Chapter 31

Average Me

"Yeah sure! What is it?" Suho questioned with a smile formed naturally.

I still wasn't sure if I should ask this. 

"Well...you see...erm...I mean....you know..." I stammered so much while tapping my fingers on the table. 

Aish. What the hell is wrong with me? I slightly looked down and knocked my head lightly. Joonmyun was just staring back while he waited and listened patiently. 

"Err...what do you want to ask?" he repeated his question and I looked up again.

Why did I felt so nervous just now? I quickly took a few deep breaths again before speaking. Just when I was about to talk, Joonmyun interrupted me.

"Is it about..." Joonmyun paused to point at someone, "him?"

I looked at who Joonmyun was pointing at a figure, who was now leaning against the classroom's door, speaking to Jongin.

My eyes stared at the ground as I replied, "Yeah. I just wanted to ask about what you all were talking about." 

I was being so straightforward with my question now and was glad that I wasn't stammering.

"Oh. But why do you seem to look like you know something?" Joonmyun questioned.

I do know a little. I'm just curious on what exactly was going on but now I was questioning myself if I was being too nosy.

I decided to be a little honest, "Yeah...Kind of..."

"Ah...Really? Did Kyungsoo tell you?" Joonmyun asked simply.

I shook my head immediately. "Well, erm..." 
 
Should I say that I saw what happened on the other day? I shouldn't right? 
 
"I knew a little because...I overheard what you all were talking about a minute ago."
 
Damn. I lied again and I hope this is not becoming a habit. I hate it when I lie.
 
Joonmyun surprisingly did not notice any obvious signs of me lying. Did I get better at this? Gosh. What am I saying? Argh...I hate telling false statements. 
 
" I was jus you know...curious on what you all were exactly talking about. I didn't mean to eavesdrop." I stated and bit my lips.
 
"Oh." Joonmyun glanced at Kyungsoo then to me.
 
"Well, do you know Kim Soo Mi?" Joonmyun asked and the name he stated rang a bell.
 
"I guess you could say so? One of the school's famous queenka?" I answered while recalling what Yeon Joo said yesterday.
 
Before Joonmyun could answer, Sehun came walking over.
 
"Hello. What are you all talking about?" Sehun asked with a grin, not knowing anything.
 
"Aren't you with erm... Luhan hyung?" Joonmyun glanced at me and spoke softly to Sehun but I could hear him pretty clearly.
 
I didn't really wanna hear that guy's name though. I quickly looked away for a moment and sighed.
 
"Huh? Oh. He went out of the classroom." Sehun replied as he sat on Joonmyun's table.
 
Joonmyun nodded slowly and faced me again. " Well, I was just talking about-"
 
"Soo Mi?" Sehun cut straightaway and Joonmyun and I looked at him.
 
"I kind of heard a bit of your conversation earlier." Sehun explained and Joonmyun nodded.
 
"Oh okay." Joonmyun replied Sehun and faced me again, "So I was saying, yeah. You're right." Joonmyun told me.
 
So what exactly was the relationship between Kyungsoo and Soo Mi? I have actually made a guess yesterday and I was a hundred percent sure I was right. 
 
"She's Kyungsoo's ex-girlfriend." Joonmyun spoke.
 
Damn, I was right. After hearing the truth, I didn't really know how I should react. 
 
"Yeah. And she's a ." Sehun remarked and Joonmyun quickly covered his mouth.
 
"Yah! Don't say that too loud!" Joonmyun whisper-shouted.
 
I was wondering why he called her that.
 
"That's a fact. She's a . Toying with hyung's heart." Sehun removed Joonmyun's hands off his lips and continued.
 
"Toying with Kyungsoo's heart?" I repeated his statement and Joonmyun sighed and nodded.
 
"Seriously. I don't know what the hell was wrong with that Soo Mi. Like she think it was fun or something. This girl really needs a brain check-up or whatever." Sehun folded his arms and commented while Joonmyun stared at him with his lips parted.
 
"Wow. This kid talks too much." Joonmyun facepalmed himself. 
 
"And now after all she had done, she finally regretted it and came back to Kyungsoo hyung, begging for forgiveness. Of course, she wasn't forgiven and I'm like TOO BAD ." Sehun continued to talk as his voice gradually grows louder.
 
"Yah! You really spoke too much and people might hear you." Joonmyun shouted softly at Sehun as he attempted to push Sehun off his table.
 
"That was what erm...Soo Mi really did? So she wasn't really serious about the relationship earlier?" I questioned and Joonmyun nodded.
 
"Kyungsoo said that Soo Mi told him that she was just playing with hsi heart and stated that it was just for fun." Joonmyun spoke and I slowly understood what was going on.
 
