Back to Now (Wonho)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: Marialeah_

Written by: tofujagi

Plot: After the incident, Wonho ends up seeing Seulmi again but with someone else, sparking jealousy

 

*Sequel to 'The Wrong Type':* (Chapter 78)

 

"How's your new job lately?" Chen, Seulmi's best friend, asked as he and Seulmi sat by the pool in Seulmi's backyard. Seulmi sighed and took a look up at the sky. The sun had started to set, turning the sky to a darker shade of blue with a hint of red-orange. After Wonho had told Seulmi that he could not accept her love, Seulmi found it hard to face him, so she quit her job and found a new position at another company as marketing research assistant.

Seulmi kicked her feet back and forth underwater and responded, "It's been okay."

Chen stared at her expression and could read right away that she would rather be at her old job. He thought that she would not have a problem working with Wonho after the incident based on Seulmi's hard-headed personality, but he was wrong. Probably because Seulmi really did like the guy.

"I just hope you're not blaming yourself over it still," Chen admitted. "He wanted to be friends with benefits with you too."

"Yeah, but I'm the one who liked him, ruining the purpose of why we got together in the first place," Semi reminded.

Chen placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry about it too much. It's his loss. You'll find someone else."

"Yeah..." Seulmi replied though she was not sure if she wanted to find someone else.

Most of her adult life, she focused a lot on her work life more than her love life, but once she figured that she was falling for Wonho, she thought that she had a chance to pay attention to something more than work. If only she had went through love the right way and not attached herself to the more physical side of love. She regretted that decision. Chen removed his feet from the water and stood up, drying his hair with a towel. Seulmi felt his movement and also started to take her feet out of the water. Chen handed her a towel.

"Hey," he said as he placed his own towel back on the beach chair, "do you want to head to the Han River? You know, to clear your head. It looks like you need it."

"Didn't you have to meet up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol for a group date or something?" Seulmi asked.

Chen shook his head. "Not when my best friend is in a crisis. I texted Baekhyun, and he said that they would wait for me and start the date an hour later. I'll just spend time until I'm sure you're not pouting anymore. Come on, change and get ready to go."

Seulmi smiled. "You're the best."

"Aigoo," Chen chuckled and ruffled Seulmi's wet hair, "I already knew that. Hurry up."

In the windy evening at the Han River, Wonho laid in the grass, looking up at the purple sky. He closed his eyes and recalled the last time he spoke to Seulmi at the office. He remembered the disheartened look on her face when he rejeced her and told her that he could not become her lover. He also remembered the morning after when his co-workers notified him that Seulmi quit her job. He felt bad because he knew he was one of the reason. Wanting to erase the heaviness in his heart, he opened his eyes. "Lee Seulmi..." he whispered to nobody in particular right before he sat up.

He decided that it was best to return home as he dusted the grass stains off of his bottom. Another sigh left, and he began to walk on the sidewalk. His steps were lazy and slow as if he no longer cared about the world. It felt like he did not. His mind went back to Seulmi. Wonho, stop it, he thought to himself, but he did not bother to think about anything else. He thought about her milky skin, her mysterious eyes, and her lips that was put on with her favorite red lipstick. He thought about how the two would be in bed together, having pillow talk right after the two were tired. Truthfully, he missed it all.

As he passed by other people, one conversation of a male and female caught his attention. He recognized the female's voice.

"Feeling better?" Chen asked Seulmi as they walked side by side.

Seulmi closed her eyes and inhaled before opening her eyes again, nodding. "Yeah, I actually am. I think the Han River possesses a magic power or something. It always seem to take heavy weight off of people. It's like a healing place."

"I gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter