Chapter 13: Custom Dress

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To: Chanmi

From: Jaejoong

Please come home so we can talk.

Chanmi sighed as she read through the latest text message she received from Jaejoong. “It’s not enough that he called me more than thirty times since yesterday but now he is always texting me.” She hugged her father feeling comforted like she would when she was a child.

Mr. Lee hugged her tightly knowing she needed someone to help her get through everything that was happening. “Not that I’m on his side or anything but you did leave without letting him grasp the situation. I’m sure he wants a chance to sort out and explain everything.”

“I don’t want to hear him” she said as she shook her head. “I heard enough from Barbie. Besides, Jaejoong admitted to sleeping with her before so it is possible this happened. It’s not like Barbie is making up outrageous lies.”

“That is true but-”

“But nothing” Chanmi interrupted her father. “Jaejoong is going to be a father in two months, he can’t avoid his responsibilities.” She wiped her eyes free of tears, “And I have to do what’s right for me and my baby.” She pulled away from her father’s hug with a smile. She wanted to see his reaction to her indirect news.

“You mean?” Mr. Lee looked at his daughter’s stomach and didn’t see any difference to how he last saw her. “Did you just find out? How far along are you? Oh my god my baby is having a baby. I’m going to be a grandfather.”

Chanmi laughed as she saw her father getting excited. “Appa calm down.” She walked over to her purse that was on the coffee table and pulled out the ultrasound she had gotten. “I did just find out but I’m actually 19 weeks pregnant. My anemia has prevented my baby from getting the proper nutrients and is underweight which is why I’m not showing.”

“I told you to take care of your anemia.” Mr. Lee began to scold her.

“I know and I am taking my medicine now so don’t worry.”

“Does Jaejoong know” he asked.

Chanmi shook her head, “No, and he won’t know until after the divorce or at least until I know he is going to do what’s right for his daughter.”

“But what about what’s right for you and your baby?”

“I’d like to think I am perfectly capable of taking care of my baby on my own. Well not completely alone since I still have you. I can live here with you again can’t I?”

Mr. Lee smiled at his daughter. “Of course you can and I will do everything I can to help you. I will support you one hundred percent.” He knew Chanmi’s decision wasn’t easy. She would need someone to help her out and if she didn’t want Jaejoong to be that person then he would help her out, after all it was his grandchild.

Chanmi’s phone rang signaling her she had received a message. When she checked her phone she saw it was from Jaejoong.

To: Chanmi

From: Jaejoong

I’m going to wait at home as long as it takes.

To: Jaejoong

From: Chanmi

That won’t be necessary. My things will be out by tomorrow.

Jaejoong quickly opened up the text he received from Chanmi and smiled after reading it. He was glad she would be coming soon. It would give him the chance to talk with her or so he thought.

The next day he was surprised to open the door and see Mr. Lee and his assistants instead of Chanmi. “Mr. Lee where is Chanmi?”

“I’m sorry Jaejoong but my daughter doesn’t wish to see you at the moment and asked me to come over and pick up her things.” Both Mr. Lee and his assistants entered the house. “Mrs. Choi, Mr. Park please take care of it while I talk to Mr. Kim.” They nodded and left upstairs.

Mr. Lee sighed not knowing how to start the conversation with him. “Jaejoong I’m really sorry things had to turn out this way between you and my daughter. I didn’t think your marriage would end so soon.”

“End!?” Jaejoong shook his head furiously. “No, no, no Mr. Lee please understand me. I have no intention of ending my marriage with your daughter. I love her and want to continue to share my life with her.”

“I have no doubt in the love you have for my daughter but what I do doubt is your commitment to her. It has only been three years Jaejoong and you already betrayed her. You can’t really deny it since you have a daughter on the way.”

“No, sir you are misunde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter