Childhood Friend? Or Lovers?

Angel's Fate

"Then what's important?" You said, a hint of anger in your voice, but you didn't notice even though he did. "The important thing is that I'm here to take back the girl I love"   

"W-Wha.... What?!" 

---------------

"Stop spewing stupid things after you just arrived here," You said with an annoyed tone and slapped his arm. Junhyung pouted and rubbed the sore area, "Owwie~ Look what you did. Now you have to kiss it." He whined in the cutest baby voice. You rolled your eyes but didn't do anything about the 'pain' he was having.   

"I thought you were a badass... but truth is that you're a softie still, even when we were young" The corner of your mouth curved up into a small smile. Even so, you were still angry at the fact that he was back and with this embarrassing confession of his.   

Junhyung your hair and curled a strand behind one of your ear. His fingers trailed down to your cheeks, lingering over longer than needed and stared at how beautiful you had gotten since he was gone.

Your silky smooth skin was shiny, with sparkling eyes complimenting your long brown hair. Just a few minutes ago, you could've sworn that he could kill someone, but now his expression showed a gentle and loving one. His famous grin was gone, replacing it with a cute cheeky smile that didn't really seem to fit his face, but you had grown use to it.   

His two hands cupped your face around your chubby cheeks. "I missed you _________-ah. I really did... Seeing you again made me regret my decision of leaving." He bumped foreheads with you and comfortably rested there. A sincere tone that he would only use towards you was heard, and he could feel his cheeks getting warm.  

You stared into his eyes before pouting and pushed his head back with a light flick. "Oppa. What are you doing? Stop joking with me. I'm still angry at you" You turned your head and crossed your arms over your chest.

He smiled and ruffled your head. *Even when I'm being sincere and confessed to you..* Chuckling as he thought at how dense you were been towards his feelings, he said, "You're the same as ever"   

You ignored his words and was about to turn around to go find Seulki and Hyunyoung, when he suddenly grabbed onto your arms, and with a strong pull, you were back in his arms.   

"Forgive me. For leaving you when you needed me most. For not telling you. For cutting off all ties with you. For not calling. For not being there for you. For not taking care of you. For only coming back now. For--- Should I continue?" You nodded but were smiling contently. Junhyung held you tighter and nuzzled his face in your soft hair and that vanilla smell that he had missed. "I'm sorry _______-ah. I'll make it up to you. I promise..." His voice came out shakier than he had intended, but at the moment, he didn't really care.   

"I know oppa. I'll make sure that you pay me back for those 3 long years." You pulled back and smiled brightly. Without you knowing, his heart was speeding up faster and was working harder than it had for the past few years.   

*... I feel like I'm gonna explode. This girl, does she know that she's making THE Junhyung crazy again just because of one smile?!* He clutched his chest, trying; more like, forcefully hoping it would slow down.  

The truth was, you and Junhyung had been friends since you were in preschool. He was and always had been a troublemaker. Even as a kid, he would always take other kids' toys and hid it away so he could have it for himself to play later. And the teachers scolded him when he would make the other kids cry when he didn't want to get off the only single swing that was available in the playground.  

But when one day, you spoke up and wanted to ride it too, since you were curious to why the swing was so fun. Junhyung, a stubborn kid, said no. With a dazzling smile even back then, you made his heart beat fast in his 5 years old chest, and asked, "Then can I push you? I want to play with you~ come come"   

After the exchange of friendship, Junhyung followed you everywhere. To be honest, you were each other's first friend. He was a weak child when he was small, always catching colds easily and residing in bed for most of his childhood up to middle school. You always played with him, never leaving his side, even when he argued and complained that he would transfer his germs over to you. Junhyung's mom didn't really like how his son was asociating with a lower class family, but didn't say anything about it.   

"Hey! Where are you going now?!" Junhyung pondered. He didn't want you to leave so soon. He just got there, and wanted to spend some time with his best friend. "Lunch?" You shyly giggled and pointed to your growling stomach, "And plus, I have classes in the afternoon and I can't miss that."   

He chuckled and pulled on your hand to stopped your feet from walking any further. "I knew this would happen. So that's why I asked headmaster to give you a free pass today!" He sang cheerfully. "EH?! What did you do now you idiot!!"   

"Didn't I tell you that you're showing me around?" Junhyung couldn't help but smile at how cute your little temper tantrum was. He tried to supress himself not to laugh out loud, but failed horribly. You twitched with a little annoyance and sighed, "Come on oppa." You pulled him along, as you showed him around the large school.   

During the way, he offered to carry your bag since he noticed how difficult it was for you. "Miss tour guide-shi~ why are we here?" Junhyung asked, when you led him through a couple flight from the emergency escape stairway and up onto the roof of the school.

It was a large area and was fenced of by the edge so that no one would get hurt, but no one really go up here so the whole purpose of it is useless. "Well so you could hide here when you skip classes. You like to sit and look at the sky up on the rooftop don't you oppa?"   

"Ahh you still remember!! I'm touched." He pretended to wipe away an invisible tear and sniffled.   

Next, you showed him your favorite place among the school: the school garden that was behind the auditorium. You sniffed in the fresh air and felt content. "This is the garden. You're allowed to hang out here whenever you like. I especially like this place." You cutely titled your head and looked at all the pretty flowers that were still in bloom. He stared at how innocent you were and a large grin spread across his face. *If only you could see me as more than a big brother...*   

"________-ah~ show me your dorm!" At his request you gave him a weird look but obliged and led the way.  

 It was a good thing that Sandeul also had some afternoon classe,s or it would've be hard to explain to him about Junhyung. He step inside and evaluated the place. He looked inside the cupboard, fridge, rooms, and bathroom. "Well at least you're eating right and you're still the neat freak I knew" Junhyung teased and squeezed your cheeks. "So do you like your roomate? How is she treating you?"   

"Oh! I share a place with 2 other people unlike everyone else. And they're really nice! Sandeul oppa and Baro oppa are their names." You informed him, not even hesitating and was clueless to the fact that Junhyung's blood was boiling.   

"WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU SHARING A ROOM WITH TWO GUYS?!" He shook you until you were dizzy. "Junhyung oppa~ please calm down. They're both very kind!"   

But with your words, he was still uneasy at the fact that you, an innocent girl, was sharing a room with two hormonal males. Junhyung growled and felt like punching the stupid idiot that thought of the mere idea of a girl living together with guys.

*While I was away for 3 years. Were you safe? Did you meet people that were able to protect you when I couldn't?* He thought. Still fuming, he locked eyes with you. He let out an exasperated sigh and pulled you into the tightest hug in the world. You were squished between his hard chest, broad shoulders and his strong muscular arms.   

"What's with you today and hugging? You usually didn't do this when we were little" Squirming a little, you tried to get out, but his grip was too strong. Then, he used that serious voice he rarely used but when he did, you knew it was best not to fight it.

"You idiot... I don't like the fact that you live with two guys. But if you trust them that much, then I believe you" He finally let go and you gave him a puzzled look, but didn't ask since you knew he was just caring about you.   

"I also made some friends. I'll introduce you to them soon!" You giggled. "Is this really the ________ I know?! This shy girl that didn't have a friend until you found me?"   

"Yah! I was also your first friend, you loner!" You stuck your tongue out and he laughed at how childish you were being.   

*I was wrong... You've changed a lot haven't you? I'm no longer your oppa. You even have 2 others and you've made friends. I'm happy... But it feels like you're already far ahead from me* He thought with a sad expression on his face as he gaze at you but you didn't notice.   

"_________----? Oh! Who are you? What's that guy doing in here?!" Both of you turned around to see Sandeul standing at the doorway. "Are you cheating on Baro?!"   

"SANDEUL! Ahh! No! This isn't what it looks like!"