Chapter 17: Chanmi's Eyes

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong chased after Barbie who had snatched an envelope right out of his hands. “Barbie get back here!”

Barbie ran up the stairs with a tight grip on the envelope. “No!” Once she saw the seal on the envelope in Jaejoong’s hands she knew what it was. It was the very thing she had been avoiding for the past two years. She couldn’t let him just ruin the life she had made for herself.

She ran into her room that she shared with Kimi. Ever since she moved to Jaejoong’s house he had kept his distance from her. He slept in a different room by himself while she and Kimi shared the same room.

Jaejoong caught up to her before she could slam the door in his face. “Give…it… to me” he said as he tried to catch his breath.

Barbie held the papers behind her back refusing to let him have it. “How dare you go behind my back and do a DNA test to see if Kimi is your daughter? Isn’t my word enough?”

“No, it isn’t. It never has been. I know for a fact that every time the two of us were together I made sure to not make such a mistake as getting you pregnant.” He held out his hand to her. “Now give me the envelope or I’ll take it by force. I’ve waited for two long years for the chance to finally get rid of you and get Chanmi back. I can’t wait another second.”

“You can never go back to that .” She ripped the envelope in half causing Jaejoong to immediately respond and grab at the paper in her hands.

“Give it to me Barbie!”

Just as Jaejoong and Barbie were arguing and fighting each other for the paper Kimi walked in. She looked at her father and mother in fear. “Appa” she called out to Jaejoong with watery eyes. 

A maid followed behind Kimi and stopped at the sight of the two fighting. “I’m sorry; it was time for Kimi’s nap.”

Jaejoong let go of Barbie and straightened up. “It’s okay Hara; you were just doing your job. Wait outside for a moment. We’ll be out soon.”

Hara bowed and exited the room closing the door behind her.

Jaejoong picked up the weeping Kimi and wiped away her tears. “Don’t cry Kimi everything’s okay.”

Barbie began to laugh at the sight. “You have become so attached to her. Are you really as heartless as to be able to throw her aside just to get that back?”

“You should really watch your mouth around children” Jaejoong said as he placed Kimi’s head against him, covering her ears. “It’s true that I have come to care for Kimi. Who wouldn’t? She is an innocent child who was dragged into this. She didn’t ask for a heartless woman like you to be her mother.”

“I’m the heartless one? I gave up my body for that thing. I am the one who has been scarred for life and had to go through all that pain just to bring her into this world. You on the other hand pretend to be a loving father to her for two years and now this piece of paper is going to change it in a matter of seconds and I’m the heartless one?” Barbie’s anger increased as Jaejoong ignored her and soothed Kimi making sure she didn’t cry any longer. “You won’t be able to get rid of her so easily. You love her and you know it!”

Jaejoong stopped his actions and looked at Barbie with a disgusted look. “All I need is to get rid of you.”

Barbie had enough and ripped the paper into hundreds of small pieces. “Try leaving me without proof.”

Jaejoong smirked as he saw Barbie’s desperate act. “I knew you would act out this way and had a second copy sent to the house I will be going back to with Chanmi and I will be taking Kimi with me. My lawyer has already prepared the proper documents for me to take over as her legal guardian. You are unfit to care for a child Han Barbie, even if she is yours and not mine.” He left the room with Kimi in his arms knowing it wouldn’t be safe for Kimi to be left with an unstable Barbie.

“That en is going to end up getting him back and my child!” She kicked at the pieces of paper that were spread out across the ground. One particular piece was flipped over saying ‘no match’. This made her furious and shouted out of rage. “I have to do something quick. I can’t let her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter