Chapter 39: Hospital

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for taking care of Minchan Appa” Chanmi gave Minchan a kiss on the cheek. “Be good for grandpa okay baby?”

Minchan nodded enthusiastically “I will Umma.”

“We’ll be waiting for your call Jaejoong” Mr. Lee couldn’t imagine not being there for his daughter at the hospital. Last time he was the only person there for her, now Jaejoong would be taking his place. Mr. Lee couldn’t be happier for his daughter.

Jaejoong chuckled, “I will call you as soon as they are born.”

“Well you two should get going. It’s a long drive to the hospital from here.” Mr. Lee gave Chanmi a hug, “don’t worry, everything will be okay.”

Chanmi smiled as she nodded. She didn’t know how but she knew her father had sensed her feelings. She was feeling scared and worried just like before. She wondered if there would be complications that required her to get an emergency c-section like with Minchan.

She then took hold of Jaejoong’s hand and walked back to the car. As they drove off Minchan and Mr. Lee waved at them before going inside. “Grandpa is Umma going to be okay?”

“Of course she is. She will be back before you know it” Mr. Lee assured him.

Minchan nodded feeling unsure. He didn’t feel good about staying behind while his mother and father went to the hospital.

Chanmi gasped as she felt a small wave of pain hit her.

“Are you okay” Jaejoong asked without taking his eyes off the road.

“Yeah it was just a strong kick.” She closed her eyes as she laid her head back. “How long is it going to take with this traffic?”

Jaejoong shrugged, “another hour perhaps.”

Chanmi shook her head from side to side “I don’t think I can wait that long. I have to pee really badly.”

“Didn’t you go before we got in the car?”

“Yes but I can pee again when my bladder is being squished by two human beings” she defended herself.

Jaejoong laughed “you got me there. I think we can take a small break.” He stopped the car at a restaurant. As they were walking to the door Chanmi could already smell the food. “I want whatever smells this delicious.”

“I thought you only had to pee.”

“Well now I want to eat too.”

“Fine” Jaejoong sighed, “This is the last time you get to use your pregnant woman powers to make me do whatever you want.”

Chanmi walked in cheerful that she had gotten him to agree to her demands once again. “It’s okay because then I can use the 'I’m the mother of your children powers'.” She quickly walked off to find the restroom before Jaejoong could say anything.

Outside the restaurant a black car with tinted windows parked beside Jaejoong’s car. The person inside kept his eyes on Jaejoong the entire time. He took out his cell phone and dialed the last person he had talked to. “I caught up to them” he said when the other person answered.

“You know what to do” Barbie hung up the phone with only those few words.

The man then put away his phone and got out of the car. He walked around to Jaejoong’s car and kneeled down to place his device on one of the wheels. He then pretended to tie his shoe before getting back up and getting back into his car.

“I think we should get going now or we’ll be late” Jaejoong said as he looked at his watch.

“But I’m not finished yet” Chanmi spoke with food in .

Jaejoong raised his hand to gain the attention of the waitress. “Can we get the rest to go?”

“Of course” the waitress took the food and put it in to-go containers. “Here you are” she handed them to Jaejoong.

“Thank you” Jaejoong thanked her as they left.

Chanmi got into the car feeling sleepy after eating. “Jae is it okay if I take a nap and you drive in silence.”

Jaejoong nodded not minding at all. “I’ll wake you when we’re there.” He continued driving along the highway only thinking of how much closer he was to meeting his twins until a loud pop startled him. He stopped the car as he felt it had become hard to handle.

Chanmi instantly woke up with the noise and looked at Jaejoong with concern. “What was that?”

“I don’t know” Jaejoong got out of the car to check and sighed as he saw the problem.

Chanmi on the other hand was still trying to recover from the scare. Once she was able to breathe normally again she realized something.

Jaejoong got back inside the car to tell her what had happened “one of the tires is flat and the rim is broken so I can’t just change the tire with the spare in the back.”

Chanmi shook her head in denial as she shut her eyes. “This isn’t good.” She exhaled deeply as she held her stomach from both sides “Jae…my water broke.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened as he heard his wife. “Wh-what? Now?”

Chanmi nodded excessively as she felt a strong pain. “A while ago when I said it was a kick…I think it was a contraction and now with the scare I think it broke my water.”

“We have to get to the hospital fast.” He took out his phone and got out of the car to call for an ambulance.

“Ahhh” Chanmi shouted as she felt the pain again. She held the door handle tightly as she tried to withstand the pain she could see and hear Jaejoong’s shouting. She could see he was panicking with the situation.

She shut her eyes as she tried to think of something else other than her situation. When she felt the door open on her side she opened them thinking it was Jaejoong but silently gasped as she saw a man wearing all black, leather gloves, and sunglasses holding a gun at her face. “Kindly step out of the car for me please?”

Chanmi looked over at Jaejoong who was looking back at her. “Just do what he says Jagiya” he told her. Chanmi nodded and took the hand of the man as he offered her help.

Once she was out of the car she bit her lip in worry. She didn’t know who this man was or what his intentions were. “What do you want” she asked him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter