Chapter 33: The Calm Before The Storm

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

just like the title says. This is the calm before the storm. I thought it was necessary to put a chapter to show how life seems to be normal and how the changes have affected Kimi's life before giving you guys the drama that is Barbie.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

-Two Weeks Later-

Chanmi watched from her rear view mirror that Minchan wasn’t in his usual happy mood as he always was when going to school. “Minchan aren’t you excited?” Chanmi asked with a cheerful voice. “Today is the last day of school before summer vacation.”

Minchan continued to have an expressionless face. “I don’t like it. If I don’t go to school then I won’t see Kimi or Jia.”

“Minchanie you can still see Kimi. She can come to our house or we can go out together and if you want we can invite Jia as well. Just because it’s summer vacation doesn’t mean you won’t see them again.”

Seeing she wasn’t getting a reaction out of him Chanmi decided to play the mom card. “What about me? Don’t you want to spend time with Umma?”

Minchan finally gave Chanmi a smile. “I do” he responded.

“I think you just don’t want to hurt my feelings” Chanmi pouted feigning sadness.

“No, I really want to be with Umma. I love Umma” Minchan put his arms up forming a heart that Chanmi saw through the rear view mirror.

“I love you too baby” she smiled.

Once they got to school Chanmi got out of the car and opened Minchan’s door.

Minchan got out of the car putting on his backpack. “Umma can we get ice cream after school? It’s really hot today.”

Chanmi nodded agreeing to Minchan’s afterschool plans. “But only if you promise to smile” she poked his cheek. “You still look sad and I can’t go home happy knowing you aren’t happy.”

Minchan saw the worried look on his mother’s face and immediately smiled. “I am smiling.”

“Good” Chanmi took hold of his hand and walked him to the front of the school.

“Good morning Minchan, good morning Mrs. Kim” the teacher greeted them. “Good morning” Chanmi greeted back before lowering down to kiss Minchan goodbye.  Before she could leave she was approached by two very familiar girls.

 “Chanmi Umma” Kimi ran over to hug her. After releasing her from the hug Kimi looked at Chanmi with begging eyes. “Chanmi Umma can you tie my hair up? Appa doesn’t know how and it’s too hot like this.” She handed her a hair tie “I brought this.”

Chanmi immediately accepted and tied Kimi’s hair into a high pony tail. “There you go. You should be fresh like this.”

“Thank you Chanmi Umma” Kimi hugged her before running back to her friends.

“Hello Minchan’s Umma” Jia greeted Chanmi with a smile before taking hold of Minchan’s hand and taking him away.

Minchan waved goodbye as he was taken away leaving Chanmi a bit sad to see him go. “Why do I feel so emotional today” she asked out loud letting the teacher hear her.

“It must be hard to see your son be taken right in front of your eyes even though he is so young I can tell Minchan is going to be quite the lady’s man. He already has the attention of most of the girls in this class and the others” the teacher commented.

Chanmi only laughed before walking off with her own thoughts. She saw it was true what they say… the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

***

Chanmi was busy washing dishes when she heard her cell phone ringing across the room. She had left it on the kitchen counter away from the water to avoid damaging it. She quickly turned the faucet off and dried her hands with a nearby towel before answering her phone. “Hello?”

“Chanmi-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter