Chapter 16

Average Me

Very soon, due to Luhan's pace, we managed to reach the restaurant in like approximately five minutes. From afar, I spotted Yeon Joo and the others outside. 

"Hello there!" Suho greeted with a wide smile and waved.

I waved back. Yeon Joo was chatting with Sehun and upon knowing that I reached, she turned around. Yeon Joo was about to greet me but instead she was now giving me a stare with slightly opened. I gave Yeon Joo a weird look. Seriously? I just waved at her and all I got was a stare? She should at least wave back. How rude. But that was not it. The other members soon have the same facial expression on as Yeon Joo. That's when I know Yeon Joo was not being hostile, I could read her expression, she is shocked. Too shocked to even greet me.

Isn't it absurd? Why in the world is Yeon Joo giving me such a facial expression right now? What is there to be shocked about? I glanced at the other members, giving the same expression. Such weirdos. I mean I'm just saying! I looked at Luhan and then the others. I'm confused. What's wrong? Why is everybody staring at me? That's when I also realise that I ask too many questions to myself.

"Are you two holding hands?" Jongin questioned and I frozed for a second. I quickly glanced and discovered he was right. Not wanting any misunderstanding, I rapidly let go of Luhan's hand and moved a little away from him. I don't even know how I was feeling at that point in time. I reckoned I was having mixed feelings. 

"N..no.." I denied instantly as I played with my hair. I was lying and Yeon Joo could always tell if I'm lying or not. Up to now, I have never figure out how she manage to find out at times. I always had this thinking that it's my facial expression that says it all, thus I wore on a poker face. Unknowingly, I started to play with my fingers, that means I'm feeling nervous. But aren't I such an idiot? Even if Yeon Joo or the others can't tell if I'm lying or not, they already knew the truth. They already witness the scene earlier. Oh gosh. What do I do now?

So is this why they are feeling shocked? Luhan and me? Oh ... They are going to be mistaken. I was too nervous to even notice the people around me. There was an awkward silence out of a sudden. I did not know what to do.

Before I could open my mouth and explain anything further, Yeon Joo pulled me towards the entrance of the restaurant.

"Shall we just go in then?" Yeon Joo gave a small grin to the others and turned to me. 

Thanks to Yeon Joo, the others weren't staring at me anymore. My best friend might have known how awkward the situation has become and helped me. Gosh. I love having such a helpful best friend.

 

We ate a restaurant that sells Japanese food. Once we entered, there was a distinctive pleasant smell. The aroma emitted by the food just makes me hungry within a second. The ambience of the restaurant must be popular with the customers. The place was quite crowded but we managed to find seats for all of us. 

I took a little peep at Luhan when I was sitting down. Oh gosh, why do my eyes automatically look at him?

The waiter greeted us with a warm smile before distributing the menus. Yeon Joo shared the menu with me and we look through it together. I had my eyes on one dish to another and I could not decide.

"You will always order ramen in the end." Yeon Joo teased and I chuckled. She's right. Ramen is my all-time favourite. 

After much browsing, like what Yeon Joo mentioned, I decided on ramen.

"Hyung, can we order now?" Baekhyun asked Luhan and he nodded in reply.

Luhan signalled for the waiter to come over and he placed our orders one by one.

"Hyo Jin, what do you want to eat?" Luhan questioned with a little smile forming.

Before I could even speak, he continued, "Never mind. I know what you are going to order anyway."

He got my order right though. To be honest, I was not surprise. I know him. He knows me. Are the reminiscences of the times when we were together coming back again? Okay, brain, just stop it. I recalled enough.

 

"So please explain what we saw." Suho started, with a mischievous grin. Argh...when will they stop? Bunch of annoying kids.

I paused for a moment and just fixed my eyes on the table, trying to ignore him. A cup of green tea that was just served was in front of me, it's strong scent tempting me to drink it. I took the cup and sipped a bit of the lukewarm liquid. The tea refreshed my throat and I felt good. This taste amazing! I was drank my tea and completely forgot about Suho's question. I peeped at Luhan and he wasn't answering Suho as well.

"Yah! Are you ignoring us?" Chanyeol questioned in annoyance. 

"Aish...we are going to continue to bug you two until one of you open your mouth and say-" 

"They aren't together." Kyungsoo spoke and my eyes widen at what he said.

"How do you know?" Sehun, who was stopped mid-sentence earlier on, questioned.

"They aren't. That's what I know." Kyungsoo crossed his arms and spoke.

I did not even expect Kyungsoo to speak so suddenly. Again, how am I feeling now? I'm unsure. I just kept my mouth shut and sipped more green tea from my cup.

"Is that true? Then why were you holding hands earlier on?" Yeon Joo whisphered to me and I sighed.

"Alright so the main point you wanted to know is revealed. Can we just change the topic?" Luhan suggested and I was glad that nobody is going to annoy me. But why did Kyungsoo just spoke up? Was it because the members were getting too annoying by throwing out so many questions? That might be the reason. 

 

"SUSHI!" Yeon Joo exclaimed upon the sight of her favourite food.

"Damn. This girl really gets too excited over a plate of food." Baekhyun remarked and I chuckled.

Yeon Joo munched on her sushi instantly and I just stared at her. It look so delicious though. Yeon Joo must have noticed me and she gave me a grin.

"Eat it! I know you are starving now." Yeon Joo said as she playfully shoved the food in my mouth.

I chewed on the sushi and oh my, this is really delicious! I my lips and took a pair of chopsticks.

"Give me!" I instructed as I chewed on another.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! You ate most of mine!" Yeon Joo pouted and I chuckled.

"There are still a few left. You can eat it." I put down my chopsticks after I swallowed the last sushi I took.

"You are still the same as last time." Luhan giggled and I looked up. 

"Yeah! She did not change. She still loves taking my food." Yeon Joo commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Hyo Jin, can you pass me the soy sauce?" Yeon Joo requested with full of food.

I searched for the bottle of sauce and spotted it right at the other end of the table where Kyungsoo and Kai were seated at. It's all the way there and I can't possibly stretch my arm and take it. It's too far. I resulted in asking for it.

"Kyungsoo, can you pass me the soy sauce?" I asked with a broad smile and he put down the glass of water he was holding on to.

"Kyungsoo what?" he smirked and asked.

At first, I was bewildered about what he meant. Seconds later, I knew what he was saying. Argh...he wants me to call him oppa now, is it? I'm not going to. Especially, in front of these annoying bunch of kids here. How are they going to react? To add on, saying that makes me shy. I sighed and turned to Yeon Joo.

"How about not getting the soy sauce instead?" I questioned and she just stared at me weirdly.

Instead of speaking, she just gestured to tell me to take the sauce.

"Please..."I begged her and she kept insisting for me to take the sauce. Gesturing to me that she could not speak as was filled with food. I saw Luhan looking at me, wondering what was going on.

In the end, I had to ask for the sauce. Okay then.

"Kyungsoo, please." I requested again and he shook his head in a cute manner.

I just realised Jongin was near as well and I asked him instead.

"Jongin, can you pass me the soy sauce?" I asked, hoping he will obey me.

When I saw Kai about to take the bottle, I felt that I succeeded. But when Kyungsoo stopped him, I frowned. Does he really want me to call him oppa so badly?

"Kyungsoo what?" Kyungsoo faced at my direction and repeated.

No choice. 

"Kyungsoo oppa, can you please pass me the soy sauce?" I finally spoke out and he gave me his contagious smile.

As predicted, annoying bunch of kids featuring Luhan and Yeon Joo were staring at me. I used my hands to cover my face as I took really deep breaths, trying to come back to a calm Hyo Jin.

"When did you start calling him like that?" Sehun questioned in curiousity while I saw Luhan still staring at me in disbelief or something of that sort.

"He told me to call him like that this afternoon." I explained and I did not know why Yeon Joo started laughing out loud.

"Wow, Kyungsoo." I heard Chanyeol joked as I took the glass of tepid water on the table.

"Then, you and Yeon Joo call us oppa as well!" Baekhyun said and I almost choked when I was drinking halfway. 

Reasons why I don't call others oppa is because I'm just too shy to do so. Okay, I'm definitely not going to say now. I still felt Luhan stare on me. It wasn't just a stare.

 

                                               __________________________________________________

 

I finally reached home and threw my bagpack on the ground. As I slammed myself in my comfy bed, my phone started to ring. I fished out my phone from my pocket and viewed the number. It's an unknown number. I slide my fingers on the screen to answer the call and placed my phone near my ear.

"Hello?" 

"Hello. Is this Hyo Jin?" the caller from the other line asked. It was a familiar voice.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"It's Lee seonsaengnim here." my form teacher responded.

"Oh. Good evening, seongsaengnim. Why did you call me?" 

"I have to inform you about something. A student from our school who graduated years ago is having a piano concert and he sent a couple of tickets to our school. We found out that we could let two students per class go to the concert, hence we did a random selection. Therefore, for our class, you and Luhan will be going."

 


 

A/N: Please subscribe, comment or maybe upvote if you like it! :D