Chapter 23: Wake Up

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One Week-

The alarm rang at five in the morning and almost immediately Chanmi sprung up from her balled up form beside her son. The combination of the alarm and his mother’s sudden actions also woke up Minchan.

“Umma…” he whined as he rolled onto his side facing his mother. He held the blanket closer not wanting to get out from its warmth.

Chanmi smoothed out the stray hairs from Minchan’s head after his night of sleep and patted his back. “Go back to sleep baby. I’ll wake you up when it’s your time.” She felt bad for making inconveniencing her son.

Minchan nodded as he quickly snuggled closer to his mother wanting to savor the last few seconds before she got out of the bed.

Once she saw he had gone back to sleep she slowly got out of the bed and walked out into the hall. She made her way to Kimi’s room and with no remorse the light. But of course this had no effect on Kimi.

Before Jaejoong lived with Kimi and two maids who were mostly there to cook, clean and take care of Kimi after school until Jaejoong came home. They were live-in maids just like at his mother’s house.

Jaejoong knew Chanmi wasn’t comfortable with having maids do everything around the house and let them go back to their usual work at his mother’s house.

One of the maid’s duties was waking up Kimi and getting her ready for school. This usually took a combined effort between the two of them and a total of well past an hour. Sometime Jaejoong would have to intervene, usually promising Kimi something in return for her cooperation and Kimi wasn’t cheap.

Being a mother, it was easy for Chanmi to get up early and get Minchan set for school. She volunteered to take Kimi as well since they will be going to the same school but she didn’t know about Kimi’s bad morning habits.

After seeing how Jaejoong dealt with waking Kimi up Chanmi knew it would only add to her `Diva syndrome’ Mrs. Kim warned her about. She decided to get Kimi up herself and little by little she was progressing. Now it was Friday, the fifth day of her being woken up by Chanmi.

Because of how long it takes to get Kimi up and ready Chanmi has to wake up an hour earlier than she usually had to when getting Minchan to school. She got to Kimi’s bed and lightly began to pat her back. “Kimi-ah wake up now.” She continued this until she got a reaction from Kimi letting her know she had heard her.

She then left the room with the light still on and the door open so she could hear the noises from outside. Chanmi went into her and Jaejoong’s room, which she was still not sleeping in, and got her clothes for the day.

Once she was done showering and changing the time was 5:30. She quickly left the room without waking Jaejoong up and went back to Kimi’s.  She was surprised to find that the lights had been turned off and the door closed. This meant Kimi had gotten annoyed by the light and gotten up to turn them off.

Chanmi only thought of it as progress and turned them back on. This time Kimi quickly turned to face the door where Chanmi was standing. “Whhhhy!” she shouted out.

“Kimi it’s time to get ready.” Chanmi opened up Kimi’s closet and got her school uniform ready for her.

“I don’t want to” she said almost crying from the frustration.

Now it was time for Chanmi’s final attack. In the nicest voice she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter