Chapter 36: Double Trouble

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong read through the paperwork in front of him as fast as he could. He would lift his gaze up to the clock that was mounted on his office wall every other sentence. When he finished reading he quickly signed the papers and put them in a new folder.

He quickly put his desk in order before dashing to the door. When he opened it he bumped into Yoochun who was holding a folder in one hand and his keys in the other. “Jae why are you in a hurry?”

“I have to pick up Minchan” he answered quickly and began walking again.

Yoochun followed him knowing that wasn’t the reason. “But Minchan doesn’t get out for another twenty minutes.”

“There’s nothing wrong with being early” he said while pushing the elevator button impatiently. “Aren’t you going to pick up Kiimi?”

Yoochun shook his head, “Kimi is going to a friend’s house today. Now aren’t you going to tell me why you are in a hurry?”

Jaejoong sighed as he starred at his watch. “I don’t have time to talk.” The elevator then opened revealing Junsu. “Hey Jae I need you to sign the order forms.” Just as Junsu was walking out of the elevator he felt himself being pushed back in by Jaejoong. “I’ll sign them in here.”

Yoochun jumped in the elevator as well. He still wanted to get to the bottom of things. “If you have time to sign papers then you have time to tell me.”

“Tell you what” Junsu asked as he handed Jaejoong the papers.

“Nothing” Jaejoong responded. He used the wall as support to sign the papers and handed them back to Junsu.

Yoochun smirked, “It must be something for you to be so secretive. Now tell me.”

“Yeah tell us” Junsu joined in.

Jaejoong gave up as he saw his best friend’s pleading looks. “I didn’t want to tell you guys yet but Chanmi’s pregnant.”

Both Yoochun and Junsu gasped loudly before congratulating Jaejoong. “Oh man that’s great” Junsu patted Jaejoong’s back. “I knew you had it in you Jae” Yoochun playfully remarked. “So what’s with you rushing home today?”

“Today was her second appointment at the doctor’s. According to her calculations she is about two months now. She was worried because she had gained weight quickly and got scared something might be wrong. She seems to be having difficulties this time around so I’m worried.” When the elevator doors opened he quickly walked out followed by the other two. “I just need to know everything is okay.”

“Don’t worry Jae, I’m sure everything is fine” Junsu tried to reassure him.

Jaejoong knew there was no way Junsu knew that for sure but he felt better hearing him say that. “Thanks.”

“No problem” Junsu smiled “now go home and take care of your wife.”

Both Junsu and Yoochun watched as Jaejoong sped out of the parking lot. When he was out of sight Yoochun decided to ask Junsu a question. “Do you think something bad could happen?”

“I hope not. I don’t think Jae or Chanmi could take it.”

***

“Jagiya we’re home” Jaejoong shouted as he entered the house with Minchan.

“Umma we’re home” Minchan shouted as well. He immediately dropped his backpack and kicked off his shoes when he heard noises coming from upstairs. “Umma is upstairs” he told Jaejoong who hadn’t heard what Minchan had.

Jaejoong followed behind his son who led him to the noises.

“She’s in here” Minchan said as he stopped at the door of the master bathroom.

That’s when Jaejoong heard the noises Minchan was referring too. Jaejoong knocked on the door lightly “Chanmi are you okay?”

Chanmi immediately tried to stop herself from throwing up anymore but found it hard. She coughed once more before answering him. “I’m fine just go, I don’t want you listening to me.”

Jaejoong understood and took Minchan away from the door. “Let’s go get Umma a cup of water okay?”

Minchan looked at Jaejoong with a worried expression. “Is Umma still sick?”

Jaejoong nodded, “yes but don’t worry Minchan, soon she will be okay.” They had already explained to Minchan that because his younger sibling was inside his mother’s stomach it would make her sick from time to time.

“Can I give her water in my Astro Boy cup? I think the baby will like it better” Minchan suggested.

Jaejoong laughed at his son’s innocence. “If you the baby will like it then go ahead.”

Minchan happily went into the kitchen to fill his cup with water to give to his mother.

“I’ll go check on Umma while you get the water” Jaejoong told him as he went back to Chanmi. When he got to the master bathroom the door was open for him to peek inside. He saw Chanmi was finishing brushing her teeth and waited for her outside.

When Chanmi was done she stepped out of the bathroom with a pale face. All her make-up had been washed off and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail to keep it out of her face.

“Are you okay” Jaejoong asked as he hugged her bringing her head onto his shoulder.

Chanmi placed her hands on his back and nodded as a response. She was still trying to regain herself after what just happened. “I’m so tired” she sighed.

Jaejoong didn’t need any further instructions. He instantly picked her up and carried her to their bedroom. He gently placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter