Chapter 8: Tired

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim looked around at all her guests. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves at her and Mr. Kim’s 50th wedding anniversary. They had invited all of their friends and family to celebrate at their mansion.

“Mrs. Kim everyone would love to hear a small speech from you and your husband” one of Mrs. Kim’s maids informed her.

“Oh of course just give me a few moments.” Mrs. Kim left the maid’s side and began looking around. She found her husband easily since he was still seated in the same spot talking away with Mr. Lee. She then continued to look and found her son but Chanmi wasn’t by his side.

As Mrs. Kim approached Jaejoong she realized he was talking to some of his old acquaintances; the daughters of some family friends who always had their eyes on him. “Excuse me ladies I have to speak to my son for a moment.” The girls then parted ways leaving Mrs. Kim with Jaejoong.

She turned to give him a concerned look. “Why are you here talking with all those girls instead of your wife? Where is your wife by the way, I haven’t seen her for a while now.”

Jaejoong put his arm around his mother’s shoulder and began walking upstairs. “Mom you worry too much. Chanmi was feeling tired and went upstairs to rest for a moment.”

“What if it’s serious?”

He shook his head as they got upstairs. “I doubt it.” Originally he was headed towards his old room to look for her there but he noticed the door to his old study was open and decided to look in there.

Mrs. Kim followed behind him and found Chanmi lying on the study’s small semi-couch with her legs up.

When Chanmi noticed they were inside she swung her feet off of the chair and sat up. “Is something wrong” she asked.

Mrs. Kim shook her head and sat beside her. “I should be asking you. Is something wrong dear? Jaejoong tells me you feel tired.”

Chanmi nodded, “yeah I just couldn’t stand being on my feet any longer and felt like my energy was drained.”

“Is Jaejoong not taking good care of you?”

“Mom! Of course I’m taking care of her. I suggested she come up here and rest” Jaejoong defended.

“If you were a good husband you would have come up here with her.” After scolding Jaejoong she turned her attention back to Chanmi. “Have you been feeling this way before?”

Chanmi thought back to a few days ago and realized it had happened. “Actually yes, I usually feel tired after doing the smallest tasks and have to sit down.”

Mrs. Kim gasped and began to smile widely. “Could it be that you are…”

Chanmi’s eyes widened as she realized what Mrs. Kim was hinting at. “Oh…” She knew the possibility was there. After all she was a married woman and very much in love with her husband. A child would not be a huge surprise to them especially when Jaejoong talked about having a family so much.

Jaejoong on the other hand was clueless at the beginning. “Could be what?”

“You clueless boy.” Mrs. Kim shook her head disappointed with her son’s intelligence. “When women are carrying they usually tend to get tired faster.”

“So you are saying Chanmi might be pregnant?” Without another word he got on his knees in front of Chanmi and hugged her. “I’m going to be a father.”

Mrs. Kim lightly hit Jaejoong’s head. “Silly boy, you don’t know that for sure yet.”

“You’re right.” He lifted his head and looked at Chanmi. “I’ll take you to the doctor tomorrow so we can get you checked and make sure everything is okay.”

Chanmi smiled seeing Jaejoong was excited. “Alright.”

Mrs. Kim stood up and clasped her hands together. “How great this day is turning out to be. You two have to call me immediately after to tell me the good news.”

Chanmi and Jaejoong nodded agr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter