Epilogue One: Eun Mi or Ms. Anorexic's Directors Cut

My On Flight Boyfriend

ELLO GUYS! (:

SO. here is the LONG overdue first epilogue.

(more like a one-shot) 

I WROTE THIS AS IF IT WAS A ONE-SHOT.

i don't know if many of you will like it, because it is about ms. anorexic. and well, frankly, no one really likes her lol.

sorry, if this is crap. 

i always call my stuff crap. *low self esteem*

 

truthfully, I can't remember any of my past chapters.

i think i have to reread my own story lol.

 

 

AND IF I DIDN'T MAKE IT CLEAR, THE MOVIE EUNMI IS AUDITIONING FOR IS A REMAKE OF MOFB. (:

 

sooooooo, let's quit the chatting and start the reading.

tell me if any typos.

 

 

WORD COUNT: 2449

 



Number One

 

You remember Ms. Anorexic, right? You don't? Don't tell me that you've forgotten her already! Let me refresh your memory. Ms. Anorexic was the girl everyone loved to hate. Her skinny figure and model like looks led men to love her and women to envy her. Unfortunately, her personality didn't gain her any fans. She was annoying, obnoxious, and every other word that was a synonym of annoying.

 

Or so you thought.

 

You remember Ms. Anorexic's real name, right? The name her parents had given to her was Eun Mi. Lee Eun Mi.

 

Do you know what Lee Eun Mi's occupation was? Eun Mi was an actress. She spent many of her days in New York working on underground Broadway shows, singing and acting to her hearts content. When her contract in NYC was finished she made the choice to migrate to Seoul, Korea. The main purpose of her trip to Seoul was to get into the Hallyu wave.

 

Now, you're probably wondering, “What the hell does her occupation have to do with anything?” Her occupation defines her personality and what you see.

 

You probably wouldn't believe me if I said that Eun Mi wasn't the annoying girl we thought she was. And you would call me a liar if I told you that she was “putting up an act” the whole time for her brother, Onew. She showed you a bit of her true personality towards the end of the story, but I doubt many of you realized it.

 

Let's connect the pieces guys. Eun Mi is an actress, so it wouldn't be hard to act, right?

 

Just keep that in mind.

 

-------------

Three months after the flight.

 

“Lee Eun Mi,” called a tall, blonde, slender female. She stood at the doorway of the room, carrying a clipboard in hand.

 

In the corner of the room, a female stood up. She smoothened her skirt and raised her hand. “That is me,” she replied politely.

 

The blonde woman stared blankly at her and beckoned Eun Mi to follow her. The former waved a hand and stood patiently at the door. Together the two left the waiting room and walked down a light, brightened hallway. The two women stood side by side.

 

The blond woman noticed that Eun Mi was different from the several women she escorted into the audition room. Eun Mi held her head up high and boasted her obvious experience. Her appearance and outer confidence definitely stood out. She could easily be pointed out as a veteran actress.

 

“This is the room,” the woman stated, “Director Kim should be waiting inside.”

 

Eun Mi nodded slowly. Before entering, she took a deep breath of air. She slowly pushed the door open. Behind the door two chairs and a man waited. That man was Director Kim, the director of a new unnamed movie. Eun Mi bowed ninety degrees before taking another step in the room.


 

“Hello, Eun Mi imnida,” she said.

 

The director smiled slightly and motioned for her to take a seat. As Eun Mi sat on the seat, the director picked up the resume that was resting on the table.

 

“Ms. Eun Mi, correct?” asked the director. Eun Mi nodded slowly, “You are auditioning for the role of Sarah. Do you understand her role?” He looked at her with tired, hopeful eyes. He appeared to be waiting for the right actress, and by the look on his tired, expressionless face, he obviously hasn't found her yet.

 

Again, Eun Mi nodded. “Yes, Sarah is a city girl who leaves the city to go to the countryside. She and her brother, Sam, ride a train towards the countryside. On the train, the two meet Sarah's ex-boyfriend, Matt. Much to their surprise, Matt already moved on. Sarah gets her brother to fool Matt and show him that she has moved on.”

 

“Wow, you gave me a whole character analysis,” the director said jokingly

 

Eun Mi rubbed her knees nervously. The director's tone didn't sound happy and it scared her. It just wasn't the answer he was looking for. “Um, well yes, I prepared it the night before,” she mumbled.

 

Director Kim just nodded with an unsatisfied expression on his face.

