Chapter 28: Reconciled

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Chanmi pulled up to the front of her house she noticed an unknown vehicle was parked in front. She parked her own car before going towards the other car. As she got closer she realized she did know who the car belonged to.

She went towards the house already having an idea of what was happening. When she opened the door she heard two voices coming from the living room. She could already tell they were arguing. When she got to the living room she found Jaejoong and Yunho arguing with each other. They were too busy arguing that they didn’t notice her presence.

“What’s going on here” she said which instantly gained the attention of both men.

Jaejoong turned towards her and smiled once his eyes met hers. “Jagi” he immediately went over to her and hugged her, he had missed her presence all these days that she was gone.

She returned the hug; she too had missed him especially since things had started to get better between them right before she had left.

Yunho furrowed his brow as he witnessed the scene in front of him. He thought Chanmi had wanted to get divorced from Jaejoong but now he was seeing the two of them sharing a moment and became confused. “I’m glad to see you are well Chanmi” Yunho interrupted them.

Chanmi smiled but wasn’t able to respond because Jaejoong interrupted. “I think its best that you leave now. My wife just came back from a long trip and needs to rest.” He didn’t like the look Yunho was giving her and wanted him out before he could get any ideas of talking to her about the past.

“Very well then” Yunho picked up his briefcase ready to leave but was stopped by Chanmi’s hand.

She held onto his arm making him stop from going out. “Why did you come here?”

Yunho turned around and began to explain to her. “I came to deliver a notice of a case to Jaejoong.”

“Is it about m-”

“No” Yunho answered before she could finish. “This is a different case from a different client of mine.” Yunho looked over at Jaejoong and smirked before looking back at Chanmi with a smile. “But you know I can always help you out. I would help you with anything.”

Jaejoong took a step forward and put his arm around Chanmi’s waist wanting to make things clear to Yunho. “I don’t think that will be necessary. My wife and I have already reconciled.”

Chanmi gave Jaejoong a smile. He was acting just like he used to when they were dating.

“Either way…” Yunho interrupted their moment again. “I haven’t stopped looking into your case Chanmi.”

“Thanks Yunho for always worrying about me but I don’t think it will be necessary anymore.” Chanmi gave him a genuine smile to let him know how grateful she is to him.

He returned the smile, never letting his eyes stray from hers. “No need to thank me.  I would do anything for you.” He once again turned to leave. Once he was outside he sighed, “I’ll still continue. Just in case you change your mind” he thought to himself.

Once they were left alone Chanmi put her arms around Jaejoong’s neck and kissed him.

Jaejoong was caught unaware but immediately responded by putting his arms around her waist and picking her up. He wasn’t expecting her to kiss him so suddenly but he welcomed it. He knew this meant she must have missed him just as much.

Chanmi pulled away giggling at him. “You are the same old jealous Jaejoong I dated years ago.”

He knew what she meant by that but would rather not get into the whole thing. Instead he changed the course of their conversation. “I thought you kissed me because you missed me while you were gone.”

“I did” she nodded.

“Then that means we really do love each other all over again.”

“I guess so” she replied.

***

Minchan kept his eyes on the clock that was on the wall. He didn’t know how to tell time very well yet but he knew school was over when both hands were on the twelve.

Today he couldn’t wait for school to be over and Jia could tell.

“Why do you want to go home so badly?” she asked him.

Kimi looked up from the drawing she was making and saw Minchan was completely his chair looking at the clock. “Oh, it’s because Chanmi Umma comes back today.”

“Ahhh” Jia nodded, “You really miss your Umma?”

Minchan took his eyes off of the clock to talk to Jia. “I miss her a lot. She never left me alone before. I always went to work with her when I lived in Japan. I waited for her with the make-up noonas.”

“That must be fun” Jia said and Kimi agreed. “I wish I could see.”

The bell then rang causing Minchan to jump out of his seat quickly. He went to his cubby and grabbed his backpack so he could be one of the first ones to wait by the door.

Kimi sighed seeing Minchan left his chair pulled out. She pushed it in for him and walked to the cubbies with Jia. “Minchan you know you have to wait for Appa to pick us up before we can see Chanmi Umma.”

Minchan nodded, “yes but maybe he will come faster.” He never took his eyes away from the parking lot. As he looked he noticed Jaejoong’s car coming and got excited. “He’s here.”

Kimi joined him in looking and smiled seeing he really was coming.

Minchan’s smile grew wider as he saw another person coming out of his father’s car. “Umma” he shouted as he ran out to her leaving Kimi behind.

Chanmi smiled as she saw him running towards her. She quickly picked him up hugging him tightly.

“Umma I missed you” Minchan had tears coming out of his eyes as he kissed her cheek.

“Oh Minchanie don’t cry” she wiped his tears “Umma’s here you don’t have to cry.” She gave him a kiss on each cheek and another on his forehead before he hid his face in her neck.

Kimi came walking along with Jia and Jia’s mother who had picked her up. “Chanmi Umma…” Kimi hugged Chanmi’s side “I’m glad you’re back.”

“You missed me too Kimi?”

Kimi nodded, “a lot.”

Jia bowed to Jaejoong and Chanmi. “Minchan’s Umma I’m glad you are back. Minchan missed you.”

“Thanks Jia-shi and Happy late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter