Chapter 6

Average Me

Half of the class must have already read that. Maybe more than half. Oh . The fans of EXO in the class will soon go berserk. You can feel them shooting a glare out from their eyes, coming towards you. They must be screaming hysterically. 

" 'Idiot of the Year' award goes to myself. " You shook your head and slammed your head on your phone.

Again, it is the second time. Not the first. You felt like you did not learn from your mistake at all. Careless as usual still.

"I have to do something. I just confessed. CONFESSED. It's embarrassing! I can't just sit here and ignore this matter." You told yourself, trying to cool down at the same time.

 

You have never been this embarrassed before. Your face was turning red and even red as every minute passed by. Your entire face was radiating heat. You bit your lips and swallowed your saliva. You attempted to think of an solution and an idea suddenly popped out in your mind.

You have to give an explanation, of course. You have to deny that you don't like Kyungsoo. In your heart, you do but you don't want the class to know you like him truly.

3 options to give. You have to choose the most believable explanation.

Option 1: Say that someone else typed it. Not you.

Option 2: Say that you were playing truth or dare. Someone dare you to type that.

Option 3: Say that you typed in the wrong chat.

You did not know you were somewhat smart to come up with such explanations.

Why would you want to choose option 3? No no no. Definitely not option 3. It's the truth. You have to lie, plus option 3 proves that you like him somehow.

Left with option 1 and 2. Both sounds so believable. You could not decide which to choose so you took out a coin. 

Heads for option 1. Tails for option 2. 

You placed the coin on your palm and threw it in the air. The coin flew up and in two seconds time, it started to fall. You moved forward to catch the item you threw. The coin landed on your palm and you used your other hand to cover it.

"So option 1 or 2?" You questioned as you slowly reveal the answer. It somehow felt like you are checking the answer for a difficult math question.

You moved your hand to see the answer: tails. That means option 2. Option 2? Okay then.

You swiped your fingers on the phone screen to unlock your phone. With your slender fingers, you started to type on the keyboard. So amazing. After 5 minutes, nobody replied at all.

 

Class 10 group chat

You: I like Do Kyung Soo.

You: Sorry lol. That was a dare. I was playing truth or dare.

Onew: Lol. We were all shocked from the sudden 'confession' hahahaha

Victoria: hahaha xD

 

Seems like everything is alright. Many classmates must have believe it. You then took your phone and ran out of your room.

"Mum! I'm going to Yeon Joo's house for a while!" You shouted to your mum who was cutting fruits.

After informing, you head to Yeon Joo house next door and rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, Yeon Joo opened the door. She looked at you for a while and started bursting into laughter.

"It's not funny, idiot! You have no idea how mortified I was." You put your hands on your hips and glared at Yeon Joo.

"You are so careless. It's the second time." Yeon Joo stopped laughing and let you into her house.

 

"Where are your parents?" You questioned.

"They went out for a while. Why didn't you tell me you are coming?" 

"I wanted to surprise you." You answered as you followed Yeon Joo to her room.

Yeon Joo's room was still the same as before. Just that she changed the colour of her wallpaper to pastel pink. The first thing you see when you enter her room is her bookshelf that was filled with romance novels. She seriously loves to read romance novels and that might be a reason why she knew so much about love and romance but an interesting fact about her is that she never had a boyfriend or she never dated before. 

"You described to me your ideal type in detail before but I realised there is someone who is even closer to your ideal type and it is not Chanyeol. You did not even realise who is it." You started the conversation and you sat on a comfy beanbag chair at the corner of Yeon Joo's room.

"Who? I thought Chanyeol is the closest already." Yeon Joo asked. She was lying down on her bed at first but suddenly sat up straight upon hearing what you said. Her eyes lightened up.

"Your so-called helper." 

"WHAT? Eew. No way." Yeon Joo exclaimed, shaking her head, " He is so irritating."

"I feel Baekhyun is closer to your ideal type not Chanyeol." You continued, folding your arms.

"He talks too much. That's one thing I don't like about him." Yeon Joo stated, "Anyway, talking about ideal types, is Kyungsoo really your ideal type?"

"I guess you can say so. I hope everybody believes my reason just now." You sighed when you remembered the embarrassing moment that happened not too long ago. 

"Oh yeah. Hyo Jin, you have to be careful tomorrow. Blame yourself for being careless. You might get into trouble tomorrow." Yeon Joo frowned at you.

"Why?" 

"Fans. They might not believe you and they might tell the entire school. You don't know what they will do to you. You know what I mean, right? Park Hyo Jin? Secret? That secret? That secret that makes you weak. But I don't care, I'm going to help you to overcome that secret you have. You still must be friends with EXO."

Oh . That secret. It makes you so weak.

How could I forget about it?

"Can we don't be with EXO for a week?" You asked, the word 'fear' was written all over your face. 

"No. Why is this secret avoiding you from doing things in your life? I said to overcome your stupid secret. You don't have to be scared. Learn to be strong at least. You can't be like this for your entire life." Yeon Joo answered.

 

                                                             ____________________________________________

 

You did not want to go to school and planned to feign illness. You rather just stay in your warm and comfortable bed.

Out of a sudden, Yeon Joo marched into your room.

"What the heck? What are you doing here in my house?" 

"You must be planning to feign illness, am I right?" Yeon Joo smirked at you and pulled you out of bed,"Go and get ready. I don't care! You better come to school!"

My best friend knows me so well.

 

You and Yeon Joo were about to walked to the school entrance when you suddenly stopped in your tracks. You legs were trembling. You started to take deep breaths to calm yourself down. You were breaking into cold sweat. You have not been this afraid to go to school. What is going to happen today? You never know. You started to walked slowly but you could not balance and almost tripped. Luckily, Yeon Joo grabbed you in time.

"You okay?" Yeon Joo asked, eyes filled with concern.

You gave a slight nod and tried to stand properly. Your face was turning pale. You bit your lips and entered the school compound with Yeon Joo.

 

You had your head lowered down the whole time while you and Yeon Joo were heading to the classroom. You could sense pairs of eyes glaring at you.

You had to stop walking when 3 female students stood in front of you. They look vexed.

"Park Hyo Jin? Am I right?" One of them asked.

You tilted your head up a bit and answered softly. Your voice filled with fear. "Yes."

"We don't believe what you said. You purposely confessed so that Kyungsoo can notice you more, right?"

"Such a stupid assumption you made." Yeon Joo stepped in.

"Shut up! None of your business!" Another student remarked, and turned to you.

"You better back off and stop trying to be with Kyungsoo or you will get it from us. Understood?" 

You were about to answer 'Okay.' when Yeon Joo pulled you away.

 

"You were about to say that you will back off right?" Yeon Joo questioned. She was annoyed.

You nodded.

"They should not be controlling you! Why are you allowing them to control you? It shows that you are so weak. I know you are scared but you need to at least do something. If you like Kyungsoo, then continue to like him! Why do you have to give up because of those stupid fans?"

Yeon Joo is right. I have to at least confront them. Sigh. Why do I have this secret? This secret. It's definitely stupid. Why am I scared of being bullied?