 

The director cleared his throat and pulled a booklet from his bag. “Why don't you say some lines,” Director Kim suggested as he placed a copy of the script on the table, “There are a few places bookmarked. You can choose from there.”

 

Eun Mi skimmed a few pages. She stopped. There, on page 110, was a part where Sarah, the part Eun Mi is auditioning for, is told by her brother to stop loving Matt. Sam convinces Sarah that it is time to move on. Eun Mi's eyes widened as she skimmed through several of the lines.

 

“I'll be Sam and you can play as Sarah. What page are you on?” the director asked. Eun Mi didn't answer. “Is something wrong?”

 

The director glanced at her curiously. Eun Mi was frozen to her chair as she continued to read the script in front of her. These words. I've said these words before. They came out of my own mouth! Sam's speech was the same one I told Onew! Eun Mi slapped her forehead. Why didn't she realize? The characters of Sarah and Matt were just Miyoung and Onew, only with a gender change! How dumb could she get?

 

Sam: You will NEVER get over him if you continue this way,

Sarah: *Looks at Sam with confused expression*

Sam: Oh, do not tell me that you don't realize.

 

“Ms. Lee, are you okay?” asked the director.

 

Eun Mi looked up from the script and nodded, “These words that Sam says, they hit me right here. It was as if they come straight from my heart and my mouth,” Eun Mi pointed to her heart and gave the director a meek smile.

 

The director brightened and looked pleased. “Really? I tried to get the words exactly like I had heard them.” Like he had heard them?

 

“If you don't mind me asking, where did you first hear these lines? Was it, like, an epiphany?” Eun Mi asked, putting her acting skills to good use. She didn't want to push the director, but she still wanted to know where the familiar lines came from.

 

The director's face brightened. It seems like he's been wanting to tell this story for a while. “Well, after I finished working on this movie in New York City, I flew back to Seoul,” he said, “there were four people, two couples. There was Miyoung and her boyfriend and Onew and his girlfriend. These two couples just happened to sit at least two rows away from me."

 

“There was obvious tension surrounding them. Their whole dramatic story was witnessed by everyone in the first class section. They weren't even part of the first class section at first! Surprisingly, there were four seats that were unoccupied. The first couple won the the tickets while the second couple--”

 

“Paid for the tickets?” Eun Mi suggested.

 

“Yes, how did you know?” he asked suspiciously,

 

“Lucky guess,” she lied, “please, continue on with the story.”

 

The director nodded, “From the time they boarded, to the time we landed in Seoul the four people were in some sort of dispute. One of the flight attendants told me that the man named Onew and the woman named Miyoung were in a relationship, but broke up. Because of their past relationship several cases of jealousy appeared. The two were always fighting! They even fought in one of the restrooms! You could hear their entire conversation.”

 

Eun Mi nodded. So, this is why the words sounded so familiar. “I supposed you watched them the whole flight."

 

The director nodded in reply, "I couldn't get a good look at Onew's partner though."

 

"Did you also hear Onew's sister's confession?” asked Eun Mi. The director just gave her a confused face.

 

“How did you know that she was his sister? I never mentioned that Onew's partner was his sister!”

 

Should she tell him? Would it ruin her chances of getting the role? Also, how would Onew oppa feel if she told the director? Onew oppa had strictly told her not to tell anyone about what had happened on the plane.


 

“Oppa, we should sell this story,” Eun Mi joked one night, “We could make millions if some famous movie director bought this story and I could be the lead actress and--”

 

Onew turned his sister with a stern face, “We tell no one about what happened.”

 

“Why not?” Eun Mi asked with a sad face. She wanted to tell someone about the somewhat adventurous trip she had just had. And she wanted to make money off of this story before someone else did!

 

“Let's just promise to keep it between us. This trip brought me a tremendous amount of trauma, I want to forget it.”

 

Eun Mi frowned. She understood and didn't want to push her brother. “Araso.”


 

Eun Mi paused and stared at the director. Oppa, you and Jenny unnie are happy now. I should be happy too. “I am Onew's sister. I was on the flight,” Eun Mi admitted. She didn't like lying, especially to the person who could be directing her new movie, “Can we continue on with the audition?”

 

The director looked dumbfounded, “Are you really? You can't be the sister of my lead character! Were you even on the plane?”

 

Eun Mi hesitated, but she nodded. “Yes, I was on the flight with Miyoung unnie, Onew oppa, and Jonghyun oppa. If you don't believe me, I can call Onew oppa right now,” she replied. The director's surprised face changed. Instead, of wide eyes and a gaping mouth he faced Eun Mi with an eye smile and a bright, flashy teeth,

 

He was convinced. He had not mentioned Jonghyun's name and there Eun Mi was, saying Jonghyun's name with such causality. It was obvious that Eun Mi knew him in some way. “Then let me ask you something, what happened to the four of you after the flight?”

 

Eun Mi only smiled, “I haven't spoke much to Miyoung and Jonghyun after the flight, but I heard from Jenny unnie that they are happy together. Onew oppa is happy too. He has a new girlfriend...”

 

A fifteen minute audition turned into a two hour interview, with the director asking most of the questions. He'd ask questions that ranged from the first meeting of Miyoung and Onew to the status of Onew and Jenny's relationship. The director was just so curious. He wanted to know the entire background of his character's real life.

 

“Well, it was nice talking to you Ms. Eun Mi,” the director said with a bright face. He found his lead female.

 

Eun Mi bowed, “It was my pleasure.”

 

“Expect a call,” the director said.

 

 

Several weeks later, Eun Mi still hadn't received a call. But she wasn't worried. This was normal for movie auditions. Or auditions in general. It was a Monday night and Eun Mi finally received the call she was expecting. But, to her surprise, the contents of the call were totally different from what she imagined.

 

Now, don't worry, she received the role, but what the director had said to her was unexpected.

 

“Eun Mi,” he said softly, “you aren't lying about being Onew's sister, right?”

 

Eun Mi only laughed in reply. She could hear the strange silence from the other end on the line. There was no laughter.

 

“Of course not. Should I bring a copy of my flight ticket next time I see you?” she asked. On her end of the line she ran to her office to find the old ticket.

 

The director was silent. “That would be nice, but I already believe you. You could guess why I am calling, correct?”

 

“Did I get the role?” she asked.

 

“Yes, you did, but that is not the only reason why I called. I actually wanted you to be my movie consultant."

 

Eum Mi was silent. She was considering it, but her lack of experience held her back. “But I have no experience in that field. I'm an actress not a scriptwriter.”

 

The director laughed, “Trust me, almost none of the movie consultants now-a days have experience. So do you want to try it? All you'd have to do it help with the script changes, give me advise, and watch. Plus, you'd get to act.”

 

Again, Eun Mi was silent. “It actually wouldn't be too bad to have my name twice in the credits.”

 

“AH! Sounds good! Let's meet up on Monday to sign some contracts!”

 

 

A few months passed. Eun Mi became a giant part of the production. She suggested several things. First, she suggested to switch the genders of the characters. Just so they'd be exactly how she saw them on the plane. The director accepted. So Onew's character of Sarah became Oliver. And Miyoung's character of Matt became Michelle. (Sorry, if this is getting confusing)

 

She also suggested a different range of events to occur before they reached their destination. Again, the director fully gave into Eun Mi's suggestions.

 

Eun Mi became so engrossed with the production of the movie. In the mornings, she'd act on set with her co-stars and at night, she'd help with the script writing. It was as if the movie set became her home. She was the first on there and the last on to leave.

 

The movie was almost complete and a trailer was soon to be released. The trailer for “At The CrossRoads”.

 

 

The movie was completed and produced. On the night of the movie premiere, Eun Mi arrived at the movie theater. She walked the red carpet accompanied by her co-star Jay Park. (TROLOLOL. <3) The two smiled for the camera and answered several questions about the movie.

 

After the red carpet, Jay and Eun Mi split ways to find the guests they invited. Eun Mi's four guests decided to meet each other at their seats in the theather.

 

Eun Mi walked into the dimly lit theater and scanned the room for her friends. She was surrounded by directors, actors, actresses, and producers. In the third row, she found her friends and the seat they saved her. Eun Mi smiled to herself and strolled down the steps.

 

She hopped into the middle seat and greeted her friends. On her left was Onew and Jenny and on her right was Miyoung and Jonghyun. The greetings and celebrations were short lived cause the dimly lit room became pitch black. Together the five of them watched the movie about them...

 

In an unexpected, perfect harmony...


 

errr. if I had to rate my satisfaction on this one-shot / epilogue it would be 75 out of 100.

it's okay, but not perfect. and its especially confusing lol.

oh well, 

 

NEXT ONE ON JENNY & ONEW.

IT'S 45% COMPLETED. (:

 

 

 

READERS & SUBSCRIBERS are the BOMBBB!

COMMENTERS are the SHIZZZ! (;

 

..... I almost forgot my usual saying! xD ^