Chapter 8

Average Me

Yeon Joo caught a flu yesterday and she is not going to attend school today. 

Without Yeon Joo, you are going to feel so lonely today. To add on, you might get bullied again. 

You did not want the fans come looking for you so you decided to try and avoid EXO today.

After changing to your school uniform, you headed out of your room.

"Hyo Jin! It's going to rain! Bring your umbrella." Your mum told you.

Raining early in the morning? What a pleasant way to start your day.

You pulled out your chair and sat on it. You decided to have cereal for breakfast. Actually, you always have the same meal.

Your bowl filled with chocolate cereal and white milk. 

You used your spoon to scoop out the round shape food with a little bit of milk and popped it in your mouth. 

You then took your phone from your pocket and tasted the chocolate flavour. 

Unlocking your phone, you tapped on the bus tracker app thing to check what time the bus is coming.

Your bus is reaching in 15 minutes time.

15 minutes time? The walk from your house to the nearest bus stop was 15 minutes. You might miss it in a few seconds time.

You quickly munched on your cereal and gulped down the milk. You wiped your mouth, carried your backpack and headed out the door.

 

10 minutes more and you will be reaching the bus stop. You sighed. You hated walking a lot even though it is a good form of exercise. You wished you had a power, maybe teleporting? 

Haha. Just kidding. Exercising is good.

 
It was still such a long way to the bus stop when out of a sudden, a water droplet hit your head. More water droplets started to drop down from the sky and oh. You concluded that it was raining. 
 
At first, you thought of getting yourself wet in the rain and catch a flu. Such a brilliant idea! You could avoid those fans. 
 
But nah. You need to admit that getting sick is not something good. It's a stupid idea actually. You don't like the taste of bitter medicines and needing to sneeze all day long.
 
You were sure Yeon Joo was already having a hard time, since she caught the flu. Hope she gets well soon. You frowned, not able to go to school with a smiling Yeon Joo today. She is your happy pill. What could you do without her?
 
 
Finally, you managed to find a shelter nearby and ran in. You took off one of your bag straps off your shoulder and swung your entire bag to your front. You zipped open your front pocket of your bagpack and slid your hands into it. 
 
"Argh! I forgot to bring my umbrella!" You facepalm yourself. 
 
Your mum did remind you to bring it but you were in a hurry and then you did not remember to bring your umbrella. 
 
The rain was getting heavier. The wind was really strong as well but not too strong to the extent that it could blow you away, of course. Some raindrops managed to hit on your skin while you were thinking what you should do.
 
No choice. You zipped open the bigger compartment of your bag and fished out the biggest book you could find. 
 
Hopefully, this book could protect you from being wet. There was still a big possibility that your entire body could be drenched with rainwater since your book is only able to shield your head.
 
"Alright. Here we go!" You sighed and used your book to cover your head.
 
 
In ten seconds time, your uniform was half wet. You ran so fast and a few seconds later you became really tired. You did not have a good stamina.
 
What a bad day! Since you were so exhausted after running, you slowed down and ended up walking faster than your actual normal speed. You needed to walk fast and needed to catch your bus. 
 
It was so cold. It's literally freezing. The wind was hitting your skin, making you feel even colder. Your uniform was getting wetter and wetter as every second passed.
 
Sigh. You are going to get humiliated later on because you were wearing a wet uniform.
 
You tried to speed up a bit and cheered to yourself, "Come on! Just a few more minutes and you will reach the bus stop." Your hair was flying as you moved.
 
"Excuse me?" 
 
Oh yeah. Is someone here to give you an umbrella? Wow. You were so lucky.
 
You turned around with a smile plastered on your face. Damn. What the hell? What is he doing here? 
 
"Hyo Jin? You forgot to bring your umbrella?" 
 
What is Kyungsoo doing over here? Is he stalking me? He does not stay around here, I know that. 
 
"Do you want to share umbrella? You are drenched with water." Kyungsoo asked as he held his umbrella in one hand.
 
Share....share umbrella??? 
 
Your heart skipped a beat. 
 
Sharing umbrella with my crush? Sounds good.
 
No. Hyo Jin. No. Avoid. Avoid him. 
 
"I....I'm not Hyo Jin..." You turned back and faced another direction.
 
"What are you talking about?" 
 
You turned to your left and almost jumped. You realised Kyungsoo was just beside you and both of you were sharing an umbrella.
 
Oh my. What do I do? 
 
You bit your lower lip.
 
"Let's go!" He said and looked at you with a smile.
 
That smile. Oh no. 
 
You could not help but smile back again. 
 
 
When both of you were walking halfway, it suddenly got even freezing. The wind was blowing towards you and you were shivering. It started to blow the raindrops to your direction, making it hit you.
 
"Cold?" Kyungsoo noticed you shivering and asked.
 
You nodded your head and folded your arms.
 
"Come here." Out of a sudden, Kyungsoo pulled you closer to him.Your eyes widened at the sudden action. You really did not expect that he will do that. Your heartbeat began to speed up.
 
He held onto your arm throughout the whole journey to the bus stop and you were slightly leaning on him the entire time. His hand again, was warm. You really liked this, no you loved this. You wished this moment would last forever. 
 
No. Hyo Jin. No. He is your friend. He is only acting as your friend. You can't like him. 
 
Finally you reached the bus stop. The bus tracker is wrong. The bus have not arrived yet. There might be an error. 
 
"Why are you here by the way?" You asked Kyungsoo who was closing his umbrella.
 
"I needed to run an errand nearby." He answered with a bright smile.
 
Not this smile again.
 
                 ______________________
 
After a few lessons, recess time finally came.
Since Yeon Joo is absent, you needed to go recess by yourself, which a lot.
 
No. You can't be with EXO. No. You cannot.
 
You quickly stood up from your seat and wanted to leave the classroom when someone grabbed your arm.
 
Please. Don't bully me, fans...
 
"Yeon Joo is not here so she told us to accompany you. So let's go to recess together?" 
 
Firstly, phew. That's not a fan. It's Baekhyun. Secondly, what? Accompany me?  This is not a good idea.
 
You did a quick glance at Kyungsoo who was beaming at you and looked back at Baekhyun. 
 
"Err. No. It's okay. I won't join you all." You shook your head and grinned a little.
 
"Come on! Don't be like that." Sehun pouted.
 
"Whatever it is, you are coming with us!" Suho said as he pulled you out of class. 
 
 
All of you (except Yeon Joo) reached the canteen, finally.
 
You just chose a seat randomly and sat down while the 4 noisy kids followed you behind.
 
"Yah, Kyungsoo! Sit here!" Baekhyun instructed as he pushed his good friend to sit beside you.
 
The 3 others quickly moved in front and sat down. The 3 of them were hi-five each other and were laughing away.
 
"What's wrong with you all?" You rolled your eyes. Seriously, what's up with them? Are they crazy?
 
You looked at Kyungsoo. He was just staring at his 3 friends and shaking his head slowly. Seems like he agreed that those 3 went mad.
 
"The two of you are like a-" Sehun got interrupted when Suho covered his mouth. 
 
You raised your eyebrow, not understanding what's happening.
 
"Do you want to order some food?" Suho asked, still covering Sehun's mouth while Sehun attempted to remove his hands.
 
"I'm not hungry." You and Kyungsoo both replied in unison.
 
You glanced at Kyungsoo and blushed a little. 
 
Why are we always saying the same thing?
 
You shook your head.
 
 Remember Park Hyo Jin, he is your friend! 
 
Don't think too much.
 
"You see! You see!" Sehun shouted after he managed to remove Suho's hand. He was pointing at both you and Kyungsoo.
 
"Okay. We are going to order food!" Baekhyun moved off and pulled his two friends along, leaving you and Kyungsoo alone.
 
Seriously? What are these 3 trying to do?