Epilogue Four: Reliving the Past Seven Years. This Is the Last You'll See of Us.

My On Flight Boyfriend

*CRIES*'

THIS IS THE LAST YOU GUYS D: 

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

oh well, go on and read it. I hope it doesn't (:

tell me if any typos.

now, I gonna go cry cause I just finished my first fanfiction. Dx 

 

 

Number of words: 2803

 


 

I was a nervous wreck. I didn't want to show my inner anxiety, but my body was already demonstrating it! My hands were shaking. Bullets of sweat rolled down my forehead. My left hand unintentionally rubbed my right arm. I have never been this nervous in my entire life! A hand s itself onto my shoulder. The hand squeezed my shoulder comfortingly. 

"Bro, you okay?" asked Minho, "You look like you're having a nervous breakdown."

"I AM!" I yelled back as I wiped of the droplets of sweat from my forehead. "You're my best man! Why aren't you trying to calm me down?!"

"Pre-wedding anxiety," Minho mumbled. He shook his head then proceeded to fix his hair in the dressing room mirror. He removed his eyes from his reflection to glance at me. He shook his head and folded his arms. "Calm down and stop sweating. If you keep sweating like that, you're going to have intense pit stains on your white suit."

I nodded. I took of my jacket to let myself cool down. There were only a few minutes till the wedding started and the nervousness started to subside. Nothing to worry about, I told myself. Suddenly, the door to the dressing room opened and my other best man, Key, peeked his head inside. He smiled at me, "Hey, it's time for you to head to the alter." Already?!

Minho passed me my white jacket and pushed my out of the dressing room dorm. "Calm down," he whispered as he pushed me into the main hall of the church.

I took a breath of air, lifted my chest confidently, and made my way down the aisle. I walked up to the alter and stood beside the priest. He smiled at me as he flipped through the pages of his bible. In front of me, guests from my family and Miyoung's family settled into their seats in the pews. Many people in the audience gave me thumbs ups and reassuring smiles. "I can do this," I told myself. 

Then, the music began to play. The tune of "Here Comes The Bride" echoed through the church.

The ring bearer and flower girls cutely stumbled into the church, followed by the best men and brides maids. They all dressed wonderfully and looked amazing, but not as amazing as her. She entered the room right after the best men and bridesmaids. She and my soon to be father-in-law walked together down the aisle. She glowed. She sparkled. She stood out from everyone else. At that moment, I could not see anyone besides her. I could not sense anything besides her. Even with all the flashes of un-professional photographers and the teasing of my best men, I could not take my attention away from the beauty walking towards me. At that moment, I really felt... Infinite. 

Her father handed her to me and the ceremony began. It ended in a blink of an eye, and the whole ceremony was a bit fuzzy. But I do remember mumbling some words to Miyoung before our "I Do's" . 

"Forever and always... 

...I do!"


After the wedding, our guests moved to a beautiful reception hall. The hall had stunning features: Amazing marble floors, beautifully sculpted columns, and romantic balconies facing into the main room. Several months ago, when Miyoung and I came to view the place, we both knew that this was the place. It was perfect for our wedding.

The dim lights and glowing centerpieces brightened the room. The second people entered the reception hall, words of awe escaped their lips.

Once everyone was seated, Miyoung and I entered the hall through the staircase that ran in the center of the room. A spotlight shined on us as we made our way to our seats. While we settled down, speakers began to ready themselves for the speeches they were ready to make. Miyoung smiled at me while she waited for one of our parents or close friends to step up on stage.

To both Miyoung and my surprise, Onew and Jenny were the first to step up to the mic. Out of pure shock, Miyoung took a swig of wine, preparing herself for the hurricane Onew was about to release. But to our pleasant surprise, Onew's shocking words were rather pleasant...

"Hello everyone! Ladies, gentlemen, and children, I hope you are all settling yourselves in well. I hope none of you are as nervous as I am. And if you are then you must be Kim Jonghyun or Kim Miyoung. These two wonderful wedded people have become the best friends of my fiancee and I. The four of us met on a place. Together, we four strangers became enemies, but later become best friends. If any of you are interested, all of our problems have been resolved and our past beliefs were set straight. Truthfully, even though the four of us have had our rough patches both Jenny and I could not imagine our lives without them. 

Both Jenny and I wish you two the greatest luck in your life together. We both know that you two will live a successful life.

Let's give a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Kim!"

Miyoung sipped from her glass and scooted closer to me. We both knew that our lives together could only go up from here. We had nothing to stand in our way anymore. Our troubles had faded away a long time ago. The rest of the reception, Miyoung and I partied the night away. We danced with happy thoughts of an impending honeymoon and a happy marriage to come. 


 

Five Years Later

"Jonghyun!" called a voice, "Before you leave for work can you change MiHyun?! He isn't anywhere near ready for school!" 

I chucked to myself as I made my way down the flight of stairs to our living room. Our very messy living room. The room had almost all Mihyun's toy cars, trains, trucks, motorcycles, (basically any moving vehicle) decorating our living room floor. You name it, it was probably on our "floor". I remember buying a carpet for the room, but it was virtually impossible to see under the tons of toys. 

My son, who just turned four, sat in the corner of the room. Miyoung left him to play while she got ready for work. Miyoung just got a new job working as a travel agent at Incheon Airport, so she used her employee dicount to buy us tockets. In Mihyun's right hand sat a cup of banana milk. His other hand tightly gripped his favorite toy car. Mihyun stared at me with his innocent eyes and quietly sipped his banana milk. He blinked at me. "Appa?" he called. 

I made my way to him and gently lifted him off of the floor. "Baby, let's get changed?" I asked. 

Mihyun shook his head at me. With heavy eyes he glared at me and continued to sip his precious milk. Mihyun was always a stubborn child. He reminded me of his mother. Mihyun sipped his milk till it was empty. The sounds of air- echoed through the cup.

"Do you want another one?" I asked as I pointed to the milk. Mihyun automatically nodded. "I'll give you another one. Only if you get changed for school!" 

My son pouted then nodded his head. He pulled at my tie and motioned me to go upstairs. I chuckled at my son's "easiness" then carried him to his bedroom. Together, Mihyun and I chose out his outfit of the day. It took him a while, because of his constant begging for his Pororo shirt. This boy was a Pororo maniac. 

"Appa, PORORO!" whined Mihyun.

I kneeled down, "Mihyun, we packed that shirt in our luggage, remember? You can wear it when we go to America!" I pointed to the small luggage in the corner of the room. 

Mihyun pouted, "Fine." He sluggishly pulled at of the shirts in my hands and told me to dress him. He is a very commanding son, if you haven't noticed.

If I hadn't mentioned about our trip to America, Mihyun probably wouldn't have agreed to dress up. Yes, we, meaning the three of us, were planning to head back to New York City. Mihyun's grandparents were dying to see him. They had only seen him when they came to visit Korea. So, after seven years of not visiting NYC, Miyoung and I planned to go back. To revisit some old memories. 

After getting my son changed, the two of us made our way downstairs to meet the woman of our house. 

"Honey, is the food ready? We'll have to go soon!" I yelled. 

Miyoung, who entered the kitchen while buttoning her shirt, placed the food in front of us. Two plates of blueberry waffles stared at us. "Eat up!" 

After finishing a delicious breakfast, driving Mihyun to school, and struggling through a hard day of work, I picked up Mihyun at school. He ecstatically jumped into the car. He rambled on about how excited he was to go to America. "Appa! Is America like Seoul?" 

I nodded. "But it is very different too. Many more people. It is a very busy country, but I'll bet that you will love the place."

Mihyun nodded happily. I was pretty sure that the four year old next to me did not understand a word I said, but he was still brilliantly ecstatic. He looked out the window and continually checked the dashboard clock. After 10 minutes of constant moving, Mihyun fell asleep. My cute son. Soon after, we arrived home and Miyoung and I began our preparations for our flight that night. 

After helping my wife load her things into our car, we were on our way to Incheon Airport. From my rearview mirror, I could see Mihyun excitedly playing with his car and mumbling words of America in the backseat. "He's excited to get on a plane," Miyoung mumbled. 

I smiled at my beautiful wife, "I know he is. Planes are kind of in his blood. It's where is parents met and where his parents created him--"

"JONGHYUN!" 

I let out a chuckle while Mihyun looked at us dumbfounded. 

--

At the airport, a sense of deja vu flowed through me. 

Miyoung and Mihyun had left me with the baggage while they were in the restroom. I sat on a airport chair, surrounded by three unchecked luggage. Then that's when it hit me. You know, the deja vu feeling. 

In the corner of the airport lobby, a couple cried together next to a airport column. The large brick pole barely covered them from outside viewers. The two cried and hugged each other as if they'd never see each other again. The scene pulled at my heartstrings. It reminded my of the day that I almost lost my wife...

"Appa!" cried a voice. 

Mihyun jumped onto my lap. He cheekily smiled at me. 

"I'll go check in the luggage," said Miyoung as she pulled all three luggage by herself. This woman is the freaking human version of Wonder Woman. There wasn't anything she couldn't do. 

Mihyun looked around the airport. His eyes darted from corner to corner till they stopped. He directly stared at the couple who cried together. The two were still crying, but it wasn't as intense as before. "Appa, why are those two people crying?" asked Mihyun, "I thought airports were supposed to be a happy place!"

I didn't reply. My mind was just so caught up in all of the deja vu that it didn't work straight. 

A slim finger pulled at my collar. Miyoung smiled at me, "It's time to go. We have to head to go through security and head to the gate. Our flight is an two hours." I nodded. 

Mihyun happily followed his mother through the security procedures. He stared at the full body scanners. The metal detectors astounded the four year old. Mihyun cutely walked through the body scanner by himself, then quietly waited for me and his mother. Seeing my son so amazed about the airport brought a bright smile to my face. 

After finding the gate and waiting an hour, we finally boarded the plane. Our seats were in first class. Turns out that we were upgraded! Just like the first flight from NYC to Seoul... We had three seats on the right side of the plane. Mihyun sat at the window seat with his mother next to him and I at with the aisle. Mihyun excitedly jumped in his seat while staring out the window. "Appa, look at all the planes! THERE ARE SO MANY!" Mihyun yelled brightly about the planes next to us.

"Sir, can you please tell your son to-- Jonghyun?! Miyoung?!"

I looked up to see a flight attendant staring wide eyed at me. Her shocked expression slowly shifted to a small smile. "Why didn't you tell me that you were taking this flight?" she asked. 

"Jenny!" squealed my wife, "I didn't know that you were working this flight! Is Onew here?" Miyoung unbuckled her seat belt to stand up and gave Jenny a quick hug. The two females giggled and talked about this sudden meeting.

"I'm right here," said a smooth voice. I stood up and gave Onew a manly hug. A manly as I could with Onew's feminine attendant uniform. "When did you three decided to go to NYC? Mihyun, give your god-father and god-mother a hug!" 

Mihyun's eyes glowed as he climbed the seats to give his godparents hugs. 

"We should get back to working. We'll be working here in the first class cabin so do not hesitate to ask us anything. Don't feel any burden, especially since you three our close friends of ours!" Jenny said happily. Mihyun, Miyoung, and I nodded in response. "Oh, and look out because there is supposed to be a special actress on this flight today." Jenny gave us a small wink and with that, Jenny and Onew left. 

"Special actress?" Miyoung mumbled. 

As Miyoung and I discussed who the special actress could be, Mihyun happily played with his toys and occasionally kicked the chair in front of him. After ten minutes of constant kicking, the person in front of Mihyun blew up. 

"WOULD YOU STOP, KID-- whoa, Mihyun?!'

Miyoung looked away from our conversation. The seat that Mihyun kicked belonged to the "special" actress, an actress that Miyoung and I both knew very well. "Eun Mi?" I asked. 

"Jonghyun oppa! Miyoung unnie!" Eun Mi yelled happily, "What are you doing on this flight?" A bright smiled graced her face. Eun Mi pulled her sunglasses away from her eyes and rested them on top of her head. It had been a year since we last saw Onew's sister. She would send us greeting cards frequently from wherever she was filming at. Last time we heard from Eun Mi was when she arrived at Busan for a movie shooting. 

"We're flying to NYC for a small vacation," Miyoung said happily, "I'm guessing you have a filming in New York?"

Eun Mi shook her head, "Not this time, but I'm preparing for one. I'm working with Super Junior this time!" 

As Eun Mi and Miyoung quietly talked about what was going on in their lives, I took the chance to reflect a little. Behind me Onew and Jenny happily helped passengers. Seven years ago, on a plane just like this one, Miyoung and I met each other. Together, we met Onew, Eun Mi, and Jenny.

Again, the deja vu flew into my mind.

We were reliving our flight from seven years ago, the only difference is that we all were united. The five of us were together. We called each other friends and even spent holidays together. Seven years ago, any sign of being united was an impossible thought. 

All of us were now living our lives happily. Miyoung and I created our family. Our bundle of joy, Mihyun, sat right next to us. Eun Mi has become one of the top actresses in the country. You could probably call her a Hallyu Star now. Onew and Jenny lived a happy life as well. I heard that they have plans of getting married. I also heard that Jenny may be pregnant!

No matter how many of us want to deny it, the flight changed our lives for the better. 

"Passengers, please make sure your seatbelts are buckled. We will be departing soon."

I grabbed Miyoung's hand. She stared at me with curious eyes. "I just didn't want you to be scared for the take off," I said. 

Miyoung looked down at our intertwined hands. She smiled at it while holding Mihyun's hand. She looked at me and kissed my cheek, "You'll always be there won't you?"

I nodded,

Miyoung gripped my hand tighter, "Of course, because you're My On Flight Boyfriend."


FOR THE LAST TIME, I want to say:

 

READERS & SUBSCRIBERS are the BOMBBB!

COMMENTERS are the SHIZZZ! (;

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING! 

wait, a final thank you is in the next chapter (: