Disaster

Angel's Fate

 

The day of the opening ceremony finally came. You were filled with nervousness and anxiety. Pacing back and forth backstage you tried to calm yourself. *Breathe ________, all you have to do is sing your heart out.* 

Many people were running around trying to get everything ready and perfect. It was quite loud just for a ceremony. You felt that you weren't needed so decided to go out to the garden for fresh air. With the cold weather the past weeks, you were surprised that today was a warm and sunny day. You sat down on the grass and started to play with all the flowers surrounding you. 

You deeply sighed and let yourself daze off. You didn't notice when there was a shadow standing in front of you, blocking the sunlight. 

You thought that it was just someone who wanted to 'get some fresh air' like you so you didn't think too much of it. Just then, the person tapped you on your shoulder.

Your eyes met with the stranger's as you looked up. You saw that it was a tall, skinny guy. He didn't seem old and looked cute with a tie on. 

"Are you _________?" The stranger asked. 

"Yes"

"The ceremony will be starting soon. They want you backstage." He explained. You nodded in understanding but didn't move an inch. He noticed and was about to explain again just in case you didn't hear. But instead, he hesitated but sat down next to you. "Why are you still sitting here?" 

You lowered your head and played with the flowers once more. "Um... I don't really want to sing" 

He chuckled at your ridiculous answer. "Stage fright I see..." You were about to speak but he cut you off. "If you didn't want to sing. Why did you apply to this school? If you have stage fright you shouldn't have volunteered to do this ceremony in the first place." He spoke with a serious voice. 

You looked a little hurt with his words, but you understood where he was coming from. You turned your head towards him, "Thank you, I needed that." 

"Glad I could help. I'm Gongchan by the way." He smiled.

You were flustered with his dazzling smile, but manage to say something back. "I'm ________, but i guess you already knew that" 

Both of you locked gaze with each other. *Her eyes are beautiful* Gongchan thought but shook his head quickly to get rid of the thought. *What am i thinking? Focus! Ceremony!* 

He broke the silence with a cough. "Ready to go in?" He hoped you would say yes so he wouldn't get in trouble. You slowly nodded. Both of you walked in and saw that the auditorium was filled with families and friends for the people who were performing. 

"Good luck on your performance." Gongchan waved and gave you a V sign before running to the back. 

You reluctantly walked backstage to get ready. A few minutes later, the ceremony had already started. People were loudly clapping as each performer finished.

You peered out from behing the red curtains hoping (for a miracle) that your parents were sitting in the audience like everyone else. But of course they were dead, they wouldn't be there.

But your eyes caught a few hands waving from the back. You waved back when you saw that it was Seulki and Hyunyoung. They pumped their fist up in the air and shouted "FIGHTING~!". Your faced turned red, and they got a few complaints from the people around them. 

You slipped back to your spot and waited for your turn. Too soon, you were already walking up on the stage to start your performance. With the confidence you received from your friends earlier, you were determined to do great.

From the moment you opened your mouth and started, the whole room became silent right away. Everyone was in awe by your angelic voice. Some girl in the audience whispered back and forth about how good you were and how they wanted to be you. You were happy that you were doing well. But that happiness went away quickly when you felt your heels slipping. 

Within seconds you were on the ground. You groan loudly when you could feel that your ankle was probably sprained again. Laughter started building up in the background. Embarassed, you manage to get yourself up and limp out of the auditorium. 

*What... What just happened?* 

Sandeul and Baro ran out after you. Calling your name several times but you couldn't hear very well. Tears threatened to fall out of your eyes any moment and the laughters kept repeating itself in your head. 

Gongchan didn't know why he was out of his chair and on the stage checking to see what went wrong. He leaned down at the place where you had slipped and fell. 

*This is water!* His eyes widen. *There shouldn't be any water on this stage! I checked it over and over again a few minutes ago!*.

And with that he ran after you. He didn't know why. He had no connection to you, nothing to do with you, but he felt like you were his responsibility. He urged his legs to run faster just to make sure you were ok. 

 

--------
 

Did you like the chapter? I had some time to update! YAYY! Oh, i also noticed i reached over 150 subs. Thank you soo much for all of you guys support! Enjoy :D 

 

Ugh. I need to stop procrastinating. I'm sorry for not editing this story in forever. I should go die. //hides in a hole. You can go hate on me, I deserve it. And 150? Oh wow. I'm so happy! ^^