Long Distance (Mino)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: GrayNat

Written by: tofujagi

Plot: Author's choice

 

Buzz.

Haneul's phone vibrated on top of her desk. Quickly, she checked the message that was sent from her boyfriend, Mino. There were flutters in her stomach as she read the text. I really miss you. Haneul felt warmth from the short, sweet words. When Mino had told her that he would be going overseas for a world tour, part of her felt happy for him while the other half knew she would miss seeing him often. He would be out of South Korea for two months.

WINNER was becoming a really well-known group all over the world, and Haneul was their number one fan. She had known the members ever since high school. Mino had asked her out in their third year, and after much push-and-pull, she agreed to be his girlfriend. When she heard that they debuted, Haneul went out to buy their album as well as attend their concerts and fansigns. Now, she was left counting the days until he would return. Sure they had Skype and text each other almost everyday since he had left, but it was not the same as physically having him next to her. I miss you, too, she texted back. How is Japan?

It's really fun, but it would be much better if you were here with me, he soon replied, adding a heart at the end.

A slight laugh left Haneul's lips. Imaginations of him and her spending time in Japan together scuttled in her mind for a few minutes. Maybe soon. But since you're there now, just enjoy the time with the others - spend some time sightseeing, grow closer to fans, put on an amazing performance^^

I love it when you look out for me, honey ㅋㅋㅋ You take care of yourself, too. Don't miss me too much or I'll be sad.

They continued this form of communication for a while until a month had passed. Not all that strange but still strange enough, Mino started to contact Haneul less and less. He stopped Skyping with her. She would be sent to his voicemail every time she called. At first, Haneul just assumed that Mino was busy with the hectic schedules that came with being an idol. Except one day, while checking out WINNER's SNS pages, she found a photo of Mino in an intimate hug with a fan.

There was also another photo with the same fan. She had kissed him on the cheek. The topic soon become hot and flew around the media like a wildfire. "I mean, that can happen," she told herself one day at work when business was slow. The reporters were probably exaggerating the news. Fans could show affection to their idols when they get that close to them. A kiss could not definitely mean anything.

Still, a bad feeling in her stomach set. She needed some kind of reassurance. She tried to call Mino, but he did not answer once again. Her eyes moved from her phone back to the photo with him and the fan and then back to her phone, and she started to assume the worst. What if he had really met someone while he was away? She really did seem pretty. Could it be that she was becoming boring, and he ended up meeting someone new?

Her heart ached. If he did like someone else, it would be better if he had just told her then. She did not want to sit around until he came back for an answer.

Two more weeks fled by. In the morning on a weekend, Haneul decided to get some fresh morning air into her lungs. She stepped outside her house and did some simple stretches as she inhaled the clean air. Mino still had not returned her calls. He was still on her mind and would be back in two more weeks, but until then, Haneul tried to focus on herself more. "I see you're up early," a voice said from a few feet away.

Haneul turned to a familiar voice and smiled.

"Good morning Taemin-ssi!" she greeted.

Lee Taemin was her next-door neighbor as well as a close friend of Mino's. Because of Mino, both had known each other quite well. From time to time, they would strike up a small conversation. She felt happy about having a nice neighbor. "Did you sleep well last night?" Taemin asked as he walked over to her house.

Haneul stopped stretching and nodded her head. Taemin grinned, happy to hear that his crush was doing well. Ever since Mino had introduced Haneul to him, Taemin became attracted to her. Something about her innocent eyes and sweet honey-like voice struck him as attractive. He liked her though it was wrong to do so when she was dating his close friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter