Chapter 35: Jonghyun's Background (Part 2)

My On Flight Boyfriend

 

THANKYOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS!

i've been so lazy and haven't thanked my new subscribers on their wall. D:

Yeah... after this chapter there will be one more 'Jonghyun's Background' (:

& HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!


 

Jonghyun's POV // Still 5 Years Ago

 

After the meeting with Mr. Attorney, Dad drove us home. I looked up at him as he drove. Dad looked so exhausted. His hair was flying in different directions, his hands were clammy, and his face was mixed with two different emotions. One relief from the fact that we had a few more months to pay up until our house would be foreclosed. The other emotion was worry. Dad sped through the highway trying to get home as soon as possible. Right after we left the Attorney office we got a call from our neighbor saying that Mom is in trouble. What kind of trouble? I don't exactly know, Dad always tried to keep that stuff hidden from me. We were almost home, just about 5 blocks away, and were forced to stop at a red light. Thats when his cell phone rang. 

    

*Ring *Ring. Dad pressed the talk button and placed the phone next to his ear. "Yeobosayo?" said Dad. Dad's eyes bulged then went back to normal size as he turned off his phone. I stared at Dad expectantly. 

 

Dad smiled at me and then messed up my hair. "It's nothing son. Your mom is okay, just had a little scare. Why don't we get something to eat?" asked Dad. I nodded my head slowly. He flashed me a smile and drove off to the nearest fast food chain, driving at a more normal speed. 

 

We pulled up to a McDonalds store and quickly went inside, trying to avoid the harsh colds of December. Dad and I ordered, grabbed our food, then sat in a booth near the window. I took out my burger and was getting ready to have a bite. "Jonghyun-ah" spoke Dad. I glanced up at him. "Your getting so big. I guess I was too busy to see you grow up, huh?" I stayed silent. 

 

"We're having a tough time, you know?" he said. "Things are getting hard and I'm sorry that I couldn't be a better appa." I was going to stop him but he continued. "You've grown so big son. I'm sorry that I've missed it all." He stopped and we sat their silently. 

 

"Appa," I said "Why are you apologizing?" Dad looked at me. It was the first time that I've called Dad 'appa' in the longest time. "There is no need for you to apologize when all you've done is support our family. Look, at what you've accomplished. You've successfully brought your family to America, bought us a home, and sent your first daughter halfway through university! Not many can even afford to send their children to school!"

 

Dad smiled at me and took out his burger, eating it as he continued to glance at me. "Son, you are always right. As soon as I save enough. I am going to send you to a place where I know you can live your life well.

 

"Dad you don't need to send me anywhere! I am content here with you and Mom." I said. Dad shook his head in disagreement. He took another bite of his burger, popped a fry into his mouth, then washed it away with a gigantic gulp of soda. 

 

"My boy doesn't need to feel this so much stress in such a young age." he rebutted. He engulfed the remaining amounts of his food and waited for me to finish the last bites of my burger. I popped one last fry into my mouth. 

 

"Okay, let go son. Your mom is waiting for us at home. Maybe we should buy her a burger."


 

yeah. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

last day till i get back to school.. tomorrow. ugh.

let me go do my HW.

or maybe I'll watch more "High Kick Through the Roof" instead. it's my new obsession.

it makes me LOOVE SeKyung unni & GIKWANGG! <333

SUBSCRIBERS & READER are the BOOMMBB!

COMMENTERS ARE THE SHIZZ! LOL.