The Last Goodbye (Mino)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By lorrainenightray

 

5 PM. A soft sigh escaped her thin red lips as she drifted her gaze away from the vintage watch on her right wrist and leaned her back to the wooden back of the bench. She rested her right wrist on her lap with her head down.

He was late. 

He was late once again.

Sneaking her hand into her brown bag, she took out her phone. She unlocked it and checked if she had gotten any notifications. Of course not, what was she hoping for? She laughed pitifully at herself and shoved her phone into the bag once again. 

Hyejin brushed the tip of her brown boots to the ground nervously. Her eyes were glued to the stone pathway where her feet were resting at while she let her own body rest on the bench. What's going to happen now? Subconsciously, she fiddled with her fingers on her lap. A soft sigh managed to escape her lips, the devastated look on her face was undeniable. She honestly had no idea about what's going to happen later. She no longer had the energy to argue, nor did she have the energy to pretend that she was okay with the whole thing revolving around them.

The windy weather of the autumn decided to make her red high-waisted skirt that stopped on her knees to hike up a bit, revealing a bit of her milky thighs. Without thinking twice, she immediately tugged onto the hem of her skirt, covering her exposed skin. It didn't need an expert psychologist to be able to tell that she was uncomfortable in that skirt.

Kwon Hyejin was never the type of girl who would play with cute make up and stock her closet with bunches of cute dresses. She wasn't into those kind of things. Kwon Hyejin and girly stuff just didn't get along well. She might not be the cutest girl in the world, but she was one of the most respected woman in the business world. Every acts of hers just hinted to the public that she wasn't anybody ordinary or someone to mess with. The second in command in the company was her position, with her father being the CEO, which explains why she was never the girly kind of woman with a bunch of aegyo. She wasn't raised to be one.

People found her intimidating. she radiated a cold and arrogant kind of feeling to everyone around her without her intending to do so. The way she dressed didn't help even a bit. Her mom never had the chance to doll her only daughter up since the day she entered the age of seven. Her closet was pretty much filled with blacks and whites. What made her dress so unusual today then? She stopped playing with her fingers when a particular name of someone popped out in her head, squeezing her already wounded heart. 

A white blouse with a cute black ribbon tied on the collar and a red high-waisted skirt paired with a mocha coat with a pair of chocolate brown boots to compliment her felt like nothing but strangers to herself. 

Song Mino, the only man who could do wonders to her. It's funny how his name only could drive those butterflies in her stomach insane while her heart ached without being able to be stopped. Yes, for that man, she dressed herself up into someone she's not. He was her fiance since the day she was born into this world. Being the only daughter of a filthy-rich family sometimes. Fate often play games with her. She had only heard of it when their family decided to have a dinner together to discuss about an important problem which turned out into the whole engagement thing.

It's not that she despised it. She was more than delighted. She could never lie to herself. From the moment when she laid her eyes on the man, she knew he was the one. It might sound absurd, but that was how she felt. What hurt her was that there was nothing on his face or even his eyes when their parents announced it. It was like, it was nothing. It was nothing important. She was nothing important to him. 

It hurt her. But being stupid, she forced out a smile and introduced herself to him, ignoring the cold stare he gave to her. She must be lying if she said that his gaze didn't scare her, but she was persistent. She thought that maybe she could break through his wall, melt him and make him smile. Little did she know that It was just one of her silly dreams.

She had already had enough of his treatment. It wasn't the first time for him to arrive late on their date. She didn't know why he agreed in the first place if he was going to treat her like nothing significant. For whatever's sake, even if she didn't show it, she was fragile behind her cold interior. Tears piled up in her eyes, glistening her brown orbs and she blinked it away, slightly tilting her head up and took a deep breath not to sob. She didn't want to appear bad in front of him.

Her ears caught the sound of footsteps coming towards her and she raised her head. The corners of her lips tugged into a soft smile though she couldn't shrug off the pain in her chest when she saw him. His presence only was enough to make her smile, but his cold stare only was also enough to break her heart The fed up and sick feeling in her chest faded away, almost as if his presence erased them. He had such dangerous effect on her.

"Hey, how are you?" Hyejin stood up and greeted him with her bag in her grip.

He didn't look interested even a bit as he looked into her eyes. "I'm fine." Mino shoved his hands into his pocket nonchalantly.

She looked down and smiles sadly. What's the big deal, Hyejin? You're used to it, aren't you? With that little motivation, she found the courage to walk and stand in front of him.

"Did something happen? Why didn't you answer my calls?" she curiously asked while searching for his black orbs. She secretly hoped for him to notice her outfits. After all, she dressed for him and for him only.

Without even sharing her a glance, he turned his body and started to walk away. "Ah, I was busy."

A bitter smile was evident on her face. Those two hours she spent on looking for the perfect outfit for today had gone waste. Honestly, she had seen it coming, but she supposed that it wouldn't hurt to try. 

She was wrong. It hurt like hell.

Her tears were threatening to escape from her eyes but she held it in. Busy, huh? It might seem wrong, heck it's wrong, but she had hired someone to find out about him, what did he do in his time except for his job as the CEO of his company.

As much as she didn't want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter