It Was You (B.I)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: dhyunnasworld

Written by: tofujagi

Plot: When Hyuna helps B.I get together with his crush, but she realizes she's falling for him

 

"Hanbin, you are like the most popular guy in school. Why are you asking me to help you to get together with Aera?" Hyuna asked as she continued to walk home with B.I. by her side. "You can just appear in front of her, and she'll fall for you right away. I'm honestly the last person you should ask for relationship help."

B.I shook his head and stepped right in front of her, placing his hands together in a pleading motion. "You're the only girl who can help me with this, Hyuna! Please. Aren't best friends supposed to help each other out?"

Hyuna stepped to the side and continued to walk ahead. B.I hurried to catch up. "I don't understand why you can't ask one of the guys."

"Heck no," B.I retorted. "I know Bobby would do something like approach her and ask her directly if she would want to date me, that punk. I want to do this in a more subtle way."

They soon arrived in front of Hyuna's house. She started to walk in when B.I placed a hand on her shoulder. Hyuna turned around, knowing that B.I would not let the question go until she agreed. If he wanted something, he had to get it. "Please?" B.I implored. "This means a lot to me. I really like, Aera. I'll do anything you want!"

Hyuna sighed and looked at B.I's puppy dog eyes. She really needed to rethink about the relationship she had with her friends who knew how to manipulate her. She could never deny help when asked. "Fine! I'll do it!"

B.I's expression turned into a happier one quickly. "Really?! Kim Hyuna, you are the best!"

He pulled her into a tight hug, but she pushed him off of her right away. She waved a finger back and forth. "No, no. You know I don't do all of that. That hugging and all, ugh. You owe me, Kim Hanbin. You have to pay for my bus fare for a month."

"No problem!" B.I said with a thumbs up.

Hyuna rolled her eyes and sent a wave to her the boy. "Alright. I'm going in now."

B.I waved back as she stepped inside the house.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Cold City Girl!"

The next day at school, Hyuna sat her desk as she stared at Lee Aera from across the school. B.I's crush was a tall and pretty girl with light brown hair and light brown eyes. She was not a queenka or anything, but she was still well-liked among the students.

Hyuna shook her head. Nope, I can't do this anymore. How am I suppose to approach her and just bring up Hanbin? I should just back out now and let him be single for the rest of his life.

Hyuna never really approached people first. She did not like to talk much, and whenever she did, it always came out cold and blunt, probably scaring people a little bit. It was just her character. Hyuna wanted to bang her head on the desk. Do it for the month of not paying bus fare, she repeated to herself over and over again. Finally, mind more at ease, she nodded to herself and stood up.

She plastered the best smile she could muster and walked over to Aera's desk. Aera was reading a book, so Hyuna had to tap on her desk to grab the girl's attention. Aera looked up and noticed Hyuna. She put a bookmark where she stopped at and closed her book, placing it on the desk. "Oh, Kim Hyuna. What's up?" Aera asked.

Come on, Kim Hyuna. You can do this.

"Oh, not much. I was just bored, so I thought I could talk with you," Hyuna said. "Hey, your shoes are so pretty!"

Aera looked down at her shoes and smiled. "Thank you! I got them at Banila B."

"Oh..." Hyuna was stumped. What else could she say?

"Hey, Hyuna. You're friends with Kim Hanbin, right?" Aera then asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! We're really close, I guess," Hyuna answered.

Maybe this will be easier than she thought.

She continued. "Why? Are you interested in him?"

Aera shook her head. "It's not like that. I just- I was really just wondering since I see you with him most of the time."

"Well, you should meet him some time," Hyuna suggested. "He's really kind and friendly. I'm sure you two would get along."

"Uhhh, I don't know-"

"Actually, we can just do it right now since it's self-study time. I know where they're at. Let's go."

Hyuna motioned for Aera to follow her, and the two girls walked together to the music room. Hyuna slid the door open and walked in. "Hey, I'm here. I want you guys to meet my new friend," she said.

Bobby laughed. "Really? Wow, I never thought you would be able to make anymore friends, Hyuna."

"Shut up, Kim Jiwon," Hyuna responded. "Meet Lee Aera."

After B.I heard his crush's name, he whipped his head over to the girls and began to stare at Aera. He gulped, nervous to approach the girl, so he just tried to inconspicuously hide behind Yunhyeong. Hyuna introduced Aera to each of the guys and then made her way over to B.I, pulling him from behing Yunhyeong. "And as you know," Hyuna said, "this is Kim Hanbin." She turned to B.I. "Hanbin, this is Aera" and she muttered a "But you already knew" at the end so that only he would hear.

B.I sent a glare to Hyuna before he looked over at Aera. He held out a hand and smiled shyly. "Hi."

Hyuna, who had moved next to where Junhoe was, scoffed at the side. It was funny to see the straightforward boy shorten his words now. "Sorry about that, Aera. He's really awkward at first, but he'll be more open to you soon."

Aera covered and laughed. "It's okay. Meeting strangers can be a little nerve-wrecking. I'm glad I got to meet all of you."

Donghyuk took a look at his watch.

"Well, we better get back to our classes now. Class is about to resume."

They all began to file out of the music room one by one. B.I who walked behind Hyuna leaned in to whisper to her. "You are the absolute best, you know that?"

Hyuna smirked to herself. She knew that.

Hours after school, Hyuna was laying down on her bed, scrolling through her Kakao messages when a new message from B.I popped up. She tapped on the text.

Hanbinnie: Let's go on a date.

Hyuna stared at the message, perplexed with wide eyes. She answered back.

Hey, Kim Hanbin. Have you left your mind somewhere? What are you talking about...?

Ding! A response returned two seconds later.

Hanbinnie: Not like a actual date, haha. I just want to practice for when I really ask Aera out on a date :)

I'm not Aera. She's not going to act the way I do. Besides, I don't want to go. There's a new episode of 'Unkind Women' soon. I can't miss it.

Just when she thought B.I would spare her, the last text sent.

Hanbinnie: I'll promise it'll be a fun date >< I'm paying for food.

After she was promised free food, Hyuna, with much effort, got out of bed. She changed out of her school uniform and put on an oversized maroon sweater with black leggings for the windy weather outside. She was out the door and into the streets once she had worn her boots.

The two decided to meet up at Lotte World, and Hyuna happened to arrive before B.I. Man, she pondered as she waited, he already failed this date for having to make the girl wait on him like this. Many people of all ages were present, having fun on rides or just being around their friends. Hyuna recalled the time when she and the guys would play in Lotte World often as kids. B.I always loved to act like he could handle the scary rides, but he really could not go on without feeling the need to pee his pants.

Right at that moment, warm hands covered her eyes from behind. Hyuna gasped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter