Chapter 31: Pinky Promise

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update!

Don't you all love me?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning Jaejoong woke up when he reached over to the other side of the bed and found it empty. He then recalled the events of the night before. This made him jump out of bed. He didn’t bother changing into his clothes; he walked in what he had worn last night, a pair of pajama pants and a white t-shirt.

When Jaejoong opened the door to the room Yoochun was in his eyes widened. He saw a shirtless Yoochun sitting on the bed while his wife handed him a glass of water in only her nightgown.

“Here drink these to make your headache go away.” Chanmi offered two small blue pills to Yoochun who quickly put them in his mouth and washed them down with the water she had given him. “Thanks Chanmi-ah” he smiled seeing Jaejoong joining them. “Jae I was wondering when you would come.”

Chanmi turned to face her husband and was immediately worried to see the dark circles that formed under his eyes. “Jae what happened” she placed her hand on his cheek and felt it was warm. “Did you get sick?”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but look down at his wife and notice the cream colored nightgown had a low cut neckline that gave him a good look at her chest. Knowing the kind of guy Yoochun was let Jae know he had been looking at her, this made him angry and caused his temperature to rise. He shook his head before giving her a kiss on the lips. “I’m okay, why don’t you go get dressed while I talk to Yoochun.”

Chanmi only smiled as a response before leaving the room.

Jaejoong kept his eyes on Yoochun to see where his line of vision was. He noticed he was looking at his wife’s retreating figure and almost lost it when he spoke. “Damn Jae! You really do have one smoking hot wife.”

“I’m going to kill you, you bastard.” Jae pulled on Yoochun’s hair causing him to shout in pain.

“Ah! What was that for?”

“For checking out my wife” he pulled his hair again “that one is for falling on top of her last night” lastly he punched him in the stomach “and that is for ruining my night.”

Yoochun doubled over in pain. “What the man.”

“Now tell my why you were out on a Sunday night getting face drunk when you have work the next day? Or better yet, why did you come to my house? I was in the middle of something.”

Yoochun quickly recovered from the punch as he heard Jaejoong’s last words. “Seems like someone didn’t get any last night…” he taunted.

Jaejoong only scowled, “thanks to you, now get dressed so we can get to work.”

“Yay! Carpooling with my best friend!” Yoochun shouted.

Jaejoong ignored him and continued to his room to begin his morning routine. Once he had finished he went downstairs to see Yoochun sitting in his seat at the table talking to Minchan.

Minchan was too busy laughing with Yoochun to notice Jaejoong that is until Jae went over to push Yoochun out of his seat. “This is mine” he said as he sat down.

“Bully” Yoochun muttered as he sat in the seat next to him.

“Appa, Umma slept with me last night. Were you lonely?” Minchan asked.

Jaejoong nodded, “I was because Minchan slept with her two nights in a row.”

“Don’t worry Appa Umma can sleep with you now.”

“Thanks Minchan.”

Chanmi came into the dining room with a small stack of pancakes. “One for my baby” she said as she placed one on Minchan’s plate. “Two for my other baby” she placed the pancakes on Jaejoong’s plate.

“Thanks Jagiya.”

“And two for you Yoochun” she placed the food on his plate.

Yoochun gave her a greasy smile; “I can be your third baby” he winked.

Jaejoong quickly smacked the back of Yoochun’s head and took his plate of food. “You don’t get any. This isn’t a bed and breakfast.”

“But Jae…”

“Jae really” Chanmi asked. “Let him eat.”

Jaejoong sighed giving in and giving back the plate “fine.”

After breakfast Jaejoong kissed Minchan and Chanmi goodbye before leaving with Yoochun. The ride to work was awkward for Yoochun. Jaejoong was quiet instead of getting mad at him. The silence only made him remember the whole reason why he had gotten drunk. “Jae…” Yoochun called out to him but didn’t continue.

“Are you finally going to explain why you drunk yourself to unconsciousness? Or why you decided to pay me a visit in that state?”

Yoochun sighed as he let his head fall back onto the seat. “It’s not something I can easily say because I know it can bring consequences not just to me but to other people as well.” Yoochun looked down at his lap where his hands rested. “It requires me to step up and become a responsible adult. We both know I’m not really ready for that.”

Jaejoong parked the car as he heard Yoochun beating around the bush. The more he listened the more he got an idea of what it might be. “Did you get a girl pregnant?”

Yoochun’s eyes widened before looking over at Jaejoong.

“Because if you did you better take responsibility and take care of her and your child.” Jaejoong continued “trust me; you don’t want to miss out on that and regret it later. Besides, I wouldn’t consider you a man anymore if you just ran away from that kind of situation.”

Now Yoochun felt less of a man himself. He was scared to tell Jaejoong the truth so he only chuckled and got out of the car. When Jaejoong got out he went over to him and put his arm around his shoulder, “Nah man, I didn’t do anything like that. No girl can tie me down like you.” He stopped walking and took his arm off of Jaejoong “Unless it’s Chanmi, I definitely would let her.”

Jaejoong’s blood boiled at his friend’s playful confession. “You need to stop thinking about my wife and get your life together. You can’t just go to other people’s houses drunk.”

“Don’t worry Jae, it won’t happen again.”

***

After dropping Minchan off at school Chanmi drove to Mrs. Kim’s house. When she arrived she walked in without knocking and was met with the faces of the maids. They were scrambling around cleaning toys off of the floor. “Good morning” Chanmi greeted them.

“Good morning Mrs. Chanmi” they greeted in unison.

“What happened here?” Chanmi looked around finding more and more things.

One of the maids came over to her carrying a few stuffed animals. “Young Miss Kimi becomes a bit of a spoiled brat whenever she comes here.”

“Speaking of Kimi, where is she?”

“In the dining room with Mrs. Kim” one of them answered.

“Would you like to join them” another asked. “I can prepare a place for you at the table.”

Chanmi shook her head, “no thank you, I ate at home. I just came to check on Kimi.” Chanmi walked into the dining room and saw Mrs. Kim and Kimi had finished eating. “Good morning” she greeted them.

“Chanmi Umma” Kimi shouted as she ran over to hug her. “I missed you and Appa and Minchan.”

Chanmi patted Kimi’s back. “We missed you this weekend too.”

“Then can I go back home now” Kimi asked.

Chanmi smiled, “let me talk to Grandma Kim then we can talk.”

“Okay” Kimi chimed before running out of the dining room.

Mrs. Kim shook her head “that girl is exactly like her mother when she isn’t around my son or you. She was just complaining about the food before you came.”

Chanmi sat down with Mrs. Kim not believing how Kimi could be so different. “The maids said she made that mess in the living room and I didn’t believe it but I guess she is very different here.”

“She likes to boss around the maids and do as she likes.” Mrs. Kim sighed “how long does my son want me to keep her here?”

Chanmi shrugged, she wasn’t sure herself. “I guess until we go to the court again. He doesn’t want to give Barbie a chance to get to her until then. He thinks she’s safer here with the maids and security but I don’t think Barbie will try anything. I don’t think she’s stupid enough to risk permanent loss of Kimi.”

Both Mrs. Kim and Chanmi walked out to the living room. “I’ll talk to Jaejoong and let him know what has been happening then I’ll call you.”

Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement. “Okay dear.”

Kimi came running to Chanmi “Chanmi Umma why can’t I go to school with Minchan?”

“It’s only for a little while Kimi, so your mom won’t take you away like last time.”

“But I want to be at home with you guys and I want to go to school with Minchan.” She began to get teary eyed.

Chanmi hugged her but Kimi pushed her away. “You just want to get rid of me. You and Appa want me to stay here alone and leave me like Umma did.” Kimi went running up the stairs leaving Mrs. Kim and Chanmi speechless.

“I didn’t think she would think that way” Chanmi spoke. “I’ll have to talk with Jaejoong and let him know what Kimi thinks.”

“It’s best that you do that as soon as possible” Mrs. Kim agr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter