Being Late Improves Your Chances of Winning

Angel's Fate

 

RINGG RINGG! Your alarm clock rang loudly. You stirred in bed until you suddenly remembered that you had an audition today. Your eyes widened and shot out of bed.

“Aish i’m late.” You yelled out in frustration as you glanced at the clock.

You jumped out of bed and ran towards the bathroom to wash up. You didn't know what to wear so you just randomly grabbed something from your closet. 

You quickly put on your shoes and ran out of the house. You ran past a few stores until you arrived at 'The Elite University of Arts'. It was big as the airport (in your eyes). 

As far as you know, the school is divided into two campuses. One of them is Seokgwan and the other was Seocho. You were trying out for Seocho because your parents had gone there when they were your age. Both of the campuses have a Music, Dance, Film/TV, and Drama department. They have been in competition since the school was built. 

You walked towards the huge auditorium where they were holding the auditions for new students. You were amazed at how big it was compare to your other schools. The stage was extended out towards the seats, and there was even a second level.

About half of the auditorium was filled with people who hoped they could get in. There was people practicing with their singing, dancing, and acting everywhere. There was even a few girls surrounded in a circle holding hands, praying. 

Everyone was interrupted as the sound of clicking heels, follow by the shuffling of a few more pairs of feet behind, walking up on the stage. Everyone scrambled around trying to find a seat to sit down. You were surprised by the sudden rush, but managed to get a seat in the second row. 

"Welcome everyone who's auditioning to Seocho. Here, we divide you by your talent, not age. You will now be passed out a number. When your number is called, please follow one of the personnel over by the stage. They will take you to the judging room. When your performance is over we will tell you if you've passed or failed. People who have failed, please do go to the exit on the side and leave." The woman wearing all black said. Everyone stiffened as they were listening, the room was getting more tense. 

The woman stepped up a little towards on the stage and continued "You will be put into classes depending on how talented you are. Starting from class 12A, which is the normal class, or as the students here like to call them; the rookies. To 12D which is the most talented students. You all know that the dorms are also divided by talents and departments. There is a special talent dorm, dorm 505. But let me warn you, there are only 2 students in there right now. I hope you guys all try your hardest. Thank you!"

The woman left the room as the four men that were on stage with her went down and passed out numbers to everyone. 

"Number 50.." you whispered to yourself. 

Before anyone could take a breather, number 1 was called right away. You watched as a girl that was quite skinny, had a good figure, and blonde hair in a ponytail got up and walked over to the judging room slowly. In about 5 mins, the girl came back out. Everyone was silent, you looked at her and could see the tears in her eyes. Then, number two was called as the first girl was walking towards the exit. 

"Being the first one must be hard!" the shorter girl sitting beside you said. She had black hair also in a ponytail. 

Didn't know what to say, you just nodded your head. You sighed slightly. She noticed this and turned her head over and gave you a friendly smile. 

"Hi, my name's Seulki, Lee Seulki." she gave you a small bow.

"Hello, I'm _________, nice to meet you." you returned her bow, and gave her a little smile. You were always shy around new people. Heck, you were always shy. 

"Number 8!"

There was a little silence between you guys until she decided to break the awkwardness.

"What are you auditioning for? I'm here for the Film department." she asked. 

Seulki leaned her head to the side as she waited for your answer. 

"Oh… the Music department." you replied. 

Her eyes widen and started jumping up and down. "Can you sing me something?" 

Your face started turning red at the sudden request. You shook your head slightly, still embarrassed at the thought of singing in public. 

Seulki's joy expression turned into a sad one as she sat in her chair, pouting. 

Several numbers were called when you were talking to Seulki. It was already up to 35. You were getting more nervous as the man continued calling more numbers. The people who were walking out was either jumping up and down with joy, or crying their eyes out. 

"Number 49." 

You watched as the girl you just met was getting out of her seat. She turned back to you mouthing the word "Fighting!" and hitting her fist into the air. You nodded and gave her a smile, letting her know that you were wishing her luck. 

As you sat there before you would get call in. You kept practicing the song that you were going to sing over and over again in your head. Afraid that if you sang aloud, other people around you were going to hear. 

Then the sound of the doors from the judging room clicked as Seulki was walking out with a huge smile plastered onto her face. She sat down over to the right with all of the other students who passed. You were relieved that she got in. Now it was your turn. You gave out a huge sigh. You could feel the anxiousness and the butterflies in your stomach. 

"Number 50." 

"That's me." you whispered and slowly left your chair. The walk from your seat to the door was torture. 

You grabbed the doorknob and turned it slightly. Closing your eyes, prayed that your parents luck was on your side, and walked in. 

The door slammed close behind you. You were standing in the middle of a small room with only a microphone in the middle and a table with 3 judges. 

"You may go." the judge in the middle said, and waved a hand signaling you. 

You cleared your throat before starting to sing the song that you had practiced for weeks. 

You closed your eyes and let the sound come out from your mouth. You hit every high note correctly. Not missing a beat in the song. Your vocal was perfect, no note was off pitch. 

When you were finished, you reopened your eyes and nervously glanced up at the judges and look back down at the ground. Your hands was fumbling with the bottom of your jacket and sleeve as the judges whispered to each other. 

"Well…" you shot your head up and looked at the judges. "You're an interesting one."

The judge in the middle intertwined his fingers together as he spoke. 

"Congratulations you've passed!" he said with a huge smile on his face. 

"Thank you!" you bowed a few times to each of the judges, mostly to the one in the middle. 

Then the judge on your left side held up his hands. "Wait, you won't be receiving your map of the school, dorm number, or class schedule today. We would like you to visit the Headmaster's office on your first day here."

You were a bit confused, but just nodded your head as you walked out. 

Finding a seat on the right side of the auditorium with everyone else. Seulki ran over to you squealing. 

"Wahh! You made it! What dorm are you in?" she showed you her schedule and dorm number; 150.

You only gave her a small smile. "They didn't give me one." 

Seulki gave you a strange look, before moving onto another subject. You guys both talked for a while. Of course she was the one who was doing most of the talking. You sat there listening about her favorite colors, music, actors, movies, etc. You only replied when it was necessary. 

As they finished up the audition, the woman in all black walked out on stage again. Once again, the place turned quiet and tensed up when she started talking. 

"Congratulations to all of you who had passed. You will be starting on Monday. Please get all of your belongings together before then. Make sure to get here extra early to be able to put your belongings and to find your dorms and classes around the school. All that you need to know is on your sheet we gave you. For the exeption of one."

Many people around you started talking and looking around. The woman looked at you and continued. 

"We all hope you will all have a good year here at Seocho." The woman talked a little louder making her words echo around the auditorium. She walked down the stage and left, again, followed by the three people that were the judges. 

Everyone dispersed after the announcement was done. 

You walked out of the school. Seulki gave you a small wave goodbye and walked the other way home as you walked a different direction.

 

 

 

-------------

 
First chappie up as promised by IceCreamLover :D
It kinda ... i think. Please forgive me, i have really bad grammars. So you can tell theres a lot of mistakes if IceCreamLover haven't fixed it yet. I dont know when she will though :] 
 
Oh yea for the song she sang i couldn't think of anything and thought of City Hunter, and remembered that i really like one of the song on there. So that kinda became the song she sang. 

I'll be getting a poster soon, and i was suppose to update this chappie when the poster was finished but i guess i can update earlier for you special readers. Mostly cause IceCreamLover forced me! Haha love you IceCream (I will call you that now because too long to might my little friend). I'm really anxious about this poster. I hope its amazingg!! 
 
Thank you for supporting! Subscribe and Comment as you wish my lovely readers :D
 
 
I'm here. :) I should fix all the grammar mistakes in purple, neh? So then forevershinee can see what mistakes she makes....
 
I started to cringe when I first read this XDDD I think I got everything, but if you guys see anything wrong, tell me. Not forevershinee. She's too busy right now. Well, I am too, but I'm procrastinating on Facebook.
 
Yes, I forced her, but you guys got the chappie. That's all that matters, right? :P I'm not little I promise. So, sorry about the update thingy again, but it's
forevershinee's fault. She has horrible grammar.
 
Anyways, like forevershinee said, subscribe, comment, and add us as friends! We'll always say yes, and if forevershinee denies it, tell me. Remember to support all of our precious Kpop stars! (Watch Super Junior's new video: A-CHA! And Boyfriend is going to release their new MV soon! :D)See you guys later! (Whenever forevershinee updates!)