Chapter 4: Safe Zone

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanmi parked her car in front of Jaejoong’s house. She went up to the door and just when she was about to ring the doorbell the door flew open.

“Chanmi you know you don’t have to ring the doorbell. You just come inside as if it was your home” Mrs. Kim said with a huge smile on her face.

“Thanks Mrs. Kim but I couldn’t just come in like that.”

Mrs. Kim put her arm around Chanmi and led her inside. “Of course you can, our house is your house.” She sat down on the living room couch and patted the seat next to hers for Chanmi to sit on. “Now then what brings you here dear?”

“Actually” Chanmi took a folder out of her bag “I came to bring these to Jae, is he here?”

Mrs. Kim nodded “yes, he’s up in his room. Why don’t you go give them to him?”

Chanmi looked at Mrs. Kim with concern. “Is it okay if I do? You know because I’m a girl…”

“I don’t mind at all dear. Come” she stood up taking Chanmi’s hand. “You go right ahead and take as long as you want. You just go up the stairs and his room is the second door on the right.”

“Thank you I won’t be long.” Chanmi went up the stairs feeling a bit nervous. This was the first time she was ever going to the upstairs of Jaejoong’s house. When she got to his room she lightly knocked on the door waiting for a response of any kind.

“Come in” Jaejoong shouted from inside.

Chanmi sighed before opening the door. She never imagined she would walk into Jaejoong’s room out of her own accord. It was almost as if she was giving him what he wanted.

When she went in she found him on his bed. Jaejoong was busy typing away on his phone never looking towards the door to see who it was. “Are you busy?”

He immediately got up from the bed leaving his phone behind when he heard the familiar voice. “Chanmi what are you doing here?”

“I’m sorry if I interrupted you. You seemed to be in the middle of something.” She pointed at the phone he had tossed onto the bed.

“Oh that can wait. I am never too busy for you”, he smiled.

Chanmi smiled at his sweet talk. “You always know what to say don’t you playboy?” She handed him the folder in her hands that she had come to bring him. “I only came to give you this so I’ll be on my way now.”

Just as she was walking towards the door Jaejoong caught her hand stopping her. “You aren’t even going to stay a little and tell me what this is?”

Chanmi had no intentions of staying longer than she had to. Lately she had found it difficult to be around Jaejoong without falling for his whole I only love you act. There were times she found herself believing in his words. It was getting harder and harder for her to reject his every approach. “Fine I’ll only stay long enough for you to look through and answer any questions you may have.” She stood by the door with her arms crossed looking around his room.

Seeing how she was just standing by the door Jaejoong chuckled. “Don’t you think you would be more comfortable sitting down?”

“Actually the only place I see available to sit is the bed. I’d like to stay in the safe zone here close to the door where I can exit in case of an emergency.”

Jaejoong laughed at her resp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter