Chapter 32: Tea Party

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Jaejoong asked.

Chanmi shook her head and went back to folding laundry. “I think it would be best for you and Yoochun to be the only ones with her and ease her into the news. It would be difficult with more people around. Besides, I don’t think it’s good for Minchan to be there. I’ll just stay here with him and explain what is going on.”

Jaejoong nodded understanding it would be difficult for both the children. Minchan already went through so many hard changes and discoveries of his own. Now he had to learn that he won’t have a noona that living with him.

Minchan came into their room holding a paper and pencil. “Umma can you check my homework?”

Chanmi gasped as she took the paper from him. “You already finished it? You are really smart baby.”

“Of course I am because Umma is smart too” he climbed up on the bed to sit next to her.

“What about me” Jaejoong asked.

“Appa is smart too” Minchan giggled.

“Good thing you said that or I would have tickled you. Now give me a hug before I go.” Jaejoong opened his arms for Minchan to come toward him.

Minchan got up and walked across the bed. “Where are you going Appa” he asked as he gave him a hug.

“I’m going to see Kimi and uncle Yoochun.”

“Can I come? I miss Kimi.”

Jaejoong looked over to Chanmi for an answer.

“Minchan we can’t go this time. Appa has to talk to Kimi and Yoochun alone.” She went over to them and picked Minchan up. “And you and I have something to talk about too but it’s a secret.” She leaned in closer to Minchan’s ear and whispered “it’s a secret.”

Minchan nodded “I can keep a secret.”

Chanmi kissed Minchan’s cheek “I know you can baby so let Appa go alone and then I can tell you the secret.”

With that Minchan immediately waved to Jaejoong. “Bye Appa.” He really wanted to know his mom’s secret.

Jaejoong laughed as he waved back and left. He had heard what Chanmi whispered and knew Minchan must really be curious.

When Jaejoong arrived at his mother’s house he saw Yoochun’s car was already parked in the front. He went inside the house and found him playing tea party with Kimi. “Hey is there room for one more?” he asked gaining Kimi’s attention.

“Appa” she shouted as she ran over to him and dragged him by his arm. “Come sit with us and I will give you tea.”

Jaejoong watched Yoochun looking at Kimi with an awkward look. He knew it must be because he was worried and nervous about literally becoming a father for the first time.

After drinking a cup of imaginary tea with Kimi Jaejoong took out a folder. “Kimi did you know tea parties aren’t just for little girls? Older girls play too with real tea and talk to each other about stuff.” He took out a paper and placed it on the table. “You’re a big girl now aren’t you?”

Kimi nodded, “Yes I am. I am already a noona. I take care of Minchan all the time.”

Jaejoong nodded “Exactly so I can tell you anything and you will understand like a big girl.”

Kimi nodded once again.

Jaejoong pushed the paper towards her. “Do you know what this is Kimi?”

“No” she said as she looked at it. “Ah it says my name” she pointed to the line where she recognized her name was written.

“Yes because this is your birth certificate. When a baby is born the doctor’s give their parents a paper with the name, time, and day of the baby that is born.” He pointed to a section on the paper. “You see, it says your birthday is…”

“March 14” Kimi answered.

“And here it says your Umma’s name” Jaejoong pointed to Barbie’s name.

Kimi nodded recognizing it. “The paper does know everything.” She began looking for Jaejoong’s name. “But it doesn’t say your name Appa.”

Jaejoong looked over at Yoochun who tensed up at the moment. “That’s because I’m not your real Appa.”

Kimi’s eyes widened as she looked at Jaejoong.

“I’m your Appa” Yoochun spoke for the first time since Jaejoong arrived.

Kimi shook her head refusing the idea. “But Appa said he was my Appa. Did you lie” she asked Jaejoong.

“I lied” Yoochun told her before Jaejoong could answer. “I was afraid I couldn’t be a good Appa for you Kimi. Because of that I-”

“He asked for my help. He wanted me to take care of you until he was the perfect Appa for you Kimi.”

Yoochun smiled, glad that Jaejoong didn’t make him sound like a horrible person. When he looked over at Kimi she was only looking down without saying a thing. “Why” she finally said. She looked over at Yoochun. “Why couldn’t you be my Appa a long time ago?”

“I’m sorry Kimi” he went over to her and got on his knees. “I didn’t mean for you to be confused or hurt because of me. I just didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how to be an Appa until now. Do you think you could give me a chance to be your Appa?”

Kimi looked over at Jaejoong with watery eyes making him feel guilty, as if it was his fault. She then looked over at Yoochun and gave him a small nod.”But…does that mean I won’t see Jaejoong Appa anymore?”

Jaejoong hugged Kimi “of course not, you will still see me, Minchan, and Chanmi whenever you want.”

Kimi broke the hug and smiled up at him. She then looked over at Yoochun and hugged him. She had already liked him before as an uncle so it wasn’t hard for her to like him as a father. She just needed to get used to it. “Appa…” she looked up at Yoochun.

Yoochun smiled as he heard Kimi calling him Appa for the first time.

“…can I live with you” Kimi asked. “If you really are my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter