaseee go to the forward page of the story and click the 'subscribe' button and you will get notifications when there is a story update ^^ Comment or maybe upvote if you want to hehe! I love reading your comments. All of you always make my day:) And when I see a notification that someone subscribed or upvoted, I will always be over the moon. You guys make me smile a lot! I love you all so so much! Thank you for supporting me always <3 When I saw I had 94 subscribers, I cried literally. I really cried with tears of joy. I never expected 90+ subscribers. I thought I will have like maximum 50 subscribers for this story... I really love you all! Thank you for being with me the whole time! Love you! See you in chapter 33 :)