"In conclusion, Kim Soo Mi is just a that doesn't think of other's feelings at all and-" 
 
"Okay you better stop ranting." Joonmyun knocked Sehun's head lightly.
 
Finally, I managed to comprehend everything that was going on. Still, I didn't know how I felt about this. I really didn't know Kyungsoo has a ex-girlfriend. It kind of surprised me though. At first, I sort of was afraid to know the truth, but now I knew it and didn't know what I should really do.
 
 
                                                             _________________________________________________________________
 
 
After school, I needed to wait for Yeon Joo again and she said it was just for 5 minutes. As I was waiting, I suddenly felt a need to get a thirst quencher. Hence, I immediately stood up from my seat and headed to the nearby vending machine.
 
After selecting the drink option, my bottled drink came dropping down within just a few seconds. Picking up the bottle, I stood up and opened the cap.
 
As I was strolling pass while trying to open my bottle of water, I wasn't really focused on my surroundings. I suddenly felt my legs accidentally hitting on one of someone's leg and sort of lost my balance. But before I could completely fall, someone's hand caught me and steadied me.
 
Phew. I almost tripped and fell. I was saved from letting another embarrassing moment occur. I sighed in relief and tilted my head up to look at who rescued me. It's Kyungsoo.
 
"Don't you have eyes?" I heard a female voice filled with hints of sarcasm coming from behind.
 
I turned around to see a female student sitting on the bench while twirling her brown hair with one of her slender finger. She looked up at me and smirked. She was recognisable. She was someone familiar. It was none other than Kim Soo Mi.
 
"Sorry. It was-" I apologised but was interrupted by Kyungsoo.
 
"Why do you need to apologise?" Kyungsoo questioned me and I turned to face him.
 
"That was on purpose, right?" Kyungsoo asked firmly to Soo Mi.
 
"Oppa. It wasn't. It's really an accident-" Soo Mi switched to an innocent look.
 
"Do you need to do that?" Kyungsoo cut her again with his tone sending clues that he was slightly frustrated.
 
"Oppa, I-"
 
"Let's go." Kyungsoo told me and pulled my hand.
 
"YAH! DO KYUNGSOO!" Soo Mi shouted really loudly but Kyungsoo didn't bother to turn back.
 
"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo finally stopped walking and turned to face me.
 
"Huh? Yeah! I'm alright." I replied back with a small smile.
 
"Sorry for what happened. Just ignore her." Kyungsoo sighed and I stared at him.
 
"It's not your fault. Why are you apologising?" I questioned and looked to the ground.
 
That's when I realised that Kyungsoo was still holding on to my hand and what's more he didn't know that. My heart just started racing upon discovering the action.
 
"Just, I'm sorry." I could sense that he was staring at me but my eyes were still fixed at his hand holding mine.
 
Kyungsoo looked at where I was staring at and suddenly realised. He quickly released his hand and I looked back up.
 
"Oh and sorry again. I didn't know." he smiled sheepishly and I found his smile cute.
 
"It's...it's alright." I replied and grinned a little.
 
"Oh hello there! Long time no see!" a happy Jongin popped out of nowhere and kind of surprised me. He came along with Exo behind, just that Luhan wasn't with them.
 
"I just met you this morning. What long time no see?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Jongin. 
 
"Idiot...what are you doing? Ruining their moment." Baekhyun dragged Jongin away and whispered but I could hear what he was saying. What do they want they to do exactly?
 
"Found you!" Yeon Joo placed her hand on my right shoulder and grinned like a little kid.
 

"Since we are all here, why don't we go all go eat lunch?" Chanyeol suggested.

 

"Oh yes!" Yeon Joo agreed excitedly.

 

The idea was pretty impromptu though. I wasn't really sure if-

 

"Join us, Hyo Jin!" Yeon Joo tapped my shoulder repeatedly.

 

"Huh?" I looked blur for a couple of seconds.

 

I need to study though but I needed to eat as well...

 

"Let's go, Hyo Jin. Don't worry too much about your studies." Kyungsoo put his arm over my shoulders and talked easily. It was scary how they could kind of read my mind. In addition, Kyungsoo should stop doing these small actions so unknowingly. My heart will just keep beating at rapid speed. It's insane.

 


 

A/N: HELLO MY LOVELY READERS :D Here is a surprise chapter! YAY! So I have decided to end this story in chapter 40 so there are like 9 chapters left :( I have already planned the ending of the story and yeah. To add on, I have already started a chapter on my upcoming new fanfic yay, but it's still under draft mode. So we arrived at like chapter 31! Wow! WIthout all of you subbies and all your support, I would not have arrived at this chapter. And 87 subscribers! Omg! I didn't expect that at all! Thank you for loving this weird fanfic of mine xD LOL (I still cringe at my own writing though lol) Love you all! Subscribe, comment or maybe upvote? Love you!