Chapter 3: Kiss

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A series of loud bangs woke Jaejoong up from his deep sleep. He hadn’t gotten home till four in the morning thanks to an emergency at one of his father’s clubs. It seemed his father really was beginning to trust him and give him some more responsibilities.

The loud bangs began again only annoying him causing him to place a pillow over his head.

“Kim Jaejoong if you don’t get up and open this door right now I will kill you!”

Jaejoong’s eyes opened as he recognized the voice to be his mother’s. He looked over at the clock on his nightstand and read the time. It was just going to be eight. “Why is she waking me up so early when I just got here” he whined as he got out of the bed.

He opened the door of his room to reveal his mother with a worried look on her face after seeing the state he was in. “You really were still asleep!?” She pushed through the doors and ran into his room followed by two maids. One was holding a breakfast tray and placed it on the table by the door before leaving. The other maid began making the bed while his mother went straight for his closet.

“Mom what are you doing” Jaejoong asked, completely clueless as to why she woke him up.

His mother came out of the closet holding some clothes. “My son really is a beast with no emotions. How can you forget your meeting with sweet Chanmi?”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened as he recalled the meeting she had called to make with him. It was the first meeting she had personally made with him. All their meetings were scheduled by assistants or their fathers.

He quickly ran over to his now well done bed where his mother laid his clothes. “I had forgotten since I came home so late.”

“I knew this would happen so I made sure to wake up early today as well. I don’t want you messing things up with my future daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Kim went back to Jaejoong’s closet looking for the shoes he should wear. She wanted to make sure everything went well with Chanmi.

The day of the dinner was the first time she met her and immediately loved her. She was the embodiment of the daughter she had always wanted but never got. She only had Jaejoong and now had to rely on him to get him a daughter-in-law she could be proud of.

Chanmi seemed perfect to Mrs. Kim. Right away both she and Chanmi began to talk almost like mother and daughter. It seemed they had similar interests and became friends instantly.  Mrs. Kim wished it would be the same between Chanmi and Jaejoong. She noticed how Chanmi acted as if she had already known Jaejoong. After the dinner was finished Mrs. Kim got right to the bottom of it all and asked Jaejoong about it. Jaejoong told his mother everything like he usually did. He and his mother were very close and even if she didn’t like it she knew her son was a playboy. She only hoped he meant what he had told her that day about being serious with Chanmi.

Mrs. Kim of course then decided to support Jaejoong and help him become a gentleman Chanmi wouldn’t be able to resist.

Jaejoong took off his shirt revealing his muscular upper torso. The maid who had been busy cleaning up the room blushed at the sight of the young master. His tattoos only enhanced the view for her. After putting on the fresh shirt he noticed the maid’s gaze and instead of smirking at her like he usually would he cleared his throat. “Mom I think I need some privacy.”

His mother smiled in delight. “That’s my baby. He is a changed man.” She was proud of his new behavior of modesty. “Let’s go Hara” she called out to the maid.

After they left Jaejoong finished getting ready. He left the room as quickly as possible, not even eating his breakfast to avoid being late and getting on Chanmi’s bad side. When he got downstairs he found his mother waiting for him at the front door.

“Hurry the car is ready” she called out to him.

He gave her a kiss goodbye as he passed. “Thanks mom.”

“Don’t thank me just don’t mess this up. I only accept Chanmi as my daughter-in-law” she shouted before closing the door.

Jaejoong got inside his car and drove as quickly as possible to the place he was meeting Chanmi at. It seemed luck wasn’t on his side this morning. He was getting every red light and on top of that there was a detour thanks to a crash.

He finally arrived at the location ten minutes later than the scheduled time. He spotted Chanmi sitting at a table looking at some papers in front of her.

Chanmi kept her eyes on the book in front of her as she saw Jaejoong approaching from the corner of her eye she sighed. “I’m not even surprised you’re late.”

“Hey I tried be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter