Chapter 19

Average Me

"Gosh! Recently, he keeps on pestering me! I don't know why but he just continues to tease me non-stop or bully me..." Yeon Joo covered her face and spoke. 

I played with the straw in my plastic cup, making the ends of it hit the side of my cup. After speaking, Yeon Joo placed her hands on her drink and sipped a little bit of her caramel frappuccino before looking out of the window. 

"You were a fan of his last time." I teased as I folded my arms and Yeon Joo turned back to me. She then let out a sigh and laid her hands on the wooden table.

"I did not know Baekhyun is such a person." Yeon Joo continued and I listened to her while I finished up my green tea frappuccino.  Yeon Joo let out another sigh and changed the topic, "Enough about me. How's the piano concert?" I looked up slowly and Yeon Joo gave me a small grin.

"Good." I let out a one-word reply and I continued to 'drink' my frappuccino, forgetting that I already finished it. 

"Your definition of 'good'?" Yeon Joo questioned again and I finally placed my hands off my beverage.

"Well, it's great. I mean his concert was a success and he played well." I commented as I finger-combed my hair.  I was about to continue speaking but was stopped when the few moments that I recalled on that day started to drift into my mind unknowingly. I was still unsure about Luhan's action and what do they mean. It was just making me more and more confused. I felt that he could not have done such an action so casually. There was definitely a meaning behind it. Sigh...I'm going to take quite a long time to figure this out. 

"But there is something kind of bothering me." I looked out of the window and stared at the cars moving on the road, as if it was something really interesting.

"What is it?" Yeon Joo asked as she drank her frappuccino that now occupied the space of half the plastic cup.

"It's about Luhan." I spoke, eyes fixed at one of the cars that stopped in front of the traffic light.

"Tell me. I will try to solve your problem." Yeon Joo said as I faced her again. She was giving me a smile and I bit my lower lips, deciding if I should tell her. I do trust her. Yeon Joo is my best friend and from that incident that occurred weeks back, she already promised not to tell my secrets and problems out. But even though I do trust her, I felt that it is not necessary to say this out. I just think that I could figure this out by myself. And I guess, in the end, I'm just going to keep this to myself.

"Never mind. I will just go and find out the answer by myself." I sighed.

"What 'answer'?" Yeon Joo looked up from the table and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Huh? Oh...nothing." i immediately continued and Yeon Joo gave me a small smile.

"If you don't want to say it out to me, then it's alright. But if you are really in need of help, know that I will be there for you."

I chuckled hearing what Yeon Joo said and I beamed, "Awww...I will be there for you too, to help you when Baekhyun bullies you." We both laughed but suddenly Yeon Joo stopped and glared at me jokingly.

"Stop reminding me about him." she faked a really serious tone and I giggled. I looked around the crowded cafe that was mainly filled with students studying for their upcoming tests and it actually reminded me that I have a math test two days later. But since we completed a whole series of tests a week ago and since the math test is the last test, I thought I should deserve a little break.

"Shall we go and walk around outside?" I suggested and Yeon Joo nodded in agreement.

 

                                                           __________________________________________________________

 

Yeon Joo and I strolled around as we continued to chat about topics. She still had a frappuccino in one hand since she have not finished it yet. We kind of roamed around and was too engrossed in our conversation that we forgot where we were even going. It was in the afternoon which is the time I should actually be doing my homework but this morning, there was not any work to be done so yay. To add on, I needed to de-stress so I was not really in the mood to study. 

We walked around a bit more, passing by the park as well. I glanced around the area that was full of children playing around. Ah...the carefree days. I do miss them. Now, I lead a stressful life. How sad...

My mind was just suddenly occupied with thoughts about my test and I stopped walking. Yeon Joo was a little confused and walked just in front of me.

"What happened? Why aren't you walking?" Yeon Joo questioned, still drinking her frappuccino. When is she going to finish that?

"! I did one question wrongly in the test!" I exclaimed in shock and Yeon Joo looked at me oddly with this 'who gives a about a test' kind of expression.

"Why are you talking about this now? That was days ago." Yeon Joo remarked and I kicked a stone near my shoe while I faked some crying noises upon realising a mistake I made in the test.

"It's over already. Anyway, I know you will do well still despite one mistake."Yeon Joo continued but her so called 'comforting' was not helping me. I could not really stand careless mistakes that I made but I should not make a big fuss out of it. There's nothing I could do already. I'm too concerned about my results, aren't I? I just gave a loud dramatic sigh and tried to tell myself that it's alright.

"Never mind." I said and looked up to see Yeon Joo giving a little smile to me. I was about to tell her that we should continue to stroll around again but I paused when I saw Baekhyun silently walking towards Yeon Joo from behind. Where the heck did he came from? He secretly approached nearer to Yeon Joo from behind and it seemed like Yeon Joo was unaware. I looked at Baekhyun weirdly and he placed his finger on his lips, signalling me to keep quiet. As I said I would help Yeon Joo, I totally ignored his instructions.

"Watch out from behind." I warned Yeon Joo but she was too slow to turn around. 

"Boo!" Yeon Joo flinched greatly as Baekhyun placed his hands on her shoulder. Baekhyun chortled loudly at the funny sight while I attempted to hold back my laughter but Yeon Joo's reaction was too hilarious and I could not help but errupt into laughter as well. 

"Oh my gosh! Stop doing that! You did that 3 times today, isn't that enough?" Yeon Joo hit Baekhyun's arm repeatedly in a near frustrated manner, mortified by her reaction earlier on at the same time. I totally know how she feels.

"Yeah and I succeeded 3 times." Baekhyun spoke in between giggles and Yeon Joo shot him a glare. 

I chuckled at the two but gradually stopped when I felt someone placed their arm over my shoulder and I slightly flinched as well. But I guess nobody noticed my reaction.

"You two should just stop already." I heard from the voice beside me. I slowly looked up and realised it's Kyungsoo.

"Hi!" he greeted as he turned to me with a radiant smile as I did the same. Even his actions are also making me think what do they mean. He has his arms over my shoulder. Gosh. I think this is the closest I have been with Kyungsoo. He might be acting this way because I'm his friend right? Not anything else, correct? Am I thinking too much?

It seemed like Yeon Joo and Baekhyun ignored Kyungsoo and I shook my head. Now, Yeon Joo was about to get all violent because of something Baekhyun said which I could not hear but she managed to control herself. Oh well. I thought I should help her but I found myself talking to Kyungsoo suddenly.

"Did you went back safely yesterday?" I started a conversation unknowingly and Kyungsoo nodded.

"Of course!" he answered happily. It seemed like Kyungsoo remembered something and he faced me, "But where did you go yesterday before I met you?"

"Some concert t-" my words was cut off once I said the word 'concert'. "With Luhan?" he questioned instantly and I nodded my head repeatedly.

"Oh." Kyungsoo looked at the ground and I stared at him. Maybe he was just curious.

"And my mum was talking about you ever since you appeared in front of her yesterday." I continued with a chuckle.

"What did she say?" Kyungsoo looked up again and I grinned.

"She said you are handsome." I gave a beam and Kyungsoo laughed and shook  his head, disagreeing with what i said.

"Oh come on. Stop disagreeing." I folded my arms and remarked. I mean to me, it is a fact that he is beyond good-looking and he is denying with what I'm saying.

"Can I tell you something?" Kyungsoo suddenly questioned and i looked at him, curious about what he was going to say.

"Your mum is pretty. And so are you." he commented with a contagious smile and I needed to look away again.

Because I was blushing once again.

 


 

A/N: Kind of a short chapter but I hope you like it:) so hey all my lovely readers! I'm back!!! I will be updating as per normal again hehe. So here is the new chapter :D I wanna thank all of you for the support you have given! Thank you for staying with me the entire time! I love you omg!!! I will update on time and hope you guys enjoyed the story so far. Love you! Do subscribe, comment or maybe upvote? See you in the next chapter!