Spending The Night

Angel's Fate

 

You rummaged through your fridge, looking for something to eat. *Aish... I should've went to the store ealier!* You rubbed your stomach and pouted.

The clock showed that it was 10, so you decided to make a quick trip for ramen. You grabbed your money and made sure to grab your keys, and before walking out, you locked the door. 

The night sky was clear and the moon was out. It wasn't cold, but the wind was blowing, making you rub your arms. The walk from your house to the ramen shop wasn't very far. It was just around the corner, next to a small convience store. 

You sat down at a small table. A girl, about your height, came up to you and brightly smiled. "Hello!" She bowed a little. "What can I get for you?" 

"Can I get ramen with eggs but no green onions please." You told her. She bowed again and left. Not before long, she came back with a piping hot bowl of ramen for you. "Thank you. I'll eat it well." You smiled and picked up your chopsticks as she left. 

While eating, you stared at the big window in front of you. You saw that there was a night market set up across the street. *Hm... I should check it out after i finish*

After finishing, you paid the girl and walked out the door. "Come again!" The girl yelled and waved her arms. 

You decided to pick up a few things in the convience store before going to the night market. You bought some ramen cups, milk in tons of different flavors, and some other things that you needed. You crossed the street towards the bright night market. 

You looked around the booths that were selling clothes, foods, and many other things. You reached a small little booth where they were selling a lot of cute cell phone chains. You scanned all of the cute chains until you saw a chubby squirrel. You reached out and grabbed it and someone else also grabbed it at the same time as you.Your head instantly turned around to see who it was. 

"You..." Baro pointed, speechless. He let go of the chain right away and cleared his throat. "What are you doing out here late at night?" 

"Me?! What about you?" You emphasized on the 'you' part. 

Both of you held up your bags and said at the same time, "Groceries!" You broke into laughter and Baro followed. 

"How have---" 

"Excuse me..." The lady at the booth interrupted Baro "Are you going to buy that for your girlfriend or not?" 

You waved your hand frantically, "Ahh no he's not my boyfriend!" You paid the lady and walked away with Baro, embarassed. 

"As I was saying... How have you been?" He repeated again.

Your eyes moved from his eyes to your feet. Awkward-ness filled the air while you both walked through the bustling night market. You pondered in your thoughts about what to say. Your mind told you to say "It's been a horrible week! I want to come back and see all of my friends again!" But you couldn't bring yourself to do it. 

Instead, you blurted out a single answer, "Good." 

"Well we all miss you -- I miss you." He uttered the last part to himself. 

"Huh? Did you say something?" You asked. He quickly shook his head, took your hand, and dragged you along. 

Both of you enjoyed the night life. You and Baro looked around at different booths to see what they were selling. There was even a booth where a person was carving candles. It was quite fascinating and you wanted to buy one but you spent your last bit of money on the phone chain and didn't want to trouble Baro. Soon you both arrived at the last booth way down the road from where you started. 

"That was tiring! My legs hurt" You whined. 

"Don't complain to me if you don't get enough exercise." Baro laughed, amused at your cute self. He took his phone out and looked at the time. "THE SCHOOL GATE!" 

"....." You just stared at him, a bit confused. 

"I'll explain later, but now... RUN!" He grabbed ahold of your hand and started to run like the wind. You were having difficulties keeping up. You fell a couple times but no scratches. 

Both of you reached the school. It looked so scary and empty without people walking around. You nervously glanced around to make sure that there weren't any or 'weird' people around. 

"AISH! Stupid gate..." Baro shook the tall gate a few times, thinking maybe if he shook it hard enough it'll open. But sadly, it barely moved. 

"What about Sandeul? Can't you call him?" You suggested. 

He just shook his head. "When the gate close you can't come in or out... no matter what." He sigh and leaned on the gate. 

You pouted. *What do we do now?*.

A cold wind blew past you making you shiver since you were only wearing a thin jacket and a t-shirt underneath. "Yah _________ go home. It's late, cold, and you're tired." Baro commanded.

"What are you going to do?" 

"Stay here till they open the gate" 

"What?! Are you crazy?" Your eyes widen. "You'll get sick, you won't make it till morning, what will happen if someone comes and kidnaps you, ...." You continued to list the possiblities that could happen to him. 

"Ok mom," he joked, "I won't stay here. But where can I go?" 

You thought it over and said, "You can spend the night at my house."

".... WHAT?! A-Are you sure...?" He was taken aback at your answer. 

"Well... yea. It was my fault you're stuck out here, so it's the least I could do." You assured him. You pointed the direction and motioned him to follow you. He unwillingly followed since he didn't want to stay outside all night.