Chapter 2

Average Me

" Okay. You better don't embarrass me later on by not knowing them at all. Act like you know them very well."

"How does me not knowing them embarrass you? I don't understand. It is my business not yours-"

"Shut up. Just listen. Kim Junmyeon or just call him Suho, Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo and Oh Sehun. Okay? Now, let's go!" Yeon Joo introduced each member to you while both of you quickened your pace to catch up with the four boys.

 

After ordering your food, the six of you sat together at a table nearby. Yeon Joo sat beside you while the four boys just sat opposite of you. Kyungsoo sat in front of you while Baekhyun sat in front of Yeon Joo and beside them is Suho and Sehun. You all just sat down on seats that are empty. None of you chose your seat beforehand, it was just a random sitting arrangment during recess time.

 

"You are Hyo Jin and you are Yeon Joo, right?" Suho started.

"How do you know?" You asked, just because you were being curious.

"We  already known the both of you last year." Sehun continued.

That's weird. I don't even know them at all. I was pretty sure I saw them last year as well but me and Yeon Joo have never talk to them before. How do they know us?

"Where is Chanyeol and Kai?" Yeon Joo asked.

"Who is Chan- Ouch!"

Before you could finish speaking, Yeon Joo kicked you from under the table and whispered loud enough for you to hear, "I told you to act like you know them well!"

"Okay..." You replied softly .

"Err...yeah. Where is Chanyeol and Kai?" You asked as well, acting like you know them well.

"Chanyeol? He changed to another class..." Baekhyun answered as he looked down and drank his juice slowly. Well, he seem upset. Most probably, this Chanyeol guy is his best friend.

"Kai changed to the same class as Chanyeol." Kyungsoo finally spoke.

"Oh." You and Yeon Joo replied at the exact same time. You have no idea who these two people are but you were just following Yeon Joo's instructions.

"We are going to have a basketball match with another class later on. Do you both want to come and watch?" Suho asked the both of you.

"All of you are playing?" Yeon Joo asked after she swallowed one of her sweets that she was currently eating.

"No. I have something on after school. But the three of them will be playing with other classmates too." Kyungsoo replied with a smile.

"Oh. Err. I guess I will go then! I want to support you all! Hyo Jin, are you joining?"

You thought for a while. Going to see these popular guys play basketball? You looked around and saw a few other girls staring at the six of you. They are most probably EXO's fans.

"Err...I guess I won't be joining you guys. Sorry about that..." You quickly replied.

"Why?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Erm. It's the end of recess time already. Shall we go back to class?" You ignored Baekhyun's question and continued.

"What? End of recess? It felt like we just came here for 5 minutes." Sehun pouted as he glanced at his watch.

"Most probably we took really long to order our food." Yeon Joo guessed.

 

After you were dismissed from school, you left the classroom without Yeon Joo because obviously she was going to see the match later on.

While you were climbing the stairs, you recalled about what happened earlier. You were being invited to watch a basketball match. A simple basketball match. You did wanted to go, plus you were free after school but your mind was restricting you from doing so. Something was holding you back. It was because of a secret that you have. A secret which only Yeon Joo knew. You actually did not tell her this secret that you have, she found it out herself and just discovered that you have this secret. You did not want to remind yourself of it. It makes you think that you are so weak.

 

                                                                           __________________________________________

 

"Good luck for the match later on!" Kyungsoo wished his 3 other best friends good luck while he carried his bag.

"Of course we will do well!" Baekhyun replied as he flashed a confident smile.

 

After speaking to his best friends for a while, Kyungsoo finally left the classroom and climbed the stairs.

 

You were still deep in your thoughts and was not focusing on your surroundings. Suddenly, your thoughts were interrupted when you accidentally missed a step. Your knees hit the ground really hard first before your entire body landed on the floor.

"Ouch!" You winced in pain. Gosh. It was so embarrassing at the moment when you fell. You opened your eyes and glanced around. There was nobody around. Most probably everybody already rushed back home or just went to see that basketball match.

"Alright, Hyo Jin. You are so lucky that nobody is going to laugh at you for being so careless." You told yourself and heaved a sigh of relieve. You have to admit that the way you fell was extremely awkward.

"Are you okay?" It was a really familiar voice. You heard it before. You turned your head to see Kyungsoo. He stretched out his hand for you to grab.

You grabbed his hand and tried to stand up. There was still a bit of pain in your knees but when Kyungsoo came it suddenly became less painful. 

"You don't seem like you are alright."

"Yeah. I'm not alright. It is not because my knee is painful. It is because I'm feeling embarrassed." Of course you did not said that out loud. You were just saying that in your mind. "Seriously? Was this guy here when I fell down? Or what if everybody was hiding when I fell down? How embarrassing!"

"Hello? Can you answer me? I was just about to climb the stairs when I saw you lying on the ground. I was thinking if you most probably fell down."

Oh. So he was not here before I fell down. He came after i fell down. Woah. You were relieved again.

"Yeah. I'm alright. I just accidentally fell down and it's not painful at all." You assured him.

"You sure?"

You nodded with a smile.

 

You were supposed to go home by yourself and now you end up walking back  home with this Kyungsoo guy. You did not expect that at all. Going home with this guy? It's  been a really long time since you actually walk back home with a boy. You have always been walking back home with Yeon Joo.

"You take the bus back?" Kyungsoo asked when both of you arrived at the bus stop.

"Yes. How about you?"

"Me too. I take the bus back too but I'm sure we are taking different buses."

You nodded. He seemed really friendly and he has this really gentle voice. He is attractive when he smiles especially. He looks stunning when he has that radiant smile formed by his heart-shaped lips. What's more he has a contagious smile. You can't help but smile back as well.

"My bus is about to arrive soon."

"Really? That's fast."

"Give me your phone." Kyungsoo instructed as he stretched out his hand.

You took out your phone from your bagpack and gave it to him. Kyungsoo received your phone from you and typed in his number on the phone keypad.

"Since we are all friends now, I will just give you my number. Talk to me anytime." Kyungsoo said as he returned your phone with his bright smile again.

Gosh. You had to smile back because you can't help but to.

"The bus is here. I will see you tomorrow. Bye!"

"Bye!" You replied with a wave.

When the bus drove off, you looked at your phone keypad and saved Kyungsoo's number.

 

                                                                  __________________________________________

 

You were doing your homework halfway when you got a text message from Yeon Joo.

 

Yeon Joo: HYO JIN! I'M LITERALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW! I GOT SUHO, BAEKHYUN AND SEHUN'S PHONE NUMBER! OMFG!

You: Woah. Calm down. Off your caps lock.

Yeon Joo: Hahahahaha. I'm over the moon! Now I just need Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Kai's number...

You: Who is Chanyeol and Kai btw? You did not tell me earlier.

Yeon Joo: They are part of the clique EXO. But they are in different classes after the stupid changing class thing. We won't be able to talk to them often though... :( But we are in the same class as some of the EXO's member so YAY! :D

You: Oh. I have Kyungsoo's number. Do you want it?

Yeon Joo: OMG! How did you get his number?

You: We went to the bus stop together. He then asked me for my phone and typed in his number.

Yeon Joo: REALLY? YOU WENT TO THE BUS STOP TOGETHER WITH DO KYUNGSOO? Send me his number! I will send you Suho, Baekhyun and Sehun's number.

 

After chatting with Yeon Joo for a while, you went back to doing your homework. You thought for a while.

"I'm now friends with a group of popular boys in school. Am I still going to be the average me?"