Change of Heart (Chanwoo)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: sarahlovesjongup

Written by: tofujagi

Plot: When Chanwoo, a bad boy, sees his enemy Sarah, a quiet nerdy girl, homeless in which he feels bad & wants to protect her

 

Silence hung in the air. No one made a single sound, making it possible for a pin to be heard if dropped. The students only watched the quiet transfer student glaring at the boy sitting on her desk as they waited for something to happen next. The only reason why they remembered Sarah's name was because it came out of Chanwoo's mouth everyday. Other than that, no one would have really paid attention to her. "Hey, Lee Sarah. Why don't you answer me when I'm talking to you?" Chanwoo questioned with a playful glint in his eyes.

He stuck his hands in his pockets as he waited for an answer, but Sarah did not respond, only shooting lasers at him. Chanwoo chuckled at the reaction before he glanced down at her desk. On top of her school workbook was a letter from Seoul University. "Oooh..." Chanwoo mused and then looked back at Sarah. "It looks like Seoul University is interested in you, genius. I mean, I guess that's all you have going for you. No social life, just keeping aside like a worm stuck in her books."

Sarah's hands balled into two tight fists. Sure, she did not converse much with her classmates. Sure, she liked to study a lot. Those things did not mean she would let an egocentric boy mess with her life as if it was a hobby. People who act like that are to be sympathized. I'm not saying you should just let them get away with what they did wrong to you, her father had once said before she left America. Just don't stoop down to their level.

"It's kind of funny how you think that way," Sarah finally responded, crossing her arms, "because a lot of students would kill to have a tentative spot at this university. I might not have a good social life, but I sure will have a more successful life when I leave."

Soon cutting off the conversation, Sarah sat in her chair. She glanced up at Chanwoo.

"I'm sorry, but could you please get off of my desk? I need to finish the problems before the teacher comes back."

She soon returned back to her work, leaving Chanwoo stunned. There were times that Sarah would retort back at him (it was normal), but today, it felt a little harsher.

Break soon arrived, and the high school students hurried out of their classroom to head into the cafeteria or other places to have lunch. Sarah closed her workbook and followed behind others. She placed a hand on her stomach to lessen the sound of her stomach growling. "I'm so hungry..." she murmured. She walked near the cafeteria and found the other students eating the boxed lunches they brought from home. She felt her pockets, but there was no money. Head hanging down, she slowly walked away from the cafeteria.

Chanwoo was in a good mood after school. He remembered the event with Sarah but decided to brush that off. Whistling, he continued his walk home when he spotted a familiar figure just up ahead. On a bench near the convenience store sat Sarah. Chanwoo stepped closer to make sure it was her, and it was. She was just seated there. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be home?" Chanwoo asked though he did not know what motive drove him.

Hearing the voice, Sarah's head snapped up. Her eyes widened when she found a student from her school looking at her. Flustered, she tried her best to find an answer. "W-What...? I can't be here?"

"That's not what I meant. Aren't you supposed to be at home doing homework like the smart cookie you are? It's getting dark."

"I was just about to," Sarah lied. "You just go on ahead first and stop acting like you're worried about me."

"Fine fine. You can't blame a guy for wondering," replied Chanwoo.

He started to resume his way home, but a string pulled his heart. Something did not seem right. He turned back around, and Sarah had not moved at all. Why, Chanwoo asked himself. He sighed, finally deciding to go back to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter