Chapter 36: Jonghhyun's Bckground (Part 3) MOTHERS POV.

My On Flight Boyfriend

 

 

oh, go look at the new foward I posted. kay? (:


 

Jonghyun's Mother's POV// FAST FOWARD TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE FLIGHT. 

 

Our family has made it a long way. We've surpassed so many challenges and this is how we got here! We are a family that continues to have a roof over their heads and is no longer in debt. We even have enough money to splurge here and there. 

 

Tonight was one of those nights when Jonghyun would sleep over at his friend Key's home, or was it Minho? I wasn't exactly sure but he usually slept over and was back by the morning so it didn't really bother me. Jonghyun was a good kid and a great son. I didn't have to worry about him doing something wrong or committing a crime. I didn't have to spazz about his whereabouts, either. His friends were all morally good. Even though, I think that Key kid has a thing for my Jonghyun. But, I won't tell Jongie~. It will just make things awkward. 

 

I was washing the dishes from our dinner when Appa, my husband and Jonghyun's father, walked through the entrance of the kitchen. He slowly walked over to the middle of the room. The sound of the chair rubbing its legs across our tile floor told me that he took a seat on the kitchen table. I rinsed off a pair of chopsticks and placed it into our dishwasher to dry. "Is anything wrong, hun?" I said in Korean. My husband let out a sigh.

 

"I think we should send Jonghyun to Korea." he said. I put down the sponge and dish that I was holding and turned around to face him. He looked serious. "Are you really sure about this?" I asked. Appa nodded his head. 

 

"We've caused Jonghyun so much stress the past few years. I think sending him to Korea will give him a breath of fresh air. Unlike this polluted NYC air." explained Appa. I nodded my head and didn't disagree. Jonghyun was probably the main reason why we've been able to live. He worked a job after school, took care of the house, and took care of me in my time of depression.

 

"Should we buy tickets then?" I asked. Appa blinked. He looked at his lap and pulled out a long, thick, white envelope. "All ready did." he said. 

 

I wiped my hands with a rag then walked over to the table, taking a seat next to him. I took the fat envelope out of his hands. I was ready to rip the envelope open and find out what was inside, but instead I asked. "Yeobo, what is exactly in here?" 

 

Appa smiled. "First of all, plane tickets. JFK Airport, two weeks from now," he said. "Second, is his acceptance to Seoul University with a half scholarship." Jonghyun was always a smart boy. He was almost valedictorian. Jonghyun ranked number 7. Okay, maybe he wasn't almost valedictorian. But, he would have been if it hadn't been for those six other geniuses. 

 

"Third, a letter from the dorms landlady who my dongsaeng knows personally. The landlady is a good person and is renting out the two bedroom apartment on top of hers for a cheap price. It is near the campus and thats where Jonghyun will be staying. It is also near where his sister lives." explained my husband. "Finally, a credit card with an account that is filled with enough money for him to last a year." 

 

I was astounded. He had planned this so well. "But how did you-"

 

"Don't ask. It took me a year or two, but now it's done," he said. "And you'll be the one explaining this to him, yeobo." 

 

"Okay, I'll tell Jonghyun in a few days."

 

yay. updates.
just saying, i LOVE Jongkey as much as I love Jonghyun himself.
thank you for reading!
SUBSCRIBERS & READERS are the BOMBBB!
COMMENTERS ARE THE SHIZZZ!