Chapter 15: Broken Promise?

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim smiled and cooed as she talked on the phone. “Little Minchan do you miss grandma?”

The only response she heard from the newborn was a few noises and soft breathing. She couldn’t expect much from a month old baby.

Chanmi smiled seeing Minchan react to Mrs. Kim’s voice. She then put the phone to her ear to continue talking to Mrs. Kim. “That’s as close to a response as we are going to get.”

Mrs. Kim laughed, “I can’t wait till the day I finally get to hear his voice.”

“That makes two of you. My dad keeps trying to make him talk.” Minchan began to wiggle around and gave a soft whine. This made Chanmi stand up and begin rocking him in her arms. “There there Minchan” she softly whispered. “I’m sorry Mrs. Kim but I have to feed him now.”

“That’s fine dear; I’ll stop by later when I can escape the mistress from hell.”

Chanmi laughed at Mrs. Kim’s nickname for Barbie. “Alright then take care.”

“You too and please give Minchan plenty of kisses for me.” Mrs. Kim then hung up the phone with a heavy heart. She really wanted to continue the phone call. She felt it necessary to call every day at least once. It was her way of making sure Chanmi never felt forgotten.

“Mom who’s Minchan and why are you sending him kisses?”

Mrs. Kim turned around with a shout. “Jaejoong you scared me.” She hadn’t noticed Jaejoong’s presence in her room.

Jaejoong approached his mother with a curious expression. He had been able to catch his mother’s last words to Chanmi before hanging up. “You aren’t cheating on dad are you? I know it’s hard with him being gone so much but trust me it’s not worth it.”

Mrs. Kim hit Jaejoong’s arm with her built up anger. “I have self-control unlike you.”

He hissed in pain from her hit and rubbed his arm. “I get it. I know I did wrong and I’m paying for what I did. There isn’t anyone else suffering more than I am.”

“Don’t be so sure about that spoiled brat.”

Wanting to avoid the subject and move on he went back to his original question. “Then if he isn’t a lover, who is he?”

“Minchan is my friend’s newborn grandson. Now tell me why you are here?”

Jaejoong sighed as he sat on his mother’s bed. “Barbie is putting Kimi down for her nap so I finally can talk to you.”

“About?”

“Kimi’s DNA test.”

This time Mrs. Kim was the one to sigh. “Jaejoong you have to do that on your own. I can’t help you. Ever since the time I took Kimi out to the garden without Barbie’s permission she doesn’t give her to me for more than ten minutes.”

“I know but what am I going to do?” He threw himself back onto the bed. “She claims I’m Kimi’s father yet she never leaves me alone with her. She sticks to me like glue and won’t even let me come along to her doctor’s appointments.”

“It does seem a bit odd. She probably knows what we are planning.”

“I don’t like this feeling of not knowing if that little girl is mine. On one end I want to accept her and give her the love she deserves as my daughter but then I have this feeling inside of me that tells me otherwise.” He sat up and looked at his mother with pleading eyes. “What do I do mom? I thought I would have known the truth by now.”

Mrs. Kim saw her son’s troubled face and hugged him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter