Chapter 5: Anemia

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong sighed as he walked down the stairs carrying an over-night bag in his free hand.

Mrs. Kim sat in the living room reading a book silently until she noticed Jaejoong coming down the stairs. “Jaejoong it’s seven in the morning what are you doing up this early and where are you going?”

Jaejoong went over to his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I just got a call from Mr. Lee.”

“Oh my goodness is something wrong? Is Chanmi alright?” Mrs. Kim began to worry thinking of what reason there could have been for Mr. Lee to call Jaejoong so early.

“It’s nothing to worry about mom. It’s just that Chanmi, my girlfriend of over seven months has been sick for the past two days and never told me.”

Mrs. Kim shook her head. “That poor girl is just thinking about you. She knew you were gone for the past week on business and didn’t want to worry you with her problems.” After a moment of admiration for Chanmi Mrs. Kim began to worry again, “but wait it’s nothing serious is it?”

Jaejoong shook his head, “Mr. Lee said she wasn’t in any danger. It was just her anemia acting up and making her tired. She would be better by now if she would just eat but he said she refuses saying she doesn’t have an appetite and just on ice all day.”

“Oh I have an idea” Mrs. Kim stood up walking towards the kitchen. “Why don’t you take Jenny with you so she can cook Chanmi something that will get her better in no time?”

“No mom” Jaejoong stopped her before she could get to the kitchen. “I want to go over and cook for her. Mr. Lee has business to attend to and won’t be back until tomorrow afternoon so he asked if I could watch over her while he’s gone. I want to cook for her and make sure she gets better on my own.”

Mrs. Kim looked at Jaejoong with concern. “Are you sure Jae? You’ve never cooked before.”

Jaejoong nodded, “don’t worry mom, I’ll be fine.”

“Oh alright then”, Mrs. Kim gave up and went over to give Jaejoong a hug. “Go and take good care of Chanmi.”

“I will” Jaejoong smiled reassuring her.

He got to Chanmi’s house as quickly as traffic permitted him. He rang the doorbell to Chanmi’s house where she and her father lived alone.

Unlike him, Chanmi didn’t live in a huge mansion with maids ready to do anything she asked. The Lee’s preferred to live a normal simple life. Chanmi cooked and cleaned for her father and herself ever since he and her mother divorced.

Mr. Lee opened the door already knowing who it was. “Come in Jaejoong. Thanks for coming on such short notice.”

Jaejoong went inside closing the door behind him. “No need to thank me Mr. Lee. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for your daughter.”

“I know” Mr. Lee smiled. “Now follow me and I’ll show you what medicine to give her.” Mr. Lee walked up the stairs leading Jaejoong to Chanmi’s room. “Right now she’s sleeping. She is in such a deep sleep from the fatigue that she doesn’t wake up even if you slam the bedroom door.”

When they were in front of her bedroom door Jaejoong looked at Mr. Lee concerned. “You mean she’s in there asleep right now and we’re just going to enter like nothing?”

“Yeah” Mr. Lee simply nodded as he opened the door “it’s not like we’re strangers. I’m her father and you’re her boyfriend if we can’t see her sleeping face then who can?”

Mr. Lee seemed to make sense so Jaejoong followed as he went to Chanmi’s nightstand. “She has to take these two pills twice a day. The red one needs to be taken with food so please make sure she eats something not just ice.”

Jaejoong listened carefully so he wouldn’t forget. “Understood, I’ll do my best to help her recover.”

“Well then I’ll be on my way now.” Mr. Lee sat on Chanmi’s bed getting close to her. “Bye sweetie daddy has to go but don’t worry you won’t be alone.” He leaned down and gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek.

Jaejoong was surprised to see it was true that she was in a deep sleep. She didn’t move at all during the time they had gone into her room. As h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter