Cheer Up (Yunhyeong)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: GrayNat

Written by: tofujagi

Plot: When Yunhyeong was eliminated in the preliminary round of 'Mix & Match' & Haneul tries everything to cheer him up.

 

A calm atmosphere settled into the night, and Haneul continued to sit on the bench near a park. She glanced at her watch and then left and right every few minutes. "Hm," she hummed, "I hope he gets here soon."

She wondered why Yunhyeong decided to meet her since she knew most of his recent days included intense practice for the suvival show, 'MIX & MATCH.' Of course, she wanted to see him, too, so no complaints existed. She missed him. Her feet swung back and forth as time continued to pass. The small streelight next to her illuminated around her and allowed her to see the few people that passed by her once in a while. Soon enough, she heard a small creak of the bench and knew someone approached the park bench and seated next to her.

Haneul turned to the figure, and her lips turned into a smile. "Yunhyeong!"

Only that smile lasted barely two seconds once she noticed his glum expression. She inched closer to him to get a closer look at his face. Her heart started to pull down in weight. She instinctively reached out and touched his arm. "What's wrong?" Haneul asked with her soft voice.

"I got eliminated today."

"Eliminated?" Haneul repeated. "What do you mean?"

Yunhyeong buried his face into his hands and broke into tears. His muffled sobs aded the surrounding area. Haneul's small hand moved to his back and gently patted it, for the only thought that entered her mind was to comfort him until he wanted to talk. It was a relief that not many people were present during this time. When he removed his face from his hands, Yunhyeong's lips quivered. "T-Today's match, I l-lost." He hiccuped but continued. "It was me, Junhoe and J-Jinhyeong... I forgot my lines. I-I didn't get chosen a-as a member..."

Anyone who knew Yunhyeong knew how much it meant for him to prove to people that he could be a member of iKON. Sure, before he did not know the "D" in "dance," but he put his heart into practice and improved with great effort. Haneul rested her chin on his shoulders and pulled her boyfriend into a hug. "It's okay," she whispered to him. "It's okay. I know how hard you worked."

"You know what the m-most scariest part was?" he asked between his tears. "It's knowing that all that work could just disappear into n-nothing. I felt l-like I let my team members down. I felt so sorry towards them."

Yunhyeong sniffled, wiped his tears and sat straight up. Haneul watched as he breathed slowly until his voice remined steady.

"I couldn't cry in front of my members, nor could I act like I was okay. Therefore, I wanted to see you. It's a little embarrassing to cry in front of the girl I like, but you're also the only per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter