Chapter 35: Fight

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jaejoong had parked the car he felt his phone vibrate. He sighed as he took it out of his pocket and read the message he knew was from Junsu.

“You know I could have come alone with Minchan if you were too busy with work” Chanmi said as she saw Jaejoong tapping away at the phone.

Jaejoong shook his head “it’s just Junsu asking about some paperwork. It’s nothing really important.” He took of his seatbelt and opened his door “let’s go.”

Chanmi held Minchan’s hand as they made their way through the grocery store’s parking lot. “Minchan I’m already warning you. You can only get one candy.”

Minchan’s attention was instantly won with that statement. “Umma you always buy me two” he whined.

“Yes but remember what the dentist said when he filled your cavity the other day?”

Minchan looked down with a pout knowing exactly what his mom was talking about. “I don’t like the dentist” he muttered to himself as they entered the grocery store.

Jaejoong came over to Minchan with the shopping cart and picked him up. “Don’t worry Minchan, Appa will buy you all the sweets you want” he said as he sat him in the cart.

While this caused Minchan to smile and laugh in joy it made Chanmi look at him with disapproval. “Jae you can’t do that. He got a cavity; he has to take care of his teeth.”

“That is why we are going to brush them every time he eats sweets right?” He asked Minchan wanting him to agree so Chanmi wouldn’t be angry at either of them.

Minchan immediately nodded, it was for is sweets’ sake. He really wanted to continue eating them and was glad his father was helping him out.

Chanmi sighed, “You two are unbelievable.” She didn’t know how it was possible that she couldn’t deny them anything. “One day I’m going to get better at saying no to you two.”

Jaejoong high fived Minchan in victory knowing she had been won over.

Chanmi began walking down the aisles of the supermarket looking for the things that were on her list. Jaejoong walked behind her, pushing the shopping cart with Minchan in it.

“Minchan do you want apple or grape juice” Chanmi asked as she looked at the different brands.

“Apple” Minchan instantly shouted.

 She grabbed the apple juice and placed it in the cart. Little by little the cart was beginning to get full.

Jaejoong had been looking down at his phone the entire time. He was receiving and sending texts, not really paying attention to what was going on around him. When he looked up he saw the amount of progress that was made and gasped “do we really need that much food for three people?”

“You and Minchan eat a lot” Chanmi laughed. “I have to be prepared.”

Chanmi was looking at the cereal when she heard Jaejoong’s phone ringing. She looked over at him as he answered the call.

“No, Junsu that location does not require the shipment… Yes… Yes…” Jaejoong was trying to get the call done with. He didn’t like being interrupted by work when he was with his family. “Did you find it?” Jaejoong let go of the shopping cart and began to move his hands around like when he talks in meetings. “How can you not find it?”

Chanmi could tell he was busy and took hold of the cart instead. “Which cereal do you think looks yummier” Chanmi asked Minchan as they made their way down the aisle leaving Jaejoong back at the beginning of the aisle where he was still talking on the phone.

“Appa likes this one” Minchan pointed to the cereal.

“But your Umma hates that cereal” an unfamiliar male voice spoke to Minchan.

He immediately looked over at the person with a confused look.

Chanmi too looked in the voice’s direction with confusion. “Chanhee what are you doing here? Weren’t you going back to the States after the event?”

Chanhee shook his head, “I missed Seoul and I haven’t had my fill of it yet so I decided to stay. I’m actually working on a small project as well. If it all turns out well I might end up staying here for good.” He reached for another cereal box and handed it to Minchan. “This is your Umma’s favorite.” He looked over at Chanmi with a smile. “You would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during high school.”

“But Umma you said I can only eat cereal for breakfast” Minchan reminded his mother.

Chanmi nodded, “that’s right baby.” She then turned to Chanhee with a displeased look “that was a long time ago. I actually take care of what I eat now.”

Chanhee looked at the cart filled with groceries. “I can see that but then again I see a lot of things in there I remember you hated.”

“I shop for my family not just for me Chanhee.”

“Ah, yes. Where is your husband anyway?” He hoped he hadn’t come along but was disappointed when Chanmi pointed over at him. “He’s busy at the moment.”

Chanhee nodded as he observed Jaejoong. “It must be hard being married to a businessman.”

Chanmi shook her head “not at all.”

“Really” Chanhee questioned. “I remember you saying you would never marry a businessman because he would always be busy like your father and never have time for you.”

“Well I lied about that.” Chanmi didn’t like how Chanhee was bringing up the past.

“Well I took it to heart.” Chanhee smiled “I remember I chose to be a model because I would get to make good money without spending so much time at work. I took it into consideration because I always imagined the two of us would end up getting marr-”

“Hello Mr. Kwon” Jaejoong purposely interrupted Chanhee when he walked over to his wife’s side and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Chanhee smirked after seeing Jaejoong’s actions. “You can just call me Chanhee.” He wasn’t too happy at the display knowing how he had Chanmi wrapped around his finger only because she didn’t want to lose her son. “We are the same age after all.”

“It’s nice to see you again Chanhee but we have to get going now.” Jaejoong took hold of the shopping cart and began walking away with it while Chanmi sighed. She grabbed the cereal Minchan had wanted and looked over at Chanhee “goodbye Chanhee.”

Chanhee continued to stare her down as she rejoined her family. “Why Chanmi? Why would you sacrifice yourself so much?”

***

When they got home Chanmi began to put away the groceries not noticing the person standing by the door looking at her. “What did he tell you” Jaejoong stated more than asking. He didn’t want to show he was bothered by Chanhee’s appearance at the store but he was.

“Nothing” Chanmi shook her head “he just happened to be there and said hello when he saw me.”

Jaejoong crossed his arms as he took a different stance “are you sure?”

Chanmi nodded as a response.

“Because Minchan told me something that sounded strange to me. He asked me to spend more time with you because then you wouldn’t like me anymore. Obviously I asked him why he thought that and he mentioned something about you not wanting to marry a businessman.”

Chanmi sighed, “Jae that’s just something Chanhee mentioned. It’s not important or relevant.”

“It is important if our son is worried over that statement. But most of all it’s important to me if it’s true.” He didn’t think she had a problem with him and his work but if she did then he wanted to know. “Do you think I’m always busy or that I don’t have time for you because of my job?”

Chanmi stopped what she was doing and hugged Jaejoong placing her head on his shoulder. “Of course not, I think you balance work and time with us well. You may work long hours from time to time and go on trips but I’m used to it. Besides, when you come back you always make sure to spend time with me and Minchan. What more can I ask for?”

Jaejoong lifted her head off of his shoulder wanting to see her face. “I don’t want you to be used to it. I want you to be happy even if it means you asking me to stay home more often.”

“I don’t want to be that kind of wife.” She smiled up at him “You don’t have to worry about what Chanhee said. He only knew the young naïve Chanmi who only thought of how she was always being left home alone. I’m glad I married you just the way you are.” She kissed his cheek.

“Just the way I am” Jaejoong asked.

“Well maybe I would take away that playboy charm of yours” Chanmi giggled. “I would really want to take it out of Minchan too.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your son is just like you” she left Jaejoong’s side to continue putting away groceries. “He has all the girls going after him. It’s like seeing a small version of you. On the last day of school he got a hug from every girl in the class then some girls from other classes looked for him as well.”

Jaejoong could only laugh at what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter