Chapter 30

Average Me

I was totally feeling clueless. Like totally. I couldn't really comprehend what happened earlier.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Yeon Joo waved her hand repeatedly in front of my face and I snapped back to reality.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked while looking blur.

Yeon Joo laughed for a second and turned to me with a serious face, "Obviously."

I looked to the front again, still replaying the incident earlier. I was just thinking how is that female student related to Exo. 

"We aren't helping you."

Has she been asking for a favour? Maybe she's a friend of them?

"Didn't Sehun warned you the last time to stop looking for any of us?"

Has she been annoying them somehow? Is she a fan? Like maybe a sasaeng fan?

"It's over between us."

This was the most confusing statement to me but it is probably one of the biggest clues. It was mentioned by Kyungsoo so does that mean...wait a minute...

"Yah. Is something bothering you?" Yeon Joo asked while staring.

I stopped just in front of my house and looked at Yeon Joo for a while. After inferring so much, I think I might be right. Yeon Joo is a fangirl of Exo, right? She might know something.

"Do you mind coming to my house for a moment? I have a bunch of questions to ask you." I spoke seriously and she just stared at me blankly.

"Erm...okay? But, can you don't look at me like this. It's...scary." she commented and I rolled my eyes.

"They aren't math questions right?" Yeon Joo pretended to look afraid, "If they are, I will just go home now."

"Questions that are not related to studies. It's about Exo." I stated and her eyes grew big.

"Exo?"

 

"So...what is it about?" Yeon Joo tilted her head slightly and questioned.

"You see just now I was like deducing something and I think I might have came to a conclusion." I spoke while looking afar.

Yeon Joo nodded, "You sound like a detective." she remarked and I looked at her for a second before continuing.

"What is it about?" Yeon Joo asked curiously.

"Wait. I want to ask you, when did you start liking Exo?" I asked while sitting up straight.

"Erm...last year?" Yeon Joo looked at the ceiling while she attempted to recall as much as she could.

Perhaps, Yeon Joo knows quite a lot about Exo then.

"Do you..." I hesistated for a moment. Should I really ask this? I really wanna know the truth, but kind of afraid to know it at the same time. I cleared my throat and without thinking, I continued to speak, "know who in Exo has been in a relationship before?"

Yeon Joo blinked a number of times after listening to my question and I patiently waited for her answer.

"Why do you want to know this?" she asked me with left a little opened after questioning.

"Err..." What excuse could I give? "Well, I am just curious! You know?" Maybe just a simple reason will do. I smiled at her and played with my hair. 

Yeon Joo gazed for a moment and smirked, "Ah-ha! I saw you lying! Something must have happened, that's why you are asking this." she folded her arms and grinned, "You said you were deducing something earlier. It must be related to this right?"

Damn. How is this girl able to know that I am bluffing? Aish... 

"Aish! Just answer my question, will you?" I asked her in annoyance.

Yeon Joo giggled at my reaction and answered me, "Actually, I'm not really sure because they obviously don't announce it to the whole school. "

"But..there was one which happened last year."

I immediately paid attention when I heard what Yeon Joo said.

"One of them from Exo but I don't know who is it. Only a few fans who you know, stalk knows. But from what I know, that member of Exo dated one of the schools' queenka." Yeon Joo tapped her chin repeatedly as she thought.

Schools' queenka?

"Who?" i asked simply and Yeon Joo turned to face me.

"Do you know Kim Soo Mi?" she asked me and I shook my head.

Well, I wasn't so into knowing the schools' kingkas or queenkas, so it wasn't unusual that I don't really know anything about them.

"She dated one of the Exo members and I heard from a few fans that they already broke up."

After hearing, I was thinking if the girl I saw earlier was that Kim Soo Mi as mentioned by Yeon Joo. 

"Do you know why?" I questioned curiously again.

Yeon Joo shrugged and replied, "I don't know."

She glanced at the wall clock and suddenly stood up from the sofa. "I got to go. I told my mum I will be going back soon. See you tomorrow!"

"That's fast." I pouted. But I was lucky as she forgot to ask me the reason on why I questioned her earlier. I heaved a sigh of relief as I followed Yeon Joo out.

 

                                                            ______________________________________________________        

 

I saw that bastard again. I didn't mean to call him that though. It just that the word just popped out of my mind. Ever since the argument occurred, I haven't been talking to Luhan ever since and Sehun has agreed to be his tablemate permanently. The teacher didn't really care about the little change in seating arrangment so, whatever. At least my tablemate is no longer Luhan.

Suho wasn't here yet so I was pretty much sitting alone. I just kept quiet as I laid my head on the table, attempting to take a quick nap before lessons starting. If I slept earlier yesterday, I wouldn't be this tired, right? Sigh...

"Where did you go yesterday?" I heard from someone sitting beside me. I'm sure it wasn't Suho, it was Kyungsoo.

I sat up, rubbed my eyes and looked at him. 

"Huh? Oh...My mum called so I needed to rush back." I quickly made up a reason and flashed a smile.

"But you said you were meeting Yeon Joo?"

That's when I realise, I might get caught for lying again.

"Ah! I mean I needed to meet Yeon Joo, so yeah." I spoke quickly, hoping he will sense that I'm not lying.

"Oh really? I think you are lying." Kyungsoo chuckled and I was scolding myself internally. That's why Yeon Joo always say that I'm the worst liar ever. I can't lie properly and even if I do, I always get caught.

But before Kyungsoo could question the truth, there came a Joonmyun trying to get Kyungsoo off his seat.

"Yah! This is my seat!" Suho attempted to shoo Kyungsoo off.

"But hyung, you can't just interrupt me like that." Kyungsoo responded as he stood up.

"Talk later. I just want to sit." Suho stated as he sat down.

Kyungsoo just sighed and I chuckled at his adorable reaction. Tell me why do I have a crush on him. 

"Hey, Kyungsoo. She is pestering me again." Suddenly, Chanyeol walked over to Kyungsoo and whispered but I could hear his deep voice pretty clearly.

Kyungsoo's facial expression just changed so completely and he looked really different now. I was just being really blur as I glanced at the member's talking about something. They were speaking pretty loudly, voices quite audible but the only problem is that, I could not understand what was going on. I know I shouldn't be eavesdropping but curiousity talkes over really easily.

"Yah..who is it? Is it SM?" Baekhyun placed his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Suho who slightly overheard the conversation asks, "Who's SM?"

"Aish. Who else could it be then that Soo-" Baekhyun answered easily but when he saw me looking at him, he paused for a moment.

I looked back at him and Baekhyun covered his mouth. Is is something that he can't reveal or was he thinking that he was speaking too loud?

"Anyway, leader-nim, you should know who is it. That's her initial." Baekhyun lowered down his voice and Suho's mouth turned into an 'O' shape.

Kyungsoo's face turned dark as he bit his bottom lip hardly. I have never seen Kyungsoo being like this at all. Probably the first time for me to see him looking really unhappy. 

"Just ignore her." Kyungsoo finally spoke and turned to walk back to his seat. He sounds a little furious at the same time.

My eyes followed him as I wondered what was exactly going on. I heard a tap on my table and I turned to see Suho looking at me.

"Who are you looking at?" Suho asked me. I actually thought if I should maybe ask Suho on what's happening. He's the leader of their group, right? But, I wasn't sure if asking my partially unanswered question was right. Besides, I was a little afraid to know the truth. Why?

Curiosity kills the cat still. I still decided to ask Joonmyun.

"Err...Can I ask you something?" I asked Suho slowly but feeling a bit reluctant to question at the same time.