Not Saying Goodbye

Angel's Fate

 

"I'm... leaving." His voice was sad as he said the two words.   

Your eyes popped out of your sockets with your mouth wide open. Your legs started wobbling. You were afraid that you wouldn't be able to hold yourself up, so you back tracked, somehow finding the couch, and sat down.

"L-Leaving? Where?" Your voice cracked a bit.   

Baro let out a heavy sigh before he took a seat on the floor in front of you. He could see a lot of sadness and confusion in your eyes which was hurting him even more. He took your hands in his and gave it a little squeeze before retelling you what happened in the office.   


[Flashback]   

Baro had arrived 3 minutes after the announcement came on that told him to come to the office. The atmosphere was tense as he sat down in one of the chairs provided. His foot tapped in an impatient manner. His eyes travel to the clock that was hung above the potted plant near the door.

Funny... just a few minutes ago you guys were surrounded by plants. He smiled at the thought and let his mind wander, making him even more anxious.   

Someone cleared their throat. He looked up to see an old man, maybe around his 60s, pursing his lip into a thin line. "You may go in now, Mr.Cha" He thought it was strange the way the man looked at him but waved it away. He ended up just nodding and following him into a medium size room.   

The office was still an unfamiliar territory for him since it was probably only his second time being inside it. The old man left through the door afterwards, only leaving him with the headmaster.

"Hello headmaster. What's the reason for calling me?" Baro ask curiously.   

She smiled slightly before pushing her chair out under her and stood up, suprising Baro. "There's someone on the line for you. I'll leave you alone to talk" She informed him, walked over, and closed the door behind her.   

The latter leaned over the desk and picked up the old fashion phone. An audible sound of someone breathing could be heard on the other side."Yeboseyo?"   

"How have things been?"   

"Dad?!" He recognized the husky low voice that matched his right away. A small chuckle emitted and he knew his dad was amused at the obvious question. "Things are fine here-- great actually."  

There was a small silence between the two but then his dad spoke again, "Good to hear son... Good to hear".   

"What is it appa?! You didn't just call to ask me how my school life is" Baro fidgited with the cord impatiently. He wanted his dad to finish whatever that he had to say since he wanted to get back to you as soon as possible.   

"I need you to come to Japan." His dad's voice turned serious, replacing the gentle tone. "It's not gonna be a permanent stay, only three months, tops!"  

"Wait... Did you just say THREE MONTHS?!" He interrupted his father. He pinched himself, hoping that this wasn't real and just a mere dream. But sadly, it left a dark red mark on his arm, hurting a lot. 

"I know you don't want to leave your friends behind and leave for 3 months but your aunt is in the hospital here." He explained, his voice a bit more urgent than before. Baro could picture his dad dealing with paperwork while his assistant is telling him about his busy schedule for the day.   

"Why is aunty at the hospital there instead of over here?"   

"I just don't have the time to come and go to check on her anymore so I just transferred her over to a hospital here."

*Then why do I have to go?!* Baro thought. It seemed like his dad read his mind as he continued, "The company is going into the busy season right now. And I can't just send my co-workers to check up on how shes doing."   

"But---"   

"No buts young man. I need you to be here. I already prepared your tickets which is for early tomorrow morning, and I had a talk with your headmaster and she already prepared the work that you would need to make up."   

Baro wanted to object to everything is dad was telling to him to do, but of course it wasn't a choice. He let out a big sigh to try to calm himself.  *What about _________?! I can't just leave her...*  

"Do you understand?" His dad repeated the question that he didn't hear before. He nodded but remembered that he couldn't see him and replied with a "Neh..." before ending the call with a click.   

[End of flashback]  


You were staring blankly at the wall, eyes distant and trying to process what was happening. *He's leaving... Tomorrow... This can't be happening* You kept shaking your head, trying to get rid of the wretched thought but it stuck like glue.   

A sudden feeling on your hand sent tingles up your arms. You looked to see Baro's thumb brushing your hand lightly, going in the same pattern; back and forth along the back of your palm. A smile appeared on your face and all thoughts of him leaving vanished.   

"Wanna go out?" Baro suddenly asked. His two big, beautiful orbs stared at you, making you jittery.

You tilted your head a little to the side, giving him a confused look. "Huh?" He stood up, pulling you on your feet with him.   

Still holding onto your hand, he leaned in, nose touching yours. "I said let's go out. I know a great place. Come on" You gulped. You could feel his hot breath near your mouth as he said each word.

You leaned back just a little to have enough room to breath. "Be careful ________-ah" He quickly placed his free hand behind your back, preventing you from falling.   

"Shouldn't w-we get going to the pl-place you were talking about?" You made an excuse and slipped out of his hold. You walked out of the dorm touching your heated face. "Yah! Wait for me~" Baro grabbed his jacket, the keys, and ran out of the dorm after you.   

You were already sitting in the passenger seat as Baro hopped into the car. "Isn't this Jiyoung oppa's car?" You peered around, intriqued by every little thing. "Yeah, I asked to borrow it from him. Ready to go?" He turned the engine on and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Oppa... Do you know how to drive?" You warily glanced over at him. "Just hope I don't crash" He gave you a wink before turning the gear to drive and sped onto the road. Your hand clutched onto the seat belt just in case but luckily, neither you nor the car was damaged.

The ride was long and silent and you softly slept in your seat. When the car arrived at the destination, Baro nudged you awake. "_________-ah~ Wake up, we're here." He cooed, caressing your silky, smooth skin.   

"W-What....?" You sheepishly said, tried to raise yourself up. You cutely rubbed your eyes with a pout on your lips. *Control yourself Baro... Look away from those kissable lips.* Baro thought. He forced himself to tear his gaze away your red, plump lips and helped you out of the car.   

The question that you wanted to ask was obvious, "Where are we?" but when you heard the sound of seagulls flying around, the smell of salt in the air as you walked closer, the crashing of the waves, and the soft sand under you as you sat down next to Baro, you knew where you were.  

"Why the beach of all places?" You wondered. Baro stared at the beautiful sunset in front of his eyes.

The light hit the water in a way that made it shimmer. He looked up at the orange/red sky before answering, "This was my mother's favorite place to go to..." His voice trailed off, reminiscing the happy memories they shared together.   

You moved over and laid your head in the crook of his neck. You hugged his arm and stared at the sunset, admiring its beauty. "Your mom would be proud of you, oppa." Your voice was a comfort to his aching heart right now. You knew exactly how he was feeling. Just the thought of your own parents would leave you sobbing in tears.   

He sniffed and wiped his tears away, remembering that today was supposed to be a happy and tear-free day. Baro turned towards you. He kissed the nearest thing to him, which was your forehead, and mumbled "I'm happy to be here with you"

Your heart rate sped up, beating faster and faster. You removed yourself from his shoulder and you were about to give him a small peck on the cheek, when the tide started rolling in and a huge wave crashed on top of the two of you.   

You blinked. Baro eyes stared wide open,and he looked at you, who was now soaking wet from head to toe. He let out a hysterical laugh that he was trying so hard to keep in. Soon you let out a giggle when you saw that he was seriously soaked too. He got up, dusted the remaining sand off his wet pants, wrung out his hat, and held out a hand for you to hold. You gladly took it.   

"Come on, let's get some new clothes before you become sick" Baro suggested and pulled out towards the sidewalk (away from the beach) which were filled with stores after stores of food, clothes and whatnot. People gave you guys weird looks and some even added comments but you just ignored it.   

The closest store that Baro was able to find was a couple store. He shrugged and pulled you in since his socks were now feeling slightly uncomfortable to walk in. You gawked at all of the cute things. A clerk led you toward a huge varieties of rack with couple shirts. You browsed around looking through all of them.   

"_________-ah! What about this?!" He held up a pair of shirts. You shook your head at the first one, the second, and the third pair he showed you.   

"Oh! Oppa~" At the sound of your angel like voice, his attention turn right to you. His mouth gaped at the shirts you were showing him.

The guys version was just a normal t-shirt but the girls was a strapless shirt which only ended probably by your bellybutton. "So what do you think oppa?" You asked again.   

He shook his head so hard it seemed like it would've fall off. "Absolutely not! Too revealing!" He nagged. He couldn't even picture you wearing it... Or he just didn't want to. *I can't let every guy on the street gawk at her! She's mine and mine only* He told himself.   

Finally, both of you ended up deciding on a pair of sweatshirts since the night air was getting chilly outside and Baro wanted you to feel comfortable. In the front (girl ver.) in big font it said 'I belong with him'/(guy ver.) it said 'She's mine!' on the other side. If the two were put together, it would become a big heart.   

Along with the black sweater, you picked out a short, white ruffle skirt, while Baro had the opposite, white sweater with black pants. He also let out his hair instead of wearing another hat. You didn't notice till now that his hair was blonde since it was always hidden in his hat.   

Baro paid for the clothes and had ask them to throw away your old ones. Hand in hand, you guys walked out of the store. Other people looked at you guys with envy seeing such a cute and happy couple. He pulled you closer, taking in that familiar smell of you.  

"Oppa! Look!" You pointed to an ice cream shop you had spotted near the pier. "ICECREAM! Come on oppa~ I'm craving for some" You pulled on his arm towards the place. He laughed at your cute and childishness behavior.   

You grabbed a table in front of the big glass window and plopped down. "What flavor do you want _________-ah?" Baro asked.

"Vanilla please!" You beamed brightly.

Baro chuckled and went to buy it while you sat and rest your legs since both of you had been walking all day. He came back with two cones in his hand. Handing the left one to you, he his chocolate flavored one.   

Your smiled turned into a big grin as you started to devour the delicious and creamy desert. "Haha slow down or you'll get a brain freeze!" He warned. But it was too late, it was gone in mere seconds.

You giggled and your lips trying to get any leftover icecream off. Baro's eyes were locked on you, making it a bit awkward. "What...? Do I have something on my face?!" You started touching your face just to make sure.   

"Here..." He started to lean in, wiping away the last place in the corner of your lips that you had missed. "What are you do--?" You asked but was interrupted by Baro's soft lips on yours.

He pulled away but still left a little space between you two. "Yum! My favorite flavor~" He sang. Your cheeks were showing a light tint of pink and you pushed him back, laughing.   

When you had finished, the sky already turned dark. The lights were brightly lit at the edge of the pier overlooking the water. Just like you, other couples were appearing everywhere. "It's getting late. Ready to go?" Baro asked. You hesitated to answer.

Your gaze fell on the calm water and then back to his face. You could clearly detect his sad expression on his face but he tried his best to hide it. Thinking about what was going to happen after today, you wanted to say no and tell him to stay, but you knew it wasn't possible. You just silently nodded and he led you back to the car.   

Before you could get on, he suddenly pull you into a tight hug. You didn't argue but just snuggled into his warm chest. "Promise me something _______..." You peered at him with curiosity waiting for him to continue, "Promise me that you'll wait for me 'till I get back"

A smile spread on your lips, "I'll wait for you oppa, wait till you come back" You promised him.   

He twirled a piece of your hair with his finger. "I'm not gonna say goodbye 'cause I know I will see you again. So I will see you later in three months" He softly whispered in your ear. He cupped your face, caressing your smooth skin. He searched your eyes and gave you a heart stopping smile.   

"I'll miss you..." He said, giving you his last (not really haha xD) passionate kiss for you to remember him by. 

 
 

-------------
 
I tried making this chapter as long as i could since i will being going away tomorrow and won't be able to update! Hope you liked it :D