Chapter 37: Emotions

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Barbie watched as Yoochun made his way towards his house with Kimi by his side. “Hello Yoochun” she had been waiting by his front door for almost twenty minutes now. She really wanted to talk to him and get him to listen to her request.

When Yoochun saw Barbie he instantly furrowed his brow. He didn’t know why she was here but he didn’t care. “Go away Barbie” he didn’t want anything to do with her and he could tell Kimi was the same.

“I just came to talk to you and get a look at my little girl” she smiled at Kimi but she wasn’t buying it.

Kimi had taken a step back and wrapped her arms around Yoochun’s arm. “Appa” she whispered as she looked at Yoochun with fearful eyes.

He could tell she was scared of Barbie. He picked her up, “don’t worry baby girl” he carried her past Barbie not caring to even give her a passing glance. He opened the door of his house and let Kimi in before turning around and blocking the entrance. “I don’t think she wants to see you so just go.”

Barbie sighed, “That is my daughter Yoochun. I have just as much right to see her as you do.” When she began to raise her voice Kimi tugged on Yoochun’s shirt, wanting to pull him in.

When Barbie caught sight of Kimi she opened her arms wanting Kimi to come towards her. “Come give Umma a hug Kimi.”

Kimi ignored her and went inside away from Barbie’s sight.

“I think you get the idea don’t you. It’s not me who is trying to keep you away from Kimi. She doesn’t want to see you so please leave.” Yoochun was closing the door but Barbie stopped him.

“Then let me talk to you” she was still using a soft tone. She wasn’t using her normal voice, she wanted to seem loving and kind. So far she could tell Kimi wasn’t falling for it but she had hope Yoochun would. “Please” she added, it was a word she never had use for.

Yoochun sighed giving in to her. “Fine, what do you want?” He wanted to get this conversation over with. He wanted to go look for Kimi and make sure she was okay.

Barbie looked down at the ground as if she were shy about what she was going to say. “I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I know what I did was wrong and everything, I see that now. I’m trying to be a better person but no one gives me a chance. You saw Kimi reject me and now I wanted to apologize to you and Jaejoong but I can’t get close to him. He wouldn’t even acknowledge my presence if I approached him and if I go to their home Chanmi might get violent with me again.” She held her cheek as she remembered Chanmi hitting her.

“Well let’s just say I forgive you so you don’t have to worry about me anymore. As for Kimi, maybe when she’s older you can try again but for now its best you leave her alone. Jaejoong and Chanmi have no desire to ever hear from you again, even if it is an apology. It is apology enough for you to never show up again.”

Barbie bit her lip as she tried to control herself from exploding and ruining her façade. “But I want to talk to Jaejoong one last time. Do you think you could get him to meet me without Chanmi knowing?”

Yoochun began laughing, “Who are you trying to fool Barbie.” He continued laughing as he saw Barbie’s face change into an annoyed one. “You are so predictable you know. This little act you were doing was almost believable except for one little fact. “You don’t have human emotions. You don’t care about Kimi; you never did so why would you suddenly act like you did. Anyone with half a brain can see what you are trying to do.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about” she continued to defend herself.

“I know the real reason why you want to get Jaejoong alone. You want to make your sleazy moves on him.” Yoochun could tell by the look on her face that he was right. “That guy, Chanhee, told Chanmi the things you told him. He was surprised to hear that all those things weren’t true but he wasn’t surprised you would do something like that.”

“Chanhee gives up to easily. It was my mistake for thinking he could get Chanmi to be with him. He let something like a baby get in his way.” She crossed her arms as she thought of it.

“By the sound of it you two talked.” He pushed off of the door standing clear of it to close it. “Now that you know the situation I hope you will disappear from all our lives.” He closed the door on her and went to check on Kimi.

Barbie’s hands became fists as the door slammed in her face. “Why does everything go wrong in my life?”

***

Barbie arrived at Jaejoong’s office building with the intention of talking to him face to face. She was going to make sure she got what she wanted one way or another. “Is Mr. Kimi in his office” she asked at the front desk. When they assured her she was she instantly went up to the floor his office was located on.

If Yoochun wouldn’t help her see him then she would do it herself at a place she knew he wouldn’t make a scene. She knew he wouldn’t say who she was to his staff and therefore would be able to pass by with ease. Besides no one would turn her away with what she had in her hands.

When she arrived on his floor she went over to his secretary’s desk and gave her name to her. “I’m Han Barbie; I’m a friend of Mr. Kim’s and came to give him a present for his wife.” She looked down at the perfectly wrapped box in her hands.

The secretary only smiled as she saw the gift. “Go ahead Ms. Han, he’s in his office.”

“Thank you” she smiled at the secretary before going over to Jaejoong’s office and knocking. She didn’t wait for him to say anything; she just went in and caught him unaware.

“What are you doing here” Jaejoong asked as he got out of his chair.

“I came to talk to you” she simply said before putting down the gift. “I wanted to give you one last chance to realize the mistake you are making with your life. You don’t want Chanmi” she went over to him placing her hand on his shoulder before pressing her body against his.  “You want me, you want to be with me and leave her alone.”

Jaejoong harshly shoved her away from him and pointed at the door. “You’re crazy if you seriously believe that I would prefer you over Chanmi. Get out now!”

“You might want to reconsider that.” Barbie picked up the wrapped box and handed it to Jaejoong. “Open it.”

He did as she said, the curiosity had gotten him to give in and open the box. When he opened it he saw a picture from when he was younger. He was shirtless as he looked in the bathroom mirror. “What is this” he had never seen that picture. He didn’t even recall that moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter