Chapter 21: Victim

The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho sighed as he starred down at the paper in his hands. He couldn’t believe she was agreeing to stay in such a hopeless marriage.  His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on his door. “Come in” he said as he put the paper aside.

Jaejoong and his lawyer entered Yunho’s office and took a seat. “Sorry for making you wait Mr. Jung but Mr. Kim had a late meeting” the lawyer said.

“That’s alright after all this isn’t a very important matter to me.” He picks up the papers Chanmi signed and hesitates to hand them over for a moment. He looks at Jaejoong who had said nothing all this time and with a hardened expression hands the papers to his lawyer. “These are the papers you had sent over to me.”

Jaejoong suddenly was filled with life at the mention of the papers. “Did she agree? Did she sign?” He quickly snatched the papers from his lawyer to take a look for himself.

“Yes she has” the lawyer said as Jaejoong looked at the papers. “I trust she will abide by all the clauses of the agreement which include her moving back home with Mr. Kim no later than the end of the month.”

Yunho crossed his arms as he sat back in his chair. “Now that might be a bit difficult. You see Chanmi is a very successful model. In Japan she is highly requested and has a full schedule between her modeling and being a mother. Minchan is currently enrolled in school and I’m sure you will agree it would only harm his education to pull him out so suddenly.”

“What, no!” Jaejoong exclaimed. “She signed so she has to do everything that I included in the agreement.”

Yunho became angered by Jaejoong’s statement and turned his full attention to him. “Think about what is best for Chanmi and Minchan for once. She already signed your agreement like you wanted to. She is going to sacrifice her happiness so she can stay with Minchan. Isn’t she suffering enough already?”

Jaejoong glared at Yunho. He didn’t like how he referred to Chanmi by her name so casually. “You don’t know what I have been through. If your wife had hidden her pregnancy from you I’m sure you would do the same thing. But you don’t know my pain. You can only imagine how it haunts me to know I will never be able to experience the birth of my child or how I will never get all the years I missed of his life back. I have missed four years of my son’s life already and I don’t plan to lose another month. If she doesn’t come back by the end of the month I will personally go and get what’s mine.”

Yunho smirked hearing Jaejoong’s monologue. “You make yourself sound like a victim.” He sits up getting closer to Jaejoong. “You forget how you cheated on Chanmi since you two were dating. How you were banging some other girl behind her back!”

Jaejoong’s fists began to ball up as he heard Yunho.

“Or how you made things even worse by falling into her trap thinking you had knocked her up and began living with her like a loving couple.” Yunho smirk grew as he thought of his final blow. “And then, you still had the audacity to adopt what you thought was your bastard child for three years.”

After those words Jaejoong lost it and lunged himself at Yunho. Jaejoong’s lawyer tried to separate the two as they began to tumble around throwing punches and insults to each other. After receiving a hit to the jaw he went out of the office to solicit help.

Changmin ran into Yunho’s office followed by Jaejoong’s lawyer. He took a hold of Yunho’s waist from behind and pried him away from Jaejoong who was underneath him.

Jaejoong immediately stood up ready to go after Yunho again but was stopped by his lawyer. “Mr. Kim I think its best we go now before security gets here.”

“There is no way I am leaving here unless I kill him!”

Yunho had calmed down enough for Changmin to let him go. He wiped the blood that ran down the side of his mouth with the sleeve of his suit’s sleeve. “You never know when to quit, that’s why Chanmi-”

“Stop talking about her! I know you just want me out of the picture so you can be with her but that’s not going to happen” he said not letting Yunho finish. Jaejoong struggled trying to get out of his lawyer’s grip but failed.

Security entered the room taking a look at the men who were bleeding and beginning to show signs of bruises.

Changmin then instructed them to Jaejoong out of the building.

As Jaejoong was exiting the room he turned to look at Yunho with his swollen eye. “Chanmi is mine so don’t even think about going after her.”

Yunho shook his head in disbelief at how determined Jaejoong was to get Chanmi back by his side. It was as if he didn’t care about her at all. “He only wants her by his side and doesn’t even care about her feelings” Yunho told Changmin.

Changmin only shrugged as he made Yunho take a seat. “That shouldn’t matter to you. You are only representing Chanmi for her legal purposes. You can’t let personal matters interfere even if she is your childhood friend.”

“You just don’t know Changmin. She is willing to sacrifice everything and go back to that playboy as long as she gets to be by her son’s side.”

“That is her choice and as her lawyer all you should have done was hand over the papers. Why did you go to this extreme?”

Yunho thought about it for a moment. “I don’t know, I guess I just have this urge to protect her like when we were kids. She and I were like siblings and I guess I’m still trying to live up to the role of her big brother.”

“Let’s hope that’s all it is” Changmin said with a sigh.

***

Jaejoong had become furious as the month ended and there was no sign of Chanmi coming back soon so he did as he said and went after what was his.

When he arrived he didn’t even check in to a hotel. He drove straight to Chanmi’s apartment with the intention of taking back his wife and son that same day.

Once he got to the right apartment building he climbed up the stairs until he got to the right level. He rang the doorbell of the apartment his mother had told him was Chanmi’s but got no response.

He continued to ring the doorbell not giving up. He was certain she was ignoring him but it didn’t matter to him. He loved her and needed her by his side more than anything. He would stay there until she got tired of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter