Chapter 4

Average Me

10 a.m. Your alarm clock beside you started to ring. Actually, there wasn't a need to set the alarm clock. There's no school and you could sleep all day but you just wanted to wake up early. When you don't set your alarm clock, you could sleep until 2p.m. , skipping your lunch. No joke.

You opened and rubbed your tired eyes. You were still sleepy and tired because you slept a little late last night.

Since you were free, you decided to ask Yeon Joo if she is free to go out. 

You reached out for your phone and opened the messaging app. Due to how sleepy you were at that point of time, you just quickly went to press a contact number, thinking it is Yeon Joo. 

You: Are you free today?

After you sent the message, you went back to sleep for just 5 more minutes.

 

                                                                       _____________________________________

 

Kyungsoo already woke up at 8 a.m. He already ate his breakfast and he was currently reading a novel. Kyungsoo needed to stop what he was doing when he suddenly received a text message.

Hyo Jin: Are you free today?

Kyungsoo did not expect to received a text message from you. It was your first text message to him. He stared at the phone screen for 10 seconds before he reply.

 

You finally woke up from your little 5 minutes nap, but you were still feeling sleepy. You about to get up from your bed when you received a text message. 

"It must be Yeon Joo." You told yourself.

You picked up your phone to see the message.

Kyungsoo: Yeah. Why?

You stared at the phone screen for 10 seconds and your eyes began to widen.

"What???" You shouted at yourself, feeling really shocked.

You quickly scrolled up to check if you sent the message to the right person.  This actually made you woke up instantly.

"What happened? Why are you shouting?" Your mum suddenly opened your bedroom door without permission.

"Nothing." You replied, trying to smile properly but you can't.

"I hope everything is alright, Darling. Please don't shout so suddenly in the morning. I almost tripped and fell when I was climbing the stairs!"

"Sorry! I won't next time!" You apologised to your mum and looked back at your phone.

"You are such an idiot, Park Hyo Jin!" You scolded yourself and used your palm to hit your head.

But I can't reply 'never mind'. He obviously knows that I want to ask him to go out with me or something like that... You tried to think for a while.

You quickly went to text Yeon Joo for help. You made sure that you are texting the correct person this time round.

Yeon Joo: What??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

You: Don't laugh at me!

Yeon Joo: Just go out with him then.

You: Why? I only asked him if he is free.

Yeon Joo: He obviously knows that you wanna ask him out. What's more, you like him right? It's a good chance, you know? *insert smirk emoji*

You: I said I maybe like him -_-

Yeon Joo: I'm sure you like him! You just don't want to say it. hehe. Whatever it is, don't reject to go out with him, just go out! Ask him NOW!

 

Yeon Joo is right. It's a good chance. But wait, do I like him? This is not the first time you asked yourself this question. You really don't know.

"Whatever it is, I have to say something." You sighed.

You: Do you want to go out?

That's a really direct question. You did not want to see Kyungsoo's reply. Thus, you threw your phone on your bed and ran out of your room at a fast speed.

"Why are you running?" Your mum who passed by you asked.

"Err...Morning exercise!" You thought of an excuse.

"Oh. Okay. You could jog at the park though." Your mum suggested.

You don't even know where you are running to. Therefore, you ran back to your room.

"I have to see his reply though." You told yourself as you stretched your hand to take your phone which was on your bed.

There's a notification. Who else could it be other than Do Kyungsoo?

You opened to see a reply. 

Kyungsoo: Sure. Want to go to the mall?

You: Okay :) Meet at 11a.m at the entrance.

 

Okay. So Kyungsoo and you are going to the mall just nearby. It was already 10.30a.m. You quickly prepare yourself and eat early lunch. Since you did not feel like eating breakfast.

The journey from your house to the mall takes at least 15 minutes, which means that you only have another 15 minutes to get ready. Since it was quite cold, you decided to wear a casual and comfy outfit that could keep you warm at the same time. After that, you did your make-up. You looked at your digital clock. It's 10.40a.m. already. You put on a peach colour lipstick and sprayed a bit of perfume. 

10.45a.m. You checked to see if you look alright and immediately headed out.

 

After the 15 minutes walk in the freezing cold,  you managed to reach the mall in time. Maybe just late by a minute but you just considered that as being punctual. 

You scanned around to look for Kyungsoo. You then spotted him at the entrance and quickened your pace.

"It's 11.02a.m. already." 

"Nope. It's 11.01a.m. I'm just late by one minute." 

"Okay. Whatever it is, shall we go in?"

You nodded your head with a grin.

 

You could not believe you are with Kyungsoo right now. It feels like a dream to you. Most probably, it's because you like him. 

But what could be the reason for liking him? It might be his smile, how cute and handsome he is, how gentle and caring he is... You could totally just continue on and on. You two just became friends. You only known him for a few days but it felt like you already know him really well. Why do you suddenly like him? Wait. Do I even like him in the first place? You questioned your heart. You seriously thought you could hear a reply. 

"You might know by the end of today."

Actually, that's just you thinking to yourself.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted when you spotted a pet store.

You ran to look at the pets while Kyungsoo followed you behind. He was beaming at you. Kyungsoo never saw you this excited before.

There were so many cute animals. Ranging from lovable puppies to the little adorable hamsters. 

"Look at this puppy! It's so adorable!" You told Kyungsoo as you waved to the puppy. 

"You like puppies?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Yeah! I love these cute animals. They are so adorable. I always wanted one but my mum does not allow." You replied, frowning away.

"I like puppies too. My friend Jong In has two puppies."

"Jong In? Kai?"

"Yeah. He is my good friend."

 

Just when you and Kyungsoo were talking halfway, the pet store owner approached you two.

"Wow. You two must be a couple. Your girlfriend seems to love this puppy so much.You should buy the puppy as a gift for her." The pet store owner grinned at both me and Kyungsoo.

What? Couple? Girlfriend?

"No! I'm not his girlfriend."

"No! She's not my girlfriend."

You both denied at the same time. 

"Anyway, just take a look around!" The pet store owner giggled and walked off.

 

After a walk round the pet store, you suggested to eat ice cream at Baskin Robbins, your favourite ice cream store. Surprisingly, Kyungsoo mentioned that it is his favourite ice cream store too.

"I'm ordering chocolate chip flavour." You and Kyungsoo said at the same time.

Why do we have so much in common? You thought with a smile formed on your lips. You then chuckled after that.

 

After ordering, both of you sat down and consumed the ice cream that was in the cup. 

You and Kyungsoo chatted a lot and from then you were able to learn a lot more about him. Sometimes you can't help but to smile back when he smiles at you. Gosh. What can you do? He is making your heart melt. You just really adore that contagious smile. The smile that's so sweet at the same time. Both of you laughed, giggled and chortled at each other's jokes. Whether it is lame or not. 

 

                                                    ___________________________________________________________

 

After spending half of your day with Kyungsoo, you finally reached home. Hey. You really did not regret spending your time with him after all. A notification, like a bolt out of the blue, appeared on your phone lock screen.

Yeon Joo: How's your day? *insert smirk emoji*

You: It's not bad. Better than going out with you.

Yeon Joo: Ohhhhhh! Okay... 

You: I got the proper answer to your question already.

Yeon Joo: You mean if you like Kyungsoo? Then what is it? Just say!

You recalled about what you thought to yourself. "You might know by the end of today." You really knew the answer by the end of the day.

You: No.

Yeon Joo: Really??? You are lying! Totally lying!

You: Hahahaha. I was just joking. I like Do Kyung Soo. Park Hyo Jin likes Do Kyung Soo:)