Chapter 19: Happy

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong straightened out his suit as he knocked on the door of Mr. Lee’s house. Earlier in the week he had gotten information out of his mother and found out Chanmi would be visiting her father around this time. He had wanted to come sooner but had too much business he couldn’t get out of. Now he had finally gotten out of a meeting and rushed to Mr. Lee’s house.

He waited with anticipation wanting to see Chanmi’s beautiful face as she opened the door for him. “Oh Jaejoong it’s been a while” Mr. Lee said as he opened the door and invited him in.

Jaejoong was a bit disappointed but at the same time relieved. “I’m sorry sir…” Jaejoong bowed to Mr. Lee. He hadn’t seen him since way before he even separated from Chanmi and never once showed up to explain what was going on and why he had hurt his daughter, “I never meant to harm your daughter.” He continued to keep his head down until he heard Mr. Lee clear his throat.

“That’s all in the past Jaejoong. You should know as a fellow businessman that only by looking to the future can we succeed.” Mr. Lee sat down and offered a seat to Jaejoong. “Now what brings you here after so many years?”

Jaejoong eyed around the place looking for any sign of Chanmi or his son.

Seeing Jaejoong let Mr. Lee know the reason he was there. “They aren’t here; they left yesterday afternoon on the same flight as your father.  He persuaded Chanmi on flying with him after your mother told him she had told you about her being here. Minchan left delighted in the fact that he would get to spend time with Grandpa Kim.”

Jaejoong felt betrayed by his parents for helping Chanmi get away from him. “I didn’t even know my father was going back to Japan.” He sat down in front of Mr. Lee with a desperate look on his face. “Why won’t any of you let me see her and my son?”

Mr. Lee sighed, “It’s not that we are keeping them away from you Jaejoong. Chanmi is the one who wishes to stay away from you. I as her father do what my daughter thinks is best. Your mother and father are doing what they think is best for Minchan.”

“Keeping my son away from me is best” he asked with anger evident in his voice. “I can’t believe you have all kept him away from me for so long. I have already tried to get him back the good way but now I have no other choice.” Jaejoong stood up and walked out of Mr. Lee’s house. He knew the only way he would get Chanmi back wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter