Chapter 15

Average Me

"Need a break?" He asked and I nodded with a smile.

"15 minutes." I said as I glanced at the wall clock

"Not longer than that?" Kyungsoo frowned and looked at me.

"You can have a 1 hour long break while I have a 15 minutes break." I stated and he just continued to stare at me. I sounded so serious when I spoke but I was sure I wasn't trying to be serious. I really would love to have a 1 hour long break but I thought that I should just continue to focus on revising. 

"15 minutes then." He agreed and nodded.

"Don't you want a much longer break?" I questioned as I played with my blue ballpoint pen that was on top of my textbook.

Kyungsoo shook his head and replied,"If you are gonna have a 15 minutes break, I will have a 15 minutes break as well."

I nodded with a grin and stood up, "How about getting a snack?"

"I'm not hungry or thirsty." Kyungsoo replied and I sat down on my chair again.

"I'm not too..." I continued and looked at him.

"Shall we just stay here and maybe chat?" Kyungsoo suggested with a beam and I nodded in agreement.

 

                                         __________________________________________________________________

 

We were engaged in a conversation really quickly. I was actually too engrossed in it that I did not realise 10 minutes has passed so quickly.

"You know how to play the piano?" Kyungsoo asked with curiousity.

"Yup but I stopped learning already. It's the only instrument I can play well. Oh, and I can't sing well." I admitted and rested my hands on the table.

"Can you sing a song for me? I want to hear your singing voice." Kyungsoo questioned, grinning  from ear to ear.

I looked at him, immediately shaking my head. I really cannot sing well and it is a fact. I will never ever sing or hum a song in front of someone.

"NO! I have a terrible singing voice. I won't!" I disagreed and quickly thought of something to say.

I recalled recently, when I was walking out of my classroom, I overheard a conversation between two fans of Exo. Well, I assumed they were fans since they were fangirling like how Yeon Joo fangirls. They were fangirling over a ton of things about Exo. I could clearly recall them stating that both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo has a really beautiful singing voice. I once listened to Baekhyun singing a song before. He was singing as Chanyeol was playing his guitar at the canteen, a few days ago. The fangirls were right. Baekhyun could sing really well. I was really amazed when I heard him hit high notes perfectly. I have never heard Kyungsoo sing before though. I was about to request him to sing when he asked me a question.

"Are you going to ask me to sing then?" He smirked and asked, as if he could read my mind. 

"Are you going to sing softly or loudly?" I questioned.

"It will be better if I sing in between softly and loudly." Kyungsoo answered straight away with a chuckle.

I observed my surroundings and realised there were students around us studying diligently. 

"No...not now. Please. We are in the library. Don't disturb others." I whispered loud enough for him to hear and glanced around my surroundings.

"I'm going to..."

"Kyungsoo! "

"-start in 3"

"Kyungsoo!"

"2"

"Kyungsoo!"

"1"

"Kyungsoo.We are in the library. You and I don't want to get scolded by the librarian because of you singing and distracting others." I tried my best to persuade him to stop.

"I will stop only if you add 'oppa' behind 'Kyungsoo' when you speak." 

W-what? He wants me to call him oppa? My crush asking me to call him oppa??? Am I dreaming? Am I still in bed sleeping? I felt a little absurd about this though. Frankly, I don't think I will be used to this in the future. But why does he want me to call him this way?

"W-why?" I stammered for no particular reason and avoided eye contact. 

"It sounds nicer." He replied with his contagious smile formed.

Err...Is that even a proper reason? I viewed the school garden through the window for ten seconds, not knowing what to do next. 

"Okay then." I agreed, still staring at the green plants outside.

"Try it once!" Kyungsoo instructed with his arms folded.

I'm really not used to saying this though. Honestly, I am just too shy right now.

"Kyungsoo."

"Come on..."

"Kyungsoo."

"Try it! Pleaseeeeee..." he whined and it was totally driving me insane.

I sighed and laid my right cheek on the surface of the brown table. 

"Kyungsoo o-oppa." I shut my eyes and spoke. Kyungsoo started laughing and I sat up straight. 

"What's so funny?" I questioned and looked at him with a weird expression.

Kyungsoo stared at me for a moment and I avoided his gaze by looking at the school garden again. I could feel my heartbeat accelerating as he stared at me. I really wanted him to stop. When I heard Kyungsoo laughing again and knowing that he ended staring at me, I turned back to him.

"Now wha-" I was kind of stopped from continuing when Kyungsoo suddenly leaned nearer to me. 

As he inched closer, my heartbeat continued to accelerate. Just that this time, it's much faster. My mind turned a little blank. I really did not know what to do. Should I move back or just stay at this position? In the end, I just stayed at where I was. Now it's my turn to stare at him. My heart was pounding against my chest the entire time and I held my breath as he approached closer. He stopped moving and there was a distance of 15 cm between me and the male. I looked straight into his eyes and he did the same, giving me a radiant smile. His stare was igniting butterflies in my stomach. Up-close, I got a clearer view of the features on his face. Kyungsoo is really beyond handsome. My heartbeat raced even quicker when his soft fingers brushed my right cheek. I was wondering what he was doing and I finally managed to speak.

"W...what ar..are...you do..doing?" I was stammering nervously. He finally moved back to his seat and I felt that I could breath again.

"There's an eraser dust on your face and I was just helping you to remove it. I guess it's attracted to you." Kyungsoo joked with a teasing smile.

Out of a sudden, I felt my cheeks heating up. Seconds later, I realised I was blushing. I did not want Kyungsoo to know that hence, I took the textbook nearest to me and used it to cover my entire face. You could have just told me..I...I could have done it by myself. Damn. I later found myself violently blushing. Where is the composed Hyo Jin? Calm down... 

"I...I think it's time to continue studying. More than 15 minutes have already passed." I stated, already knowing that 15 minutes have passed without even looking at my watch.

"You can't study like that." I heard Kyungsoo giggle.

"Huh?" I asked, still holding to the book that was covering my face.

"You held your textbook up-side-down."

I looked at my textbook and discovered he was right. Gosh. I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed. I quickly turned my textbook the other way round and stared at the page.

"You are too adorable, Hyo Jin." Kyungsoo laughed.

Oh Kyungsoo, stop it already. I bit my lower lip and tried to cool down. 

 

                                                 _______________________________________________________

 

I could not look directly at Kyungsoo because of the incident earlier on. I was really sure after that incident, I could not concentrate on revising a thing at all. I actually forgot whatever I even learnt. Wow. Thank you, Kyungsoo. It all started with an eraser dust on my face. I know this is funny, but I actually kind of like what happened just now. Am I just absurd or what? I did not mind about forgetting whatever I learnt or not able to focus on studying later on though. I just wished that moment earlier on could last forever or something like that. Wait...what's wrong with me? 

"Thank you for accompaying me today." I thanked and gave a small smile, still not looking at Kyungsoo.

"Your welcome. I enjoyed studying with you." Kyungsoo replied with a broad smile formed on his lips. 

We were walking together towards the school gate when I heard someone calling my name from behind.

I turned around to see Luhan running towards me.

"Hyo Jin! I finally found you...with Kyungsoo." he stated as he looked at Kyungsoo then to me.

"Why did you call me?" I questioned and Luhan gave his signature smile.

"Ahh...Join me for dinner!" Luhan answered straight away.

"What?"

"Come along! I invited Yeon Joo and the other members!" an energetic Luhan continued

"Kyungsoo, you tag along too." Luhan told Kyungsoo with a small grin before turning back to me.

I just stood there and looked at Luhan for no reason. Luhan looked at me and chuckled.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Luhan held my hand and excitedly pulled me along with him.

"Slow down, Luhan! You are walking too fast and Kyungsoo is still behind us!"

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I had a slight fever yesterday and I needed to rest:( I present to you chapter 15! Do subscribe, comment or maybe upvote if you like my story! Thank you all for your support! I love all of you<3 I'm making this author's note short hehe. Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter! :D