Chapter 5

Average Me

It's another school day. You always have this belief that school is always boring. Studying and studying non-stop. No wait, maybe school won't be boring anymore. Things are about to change. Especially when you have a crush. 

 

After a 10 minute long bus ride with Yeon Joo, both of you finally reached the entrance of the school.

"Don't worry. I will help you." Yeon Joo guranteed as she grinned at you.

"You don't need to. Oh and tell others and you will get it from me!" You threatened Yeon Joo in a teasing manner while you pretended that you wanted to kick her.

Yeon Joo thought for a while and joked "But in this case, I might need to tell others."

You shot Yeon Joo a stern glare and folded your arms. "Fine. Go ahead then. I dare you."

"Oh! I'm so scared!" Yeon Joo replied in a sarcastic way. "But I'm sure if I tell others, it's gonna benefit you. Trust me!" Yeon Joo convinced.

"If it's gonna help me, then whatever it is!" You rolled your eyes and walked faster so that Yeon Joo can't catch up with you.

 

                                                       ________________________________________________

 

" Kyungsoo, where did you go yesterday?" Baekhyun questioned. Curiousity takes over him really easily.

"Yeah! You did not reply my message!" Suho remarked, "It's not normal for you to ignore our messages! Tell us!"             

"Why do you want to know so much? Is my life so interesting to you guys?" Kyungsoo teased.

"Just tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" Sehun persuaded, giving aegyo at the same time.

"Irritating bunch of people." Kyungsoo mumbled, lying his head on the table.

 

"Hello there kids!" Yeon Joo shouted enthusiatically. She was grinning from ear to ear.

"So noisy in the morning." You mumbled, rolling your eyes.

 

                                           ___________________________________________________________________

 

Mega fast forward. End of school. You still could think that school is a little boring.

Some students still wanted to stay in class, like Yeon Joo. She wanted to chat with EXO.

Since you are an avid reader of fiction books, you decided to just read a novel while waiting for Yeon Joo. You did not notice what Yeon Joo and the members were doing and you also did not know what they are talking about.

 

Yeon Joo eyed at Suho using his phone for a while. She slightly smirked and slid her hands into the front pocket of her backpack, reaching out for her phone.

She tapped on the messaging application and started to type on the keyboard.

Yeon Joo: Suho, I need your help. You, Baekhyun, Sehun and I need to talk about something. I will try to get Hyo Jin to move off. While you all need to get Kyungsoo to move off as well. 

After receiving Yeon Joo's message, Suho looked at Yeon Joo for a while, letting out an evil smirk. He then replied Yeon Joo message.

Suho: Ohhh...seems like it's Kyungsoo and Hyo Jin related *insert smirk emoji* really interesting ;)

Suho tapped on Sehun's shoulder and showed him Yeon Joo's message. After reading, Sehun gave a sly smile and called out to Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo hyung! Can you buy some food for us? We are too lazy to go to the canteen to buy." 

"Food? Did someone say food? Yeah! Kyungsoo! Buy food for us! Please! Just buy some of our favourite snacks will do!" Baekhyun requested happily.

"Aish. Okay." Kyungsoo reluctantly accepted as he stood up from his seat, took his wallet and moved off.

"Wow. Evil maknae is so intelligent!" Suho praised Sehun and his blonde hair as if he is a cute puppy when Kyungsoo exited the classroom.

"Eew. Don't touch me!" 

 

Yeon Joo can't help but giggle at what was happening but needed to stop when Suho and Sehun pointed at you who was too busy reading.

"Hyo Jin, you can go home first! I guess I will be chatting for too long!"

"It's okay! I will wait for you." You replied, not knowing what's happening.

Yeon Joo looked at Suho and Sehun with the what-to-do face.

"Persuade her!" Suho whispered to Yeon Joo.

"Err...It's alright! You can go back first! Your favourite Korean drama is going to be on television soon!"

"Oh yeah! I'm going to miss it! I will go back first then. Bye!" You stood up from your seat and waved at Yeon Joo and the other boys.

"Bye!" Yeon Joo and the 3 others said in unison.

 

"Seriously. I did not even know her favourite drama is starting. I just made that up." Yeon Joo giggled.

"So what now? Tell us!" Sehun instructed.

"What are you all talking about?" Baekhyun asked.

Suho showed Baekhyun Yeon Joo's text message. "You guys should told me just now! I wanted to participate in the fun, but you missed me out..." Baekhyun sulked.

"Whatever it is, let me show you all something!" Yeon Joo smiled cheekily and searched for something in her phone.

Yeon Joo finally managed to find the text message you sent to her.

'You: Hahahaha. I was just joking. I like Do Kyung Soo. Park Hyo Jin likes Do Kyung Soo:)'

"Wooooooooo! This is so exciting!" Baekhyun commented as he got up from his seat and jumped around actively.

"What's more? You want to know where Kyungsoo went yesterday and who he went with?"

"With Hyo Jin?" Suho asked, hoping he is right.

"Yeah! They went to the mall!" Yeon Joo continued.

"Oh! I'm so smart!" Suho self-praised.

"I'm pretty sure everybody could guess that right." Sehun folded his arms and rolled his eyes.

"Please don't tell anybody else or Hyo Jin will be really frustrated. Don't tell Kyungsoo as well. In the first place, I should not be telling you guys..."

"Her secret is safe with us!" Baekhyun assured Yeon Joo with a genuine smile.

"And we can help her!" Out of a sudden, Suho requested. 

"That's a good idea!" Sehun agreed with a nod.

"Why? If it's like that, I have two missions already. Yeon Joo and Chanyeol. Then, Hyo Jin and Kyungsoo. I'm such a busy man." Baekhyun shook his head and sighed.

"Just help!" Suho ordered, lightly hitting Baekhyun head.

"Speaking of Chanyeol, have you spoken to him?" Yeon Joo asked Baekhyun.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And he said that he hates you!" An irritated Baekhyun replied.

"What???"

"You could see that he is obviously lying." Suho remarked.

 

                                                    ___________________________________________________________________

 

After watching a sad scene from your favourite drama show and using up a box of tissue, you decided to head back to your room and message Yeon Joo. When you were about to message Yeon Joo, you realised you were added into your class group chat. 

It was just created a few minutes ago by one of your classmates, Victoria.

 

Class 10 group chat

Victoria: Hello :D I added everybody in here and please don't leave the group okay?

(Minho left the group.)

(Taemin left the group.)

Victoria: Excuse me? I said don't leave the group -_-

Krystal: Never mind. Just ignore them. They have too many group chats already lol

Yuri: Hello ^^

 

When you are added in a group chat, you are like some of the classemates who don't talk in the group chat. You tapped on Yeon Joo's icon and received a message from her.

 

Yeon Joo: I heard there was a sad scene in your fav drama. You did not waste a box of tissue right? You must be strong.

You: No. I cried a bucket of tears and used up a box of tissue.

Yeon Joo: :( 

 

You closed your conversation with Yeon Joo and went back to view the class chat. Your phone was vibrating continuously due to the incoming notifications from there.

 

Onew: Are there any work to do?

Jonghyun: Why are you absent today? You ate too much chicken?

Yoona: LOL

Onew: I'm eating it right now.

 

You went back to yours and Yeon Joo chat conversation.

Yeon Joo: Do you really like Kyungsoo?

Your phone vibration was really strong due to all the notification coming in from the class chat. Hence, you decided to reply after you off the vibration.

Vibration : Off

You proceeded to reply.

You: I like Do Kyung Soo.

Seriously? Why do I keep saying I like him? Do I like him so much? You closed your eyes and thought for a bit.

You then opened your eyes and this greeted you:

 

Class 10 group chat

You: I like Do Kyung Soo.

 

Oh . OMG. Park Hyo Jin. This is not the first time you are typing in the wrong chat. You literally wanted to find a hole to hide in, planning to stay there for an eternity. Once again.

Nobody is replying in the class group chat.

They must be all offline.

No. It could not be. They must all have their mouths wide opened reading this.

What's worse? Kyungsoo is in the group chat. Luckily, he is not online.

When the whole class knows, the whole school knows.

When the whole school knows, the whole world knows.

What do the other classmates think of me now? You bit your teeth and started to worry.

"ARGHHHHH! Park Hyo Jin! You are the stupidest person ever. Now what are you going to do?" You buried your face under your pillow and started to go crazy.

I need to do something about this. You calmed yourself down while you closed your eyes and massaged your temples.

 


 

A/N: Another early update again yay! Please note that I'm doing early updates because it is the holidays. When holidays are over, I will be busy with exams. So expect maybe like 2-3 chapters per week? So here is chapter 5! Thank you to all the readers who commented and subscribed and also upvote! I love you all so much! Please ignore all my english mistakes. Hope you enjoyed my story so far. Story is starting to get exciting so do anticipate the next few upcoming chapters!^^ Do subscribe,comment and maybe upvote? I will see you in the next chapter! Note that I will most probably upload chapter 6 next monday as I will be busy from friday to sunday. Sorry about that though but yeah! Please don't be a silent reader and don't unsubscribe:( Anyway see you in chapter 6,you