Chapter 18: Divorce

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong tapped his fingers impatiently on the table as he sat in Yunho’s office.

Yunho noticed Jaejoong’s anxiousness and only sighed. He knew this would be one of the hard cases but of course he was prepared for it. He had been a lawyer for a few years but he was already known as one of the best. “Mr. Kim would you like to discuss any of the clauses of divorce.”

“Stop saying that word!” He stood up from his chair becoming frustrated every time that word was mentioned had only occurred recently. “No one is getting divorced here.”

Yunho sighed as he gathered the papers in his hands. “I see then you plan to fight the divorce?”

“Of course I do!”

“Then you will have to give some very good reasoning as to why your marriage to Lee Chanmi shouldn’t be terminated.”

“Kim Chanmi, her name is still Kim Chanmi and it will continue that way.” His voice had gotten threateningly deeper as he corrected Yunho.

Yunho grabbed a pen and looked up at Jaejoong who hadn’t sat back down yet. “Would you like to officially document your refute to the divorce?”

“There will be no refute” Chanmi said as she walked into Yunho’s office. She immediately went over to Yunho giving him a hug. “Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay I know it’s hard for Minchan to leave your side.” As he returned the hug to his childhood friend he noticed the look on Jaejoong’s face had gotten worse than before. “Please have a seat Mr. Kim so we can begin.”

Chanmi ignored Jaejoong completely as she made her way from around Yunho’s desk and sat in the chair beside him.

Jaejoong scoffed seeing how she was giving him the cold shoulder. “Unbelievable” he muttered only loud enough for his ears.

“Now Chanmi, Mr. Kim has informed me that he will be fighting against this divorce.” He looked back and forth at the two of them. “Is there any chance you two can work this out?”

“No” Chanmi simply answered.

Jaejoong now realized how Chanmi had gone back to being the cold girl he had met. She gave him simple answers and stayed as far away as possible. “Really Chanmi? Did you really think I would just sit here and sign the divorce so easily so you could live happily with our son that I was never informed of until I got the stupid papers in my hand?” His voice rose with every word.

After hearing what Jaejoong said Yunho knew there were still some things that needed to be discussed between the two of them. “I’ll let the two of you talk. Chanmi I’ll be with Changmin just come get me when you’re ready.”

Chanmi nodded, “thanks Yunho.”

After Yunho left Jaejoong began. “Yunho? Do you call every man by their name so casually?”

Chanmi ignored his question not wanting to get into a subject like that. “To answer your first question yes. I did think you would just let me have a happy life with my son since you already have your daughter and Barbie.”

“You know I don’t like Barbie.”

Chanmi laughed sarcastically. “Oh yeah and Kimi is your proof for that statement.”

“Kimi isn’t even my real daughter. I got the DNA results to prove it.”

Chanmi looked away from him shaking her head not believing how low Jaejoong had gone. “That doesn’t mean anything to me anymore Jaejoong.” She finally looked at him.

In that moment Jaejoong became lost in Chanmi’s eyes. As he stared into them he remembered the day he held Minchan and had the same moment he was having now. His heart was beginning to beat erratically as his body became warm.

“I moved on Jaejoong. At first I did have hope that Barbie’s baby wouldn’t be yours and that you would return to me soon so I could let you know that I was carrying our child but that didn’t happen. Your mom came looking for me when I was almost ready to give birth wanting to let me know about you but I refused to let her go on. I wasn’t going to let her guilt me into letting you be present when I had my son. That moment was only for me.” She sniffed as she felt her tears starting to show more than she wanted. “It satisfies me to know that you won’t ever know the feeling of being present for the birth of your first born. How you weren’t able to hear his first cries as he entered this world. It’s probably the only reason I am able to stand in front of you right now. I know I have something you can never have and all because you were an idiot. A stupid playboy who sleeps with many girls because one girl isn’t enough for him”

Jaejoong starred into Chanmi’s watery eyes, never once did he blink knowing that if he did he would start to cry. Every single word Chanmi said pierced his heart but he thought she went too far by admitting she had her revenge by taking away his chance at being a father. He couldn’t take it anymore as she called him a playboy. “That isn’t true!” He hadn’t heard her refer to him as a playboy in a long time and it hurt him. She was his everything and more than enough for him.

“It is true” Chanmi shouted back at him. “Just look at how your life is now Jaejoong. There’s only one way to describe it. The playboy got the he deserves. Being around her will let you know how it feels to be with you.”

“Don’t compare me to Barbie. We are nothing alike. Unlike her I have real emotions. I truly love you and only you. There is no other woman I l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter