The Car Accident

Angel's Fate

“Umma, when are we going to go back and visit grandpa?” You leaned forward where you were seated; in the back seats.

 

Your mom patted your hair down and wrapped a stranded piece around your ear. She lifted into a sad smile but quickly answered, "Whenever you're off school."

 

If she had been sad, you didn't really notice. But you'd taken note of how she had been a bit off lately with everything. The wrinkles around her eyes had deepened and she tended to furrow her brows together much often, mostly because of her frustration whenever she came home.

 

"Will grandpa get better?"

 

You'd known that your beloved grandpa had been sick for a while now. You visited him several times at his home and once even in the hospital. But he had promised to get better and teach you how to make some new cookies. You knew he always kept a promise. So he had to this time, right?

 

Once again you saw that smile but you didn't want to ask, afraid of what might be said. So your mom just patted your hair, "Of course he will honey. Now lay back and relax, it'll be a long while till we get home" She kissed your temple before you drew back and sank into the leathery seat.

 

Did you mention that your grandpa's house was about 2 hours away? You left right after dinner ended and been in the car for a while now. You guessed that it wasn't going to take much time until you reached your house.

 

When you did, you could hop into your newly bought jammies and jump into bed. It was only a week until middle school started for you. You wanted to treasure the last few days of waking up late.

 

You propped your arm up and allowed your head to rest while staring out the window as the trees pass by quickly, one after another. Your attention flickered over to the droplets of water that were stuck on the window pane.

 

Some of them didn't seem to move one inch. But most got interrupted by others simply because they were in one another's way while trailing down the glass.

 

The pitter patter of the rain had been going on for a while now. You loved it whenever it rained. The smell and the sound could lull you to a peaceful sleep easily.

 

Your dad peered into the rearview mirror, to only see that you were practically half asleep. He chuckled but felt elated seeing his beautiful daughter. Your mom grabbed his available hand that was on the gear shift and gave it a light squeeze.

 

You grumbled something unintelligent before peeking one eye open. "Appa... I'm hungry." You could hear your stomach growling and pretty sure your parents could clearly too.

 

He let out a small laugh before pointing somewhere at the misty road. "There's a stop up ahead soon. We'll stop for some ice cream, k?"

 

"Ice cream sounds good!"

 

You instantly perked up at the mention of the delicious treats. It reminded you of a time when you loved ice cream so much that you wanted to get several gallons of iton the way home from a long trip.

 

It backfired where your stomach hurt and threw up in the car. The stain that was left was still slightly visible on the floor where you sat.

 

With a huge grin on your face, you were practically jumping up and down with joy, wanting your dad to go faster.

 

"Honey slow down a bit" Your mom warned.

 

The rain wasn't letting up anytime soon. It only seemed to get worse and worse. There was thunder and lightning every 5 minutes, and the road up ahead was getting mistier by the second.

 

He made a turn into an exit. The car jerked and swerved a little more to the right than was intended. Your dad tried to get the car back in control, but the tires lost its traction, not able to find a grip on the slippery road.

 

With no warning, the car flipped over, srnding you slamming into the other side of the car and back again as it makes several turns. The car finally ended upside down on the side of the road.  

 

Your head made contact against the window pane. You groaned and slumped down and felt your head throb. It was scarily quiet in the car as you tried to sit up but felt sluggish all over. Everything was swaying back and forth.

 

Trying to shake the dizziness away, you manage to crawl up to your parents seat. “Umma, are you ok?”

 

In the corner of your eye, you caught sight of your dad all bloodied up and battered. You gasped and choked on your tears that were threatening to pour out. “A-Appa..?” Your voice quivered. He didn’t answer and didn’t seem to be breathing either.

 

“Umma! UMMA! Are you ok?!” You turn to the woman lying still in the passenger seat. Your heart sunk when you saw that she wasn’t moving and thought the worst. “Umma, Umma… please open your eyes!”

 

Her head was dripping with blood and cracked pretty badly. Tears were already flowing down your face, not having any reason to keep it at bay. Slowly, her eyes opened but her brown orbs seem lifeless as she looked up at your face.

 

“Oh my… beautiful baby” She reached up her shaking hand to wipe away the tears on your cheeks. “Don’t cry honey, I'll be alright” Your mom winced and put her hand back into her purse, pulling out her phone and putting it into your hand.

 

“Call the police honey, go on." You shook your head not wanting to look away one minute from your mother.

 

Tears were clouding your sight and you wiped them away. Your mom groaned and touched your cheeks one last time, giving you her loving smile, before closing her eyes.

 

“No umma!” You yelled and buried your face into your hands.

 

You didn’t know when you had dialed the number for the police but they came minutes later and pulled you out of the car. You struggled in the arms of the police, wanting to go back to the side of your parents, but they were relentless.

 

You shut your ears as you sat in the back of the ambulance as you tried to drown out that awful sound coming from the police car that was being produced. It sounded as though it was getting louder and louder each second.

 

The thought of your parents' face popped in your head, making your heart sink even more.

 

“NOO!” You opened your eyes and screamed.

 

Gasping for air, you stared up at the white ceiling bright with lights. You were breaking out in sweat, but felt a warm feeling around your hand. Your head turned to see Baro’s head lying next to your arm with one of his hand laced with yours.

 

“... _________ …” He muttered under his breath.

 

“Oppa?” You whispered and groaned with fact that your throat dried out.

 

Baro shifted back and forth before looking up, “_______!! Are you ok?”

 

You tried to push yourself up from the bed but winced when your head felt heavy again. “You shouldn’t push yourself” Baro helped you lay back down with a concerned look on his worried face.

 

“What happened?”

 

“We were helping Junhyung and you collapsed” He sat, dabbing your sweat that was glistening down your face with a soft towel.

 

“That’s right! How is Junhyung oppa!?” You shot up again but was quickly back on the bed.

 

“Hey, take it easy”

 

“Where am I?” You looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings.

 

You finally noticed that your arm was attached to an IV needle that was connected to a computer tracking your pulse. “The hospital. I was so worried that you weren’t going to ever wake up again.”


Your head was throbbing again and soon, the sound of Baro’s voice disappeared, as your eyes felt like they were into a pit of darkness.

 

 

------------

I'm sorry for this long wait on a chapter but i'm happy to say i will finish this very soon :) Thanks for the patience!