Chapter 14: Name

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanmi starred at the computer screen in front of her. Lately she has been deep in thought. The person on her mind was none other than Kim Jaejoong. His daughter had been born a couple of days ago. When Mrs. Kim gave her the news she pretended to not care but in reality she was very disturbed by it.

On one hand she felt good that his daughter had been born and he had taken responsibility of her. She hoped he would show her love even if he didn’t plan on having her. Then on the other hand she felt bad because she wished none of it had happened and she would have been able to see his face when he became a father for the first time but she knew it wouldn’t happen.

She looked down at her nine month belly and rubbed. “But you still have Grandpa Minho.”

“Did you call me?” Mr. Lee looked over at Chanmi from his desk.

Chanmi stood up from her seat with a smile. “I’m feeling a bit nauseous so I’m going outside for some fresh air.”

Mrs. Choi, one of Mr. Lee’s assistants, immediately took action and ran towards Chanmi handing her a bottle. “Here this is ginger ale. I read it was good for such problems.”

Chanmi took the bottle with a smile. “Thanks Mrs. Choi.” She looked over to her dad with a bigger smile. “I’ll be back in a bit.”

Mr. Lee only nodded as he saw Chanmi leave. He knew she was having a hard time since the day Mrs. Kim let her know about Jaejoong’s daughter. He was worried that because of it her health would get bad and the baby would suffer.

As Chanmi walked through the hotel’s lobby she was greeted by many smiles. Many of the female staffs asked to touch her stomach and asked when she was due. “Next week” she answered them which they responded to with amazement. She didn’t seem ready to give birth since her stomach wasn’t as big as they were used to seeing when a woman was nine months pregnant.

After a while she was finally able to make it outside. The fresh air soothed her and made her feel calm. She looked around at the passing cars wishing she could drive away somewhere at the moment but wasn’t allowed by her father.

Now that she was nine months pregnant she was being kept under surveillance by her father. He was worried she would go into labor while he wasn’t around.

She decided to walk to the park up the street. She had barely taken a few steps when she was stopped by Mrs. Kim’s voice “Chanmi!”

“Mrs. Kim what are you doing here? Why aren’t you at the hospital?”

Mrs. Kim scrounged her nose, “Barbie was discharged last night. I swear that girl can’t take a little pain. She keeps complaining that her head hurts, her feet hurt, and she’s dizzy, even making Jaejoong carry her up and down the stairs seriously.” Mrs. Kim covered as she realized what she was saying.

Chanmi envisioned Jaejoong carrying Barbie like he would carry her up the stairs. She gave Mrs. Kim a fake smile not wanting her to feel bad, “its okay don’t worry about me. Is the baby healthy?”

Mrs. Kim hated to admit it but after seeing the little baby girl she did get a warm feeling inside. “She’s a perfectly healthy seven pound baby. They named her Kimi.”

“Kim Kimi” Chanmi smiled, “such a pretty name.”

“She is a pretty little thing. B-but of course your baby boy will be the most handsome little thing in the world.” Mrs. Kim stuttered knowing she was beginning to give in to Kimi.

Once again Chanmi smiled a genuine smile. “It’s okay Mrs. Kim, Kimi is your granddaughter there is no need for you to force disregard her in front of me.”

Mrs. Kim held onto Chanmi’s hand. “I’m sorry Chanmi but I really would have preferred to see you and Jaejoong sharing a moment like that together.” She squeezed her hand a bit, “Just so you know Jaejoong refused to-”

Chanmi shook her head, “Mrs. Kim I really don’t need to know anything about him at the moment. The same goes for him; he can’t know anything Mrs. Kim.”

Mrs. Kim was surprised Chanmi knew why she had come to see her. “But Chanmi I still really want to see the two of you greet your child into the world together.”

“I know it must be difficult for you to understand Mrs. Kim. After all he is your son but Jaejoong really hurt me with what he did. Is it bad for me to want a bit of revenge and keep that moment to myself?” Chanmi looked at her with begging eyes. She didn’t want Mrs. Kim to give in and tell him about her pregnancy.

Mrs. Kim remained quiet.

“Please… you promised in return for me staying married to your son. If it we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter